SODAHEAD STAFF: WHY DO YOU HATE LIBERALS?

SmittenKitten 2011/08/30 01:34:04
As is the usual case, as of 8:15pm, all the politically-related questions on Page 1 of the HOT list were submitted by Conservatives.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/drug-testing-mandatory-...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/confirmed-barock-obama-...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-signs-executive-o...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-didnt-actually-ri...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obamas-illegal-alien-un...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/uncle-omar-another-ille...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/chris-matthews-smells-r...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/should-chicago-pay-sex-...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/should-ugly-people-get-...

Why does the Sodahead Staff hate Liberals?

In fact two of the questions are concerning the same topic.

Over the weekend, I had submitted a blog which had more responses than the top question on Page 1 of the HOT list. As the night went on, and I continued to get more responses, my question was moved from Page 2, to page 4. The next time I looked for it, it was on Page 12. In 19 hours, it had more activity than the Number 1 Question on Page 1 of the HOT list, which was going into it's second day and receiving little activity.

My blog has over 900 opinions, but never got the exposure that other questions with less activity received. I had to go to other questions and post the link to my question; that's how I got so many responses.

So I ask, why does the Sodahead staff hate Liberals? Do they want us to leave? Is there any shame, at all, in Sodahead staff's obvious attempt to control the agenda on what is described as:

" ... the premier opinion-based community where visitors discover,
debate, and discuss today's hottest issues. They share their unique
views on breaking news, hot topics and controversial issues and a
diverse panel of staff writers provide original and exclusive content
daily.

With that many angles, the discussions on SodaHead will open your eyes
to a panoramic view of your world that you won't get anywhere else,
allowing you to see the big picture and discuss it."

Sodahead is not being honest with the public. There is only one angle that is promoted on Sodahead, the agenda of Conservatives.

Why does the Sodahead staff hate Liberals?

• SodaHead 2011/08/31 20:50:27
    +26
    Hello,

Some members may feel that SodaHead is the site of an epic battle between left and right, where the only important content is political content from the left and right, and every action taken by SodaHead is influenced by some perceived politlcal "bias" that favors one political party over the other.

When we make decisions about changes to the site, or decisions on what to feature on the rotating "carousel" pages, politics doesn't enter the picture. Why would we want to alienate an entire political party and drive them away from the site? That wouldn't be good for our traffic.

The questions you are referring to have worked it's way to the 'Hot' section because of an alorithm that allows fresh/active stories with the most raves, comments, votes, replies, etc. Users voted them to the top -- SodaHead has no control over this. Questions with time stamps of 3-4 days older may not appear on the first page of the Hot section. Content that violates the Code of Conduct may be removed by SodaHead.

As always, please continue to produce good content and share your views with everyone -- there's room here for everyone's opinion, as long as we respect each other.

-SodaHead Support

Tips for Getting Featured on SodaHead:
    http://www.sodahead.com/fun/s...

• Doc Bastion 2011/09/03 17:15:41
    Doc
    +3
    The Government does have the power to levy taxes for those 18 powers, but taking money from
    A to give to B is not one of them. That's wealth redistibution, and that's what this country was designed against. This is a place where anyone can succeed or fail on their own merits. Not where people can make poor decision and have someone else pay for it. Imo, that sort of policy is why we are having financial trouble, you always run out of other peoples money, and those other people don't want to give it up. And who can blame them. That's why some corporations are doing so well and paying very little taxes, because they are hand in hand with government. So the gov takes your tax money and gives it to the corps. I believe that gov is the problem, not the solution. I know you don't like big corps, but if the gov has all the power over your life, then the gov becomes the biggest corp of all.
  • Bastion Doc 2011/09/03 18:09:03
    Bastion
    +3
    Does your concern with wealth redistribution include the largest redistribution UPWARD in US history that occured over the last 30 years, largely financed through 40X leveraged derivitives, financial "products" that produce nothing but air, and the moving of labor costs to third world countries, thereby abandoning the American workforce?

Government is the SOLUTION, NOT the problem.
    The corporate empire, which owns and manipulates the government it corrupted and purchased away from the American people, is the PROBLEM.
    Returning government to the people, by fullfilling the SEPARATION of WEALTH and POWER intended by the Founding Fathers and removing corporate money from politics, is the ONLY thing that will protect the people from exploitation and outright theft by the International Corporate Empire.
  • Doc Bastion 2011/09/03 18:19:43
    Doc
    +2
    My concern with wealth redistributioni does concern that as well, and it couldn't have happened if our gov didn't sanction it.

I feel that the corporate empire IS the goverment. If we had more personal freedoms, the gov would have less power.

See, when it comes down to it, the only differnce between you and me is that you believe the gov is the answer and I believe the answer is us.
  • Bastion Doc 2011/09/03 20:53:00
    Bastion
    +1
    So the only difference between you and me is:

I believe the Founding Fathers planned for the American government to be the tool that WE (us) wield, against the forces of shear wealth.

The tools are there in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, if only we had the leaders with the honor and integrity to defy corporate wealth.

Justice for ALL, not just the well-connected.
  • Doc Bastion 2011/09/03 20:55:14
    Doc
    +3
    Except for the things I pu t in parenthesis

I believe the Founding Fathers planned for the American government to be the tool that WE (us) wield, against the forces of shear wealth. (and power over our freedoms)

(equal)Justice for ALL, not just the well-connected.
  • Doc Bastion 2011/09/03 17:17:56
    Doc
    +3
    On a side note, I don't expect gov for free, but about half of all americans are getting it for free now. And I don't like the idea of my taxes being used for abortions, or so some junkie can sell their food stamps for crack.
  • Bastion Doc 2011/09/03 18:11:43
    Bastion
    +1
    That's because half of Americans have no access to money.

The 2% result in Florida's welfare drug test debacle should ease your concerns about crack - and only the rich should have abortions?
  • Doc Bastion 2011/09/03 18:22:37
    Doc
    +2
    Half of working american have no access to money, but the gov has access to a great deal of it, and they want more.

I believe that it is cheaper to use birth control than to pay for an abortion. And how would you feel if your kids did anything they wanted, but you always had to pay, and if you said, "I've had enough of buying you cars, just so you can wreck it." And then your child complains that you are heartless, and sues you.
  • Doc Bastion 2011/09/02 19:24:29
    Doc
    +2
    On a side note, I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just trying to get you to see another perspective.
  • Bastion Doc 2011/09/02 19:43:20
    Bastion
    +1
    There it is.
  • Smitten... Bastion 2011/09/02 19:59:24
  • Doc Smitten... 2011/09/02 20:04:46
    Doc
    +1
    They must have heard you, LOL
  • Smitten... Doc 2011/09/02 21:51:55
  • Doc Smitten... 2011/09/03 17:16:31
    Doc
    +1
    Jeep asking great "questions" like this and it will. :-)
  • jams 2011/09/01 12:58:03
    jams
    +5
    Good luck on your efforts to get an answer.

luck efforts answer political doublespeak
  • mewycg 2011/09/01 09:11:11
    mewycg
    +1
    Lolz, Why oh why Sodahead?
  • nonnonsenseguy 2011/09/01 06:06:38
    nonnonsenseguy
    +3
    Conservatives far outnumber extreme leftist liberals and statists. That is why.
  • Bastion nonnons... 2011/09/01 14:29:22
  • nonnons... Bastion 2011/09/02 05:38:45
    nonnonsenseguy
    +1
    Fabricated childish crap gee thanks. The truth hurts doesn't it?
  • Bastion nonnons... 2011/09/02 09:28:16
    Bastion
    +1
    It's funny how purveyers of propaganda often use the phrase "the truth hurts doesn't it" . . . . must be something subconscious
  • nonnons... Bastion 2011/09/03 04:29:16
    nonnonsenseguy
    +1
    I wouldn't know because the democrat left, unions, and the white house are the largest purvetors of propaganda in the world. Obama's policies are why the economy sucks and he is trying to blame the tear party, corporate jets, and rebuplicans, which is laughable beacause democrats held all 3 branches of government when Obozo took office. Nice try but you are wrong.
  • Bastion nonnons... 2011/09/03 12:49:14
    Bastion
    +1
    That's great! Thanks!
  • Doc Bastion 2011/09/02 18:12:45 (edited)
    Doc
    +1
    Okay, this I like! Even though the first part is wrong.
  • Smitten... nonnons... 2011/09/02 20:00:11
  • nonnons... Smitten... 2011/09/03 04:31:02
    nonnonsenseguy
    +1
    Don't care. I am right.
  • Smitten... nonnons... 2011/09/03 07:27:34
  • nonnonsenseguy 2011/09/01 05:54:58
    nonnonsenseguy
    +1
    I felt or suspected that sodahead was biased toward liberals when Bush was still in office. Perhaps a few sodahaed people have converted to conservatism which to me is a very good thing.
  • sweetgreatmom 2011/09/01 05:43:00
    sweetgreatmom
    +8
    I feel the same way. I get flack for my opinions, since they don't agree with conservatives and the tea party. I really don't give a rat's ass what they think of my opinions. I will continue to speak my opinion. I will not be quiet and let the loud mouths take over.
  • nonnons... sweetgr... 2011/09/01 05:56:17
    nonnonsenseguy
    +2
    Loudmouths like Maxine Waters?
  • nonnons... nonnons... 2011/09/01 05:56:49
    nonnonsenseguy
    +1
    Sorry I could not resist.
  • sweetgr... nonnons... 2011/09/18 18:53:39
    sweetgreatmom
    +1
    No, John Boehner and Eric Cantor.
  • Smitten... sweetgr... 2011/09/02 20:03:36
  • Myrle Hulme 2011/09/01 05:41:54
    Myrle Hulme
    +1
    You tell me
  • Smitten... Myrle H... 2011/09/02 20:05:05
  • Myrle H... Smitten... 2011/09/08 10:35:45
    Myrle Hulme
    +1
    Let me know if you do
  • Smitten... Myrle H... 2011/09/08 16:08:21
  • Myrle H... Smitten... 2011/09/09 11:31:29
    Myrle Hulme
    +1
    You right they can delete things on SH
  • Mr. Basket 2011/09/01 05:18:07
    Mr. Basket
    +1
    Quit trying to provoke thinking! Look at the poll about the 1690 calorie sandwich!
  • Smitten... Mr. Basket 2011/09/02 20:10:49
  • Q 2011/09/01 05:09:44
    Q
    +3
    It does seem like they have their chubby thumbs on the scales like a dishonest butcher.

2014/08/30 14:34:53