SodaHead needs to enable a Thumbs Down to responses too

Avi Rosen 2012/11/22 12:08:23
Related Topics: SodaHead
When people put in their opinions you should be able to vote Thumbs up or vote Thumbs down and it will need to subtract the total quality figure next to the opinion put.

• No One 2012/11/25 00:23:33
    No One
    I want to be able to thumbs down really bad answers or ones that I really don't like but then again I don't want to be down raved myself so I can see both sides to this issue.
  • Avi Rosen No One 2014/06/28 16:26:52
    Avi Rosen
    There is no good without bad, there must be a balance in the world and to bring balance I believe we need a vote down too Like you people may vote down my posts too, so be it, I can live with that people's opinions may differ from mine but I still respect their opinions too - Like the Yin & Yang Yin Yang
  • LayLady 2012/11/25 00:19:53
    I Totally Disagree
    LayLady
    I don't think we're ready for that yet
  • Charles E 2012/11/24 17:32:50
    I Totally Agree
    Charles E
    There are some comments that a re so toally out of line that there should be an option other than ignoring them.
  • Bacci 2012/11/24 01:46:22
    I Totally Disagree
    Bacci
    People are already so abusive to others here, I could only imagine how abusive people would be with that function.
  • Swan Eshdeh 2012/11/23 21:35:28
    I Totally Disagree
    Swan Eshdeh
    i don't like this idea .glad they removed it
  • L1 2012/11/23 16:03:23
    L1
    I wasn't here when they had that option, but I've been other sites that did, and it was abused. People of cliques would gang up on others they didn't like to down flag everything they did and it got way out of hand beyond the typical cyber net flames wars.

Besides, people that really don't like the other poster's opinion always can post in response to that post.
  • Jim in SC 2012/11/23 05:39:30
    Jim in SC
    +1
    Something like that would be good. Also, an option to undo an accidental click would be nice.
  • Avi Rosen Jim in SC 2012/11/23 11:49:33
    Avi Rosen
    +1
    Absolutely agree with you!
  • Feria~THEZombieSlayingB!tch... 2012/11/23 04:35:02
    I Totally Disagree
    Feria~THEZombieSlayingB!tch of PHAET!~Badass Incarnate~
    People abused it, telling all their friends to go thumbs down a comment. That was a while ago.

With how people are on her now, it'll NEVER happen again.
  • Avi Rosen Feria~T... 2012/11/23 11:52:20
    Avi Rosen
    people can still abuse and tell their friends to vote up so their opinion gets top rating although it may not reflect the majority opinion.
    As is happening here analyzing current results...
  • Feria~T... Avi Rosen 2012/11/24 04:07:36
    Exactly. I think they should do away with the 'top opinion' and if you rave someone, the raves are not shown on the question.
  • Tattoo Nana 2012/11/23 03:10:05
    Tattoo Nana
    I'm not sure. I usually will leave a comment when I disagree, which I believe is good because it explains why I don't agree. The thumbs down option wouldn't keep the conversation going as well. I personally have changed my opinions simply from reading something others wrote.
  • Queen B 2012/11/23 02:58:28
    I Totally Agree
    Queen B
    That used to be an option years ago, but they got rid of it.
  • Guru_T_Firefly 2012/11/23 01:06:45
    I Totally Agree
    Guru_T_Firefly
    I agree, but it'll never happen.
  • WolfPatronusTeamPeeta&Dean 2012/11/23 00:55:12
    I Totally Agree
    WolfPatronusTeamPeeta&Dean
    +1
    Some comments are inappropro! shocked face emoticon
  • Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow 2012/11/23 00:08:23
    I Totally Agree
    Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow
    they used to have one in the older version, but they turned it into a report abuse flag
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/11/22 21:00:29
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    They should have an up and down button, with the score for each displayed, not them added. Then you can see if viewpoints are polarised or just apathetic.
  • Kozmo 2012/11/22 19:49:48
    I Totally Agree
    Kozmo
    I've posed a question on that and know that it was done before but it was left too open for abuse and was pulled. Let me propose a 'limited disclosure' version.

1) For someone to RECEIVE nays, they first must give permission to SH to enable such. This is to protect (some) folks who are rather sensitive to criticism (or too conceited to hear any). They can also have it disabled quickly .
    This could be done by question &/or person, maybe a notice saying the recipient isn't accepting 'Nays. Much like you see a warning at the top of some questions that states the writer is not receiving (unspecified for discretion) correspondence. Maybe an isentifiable (like flag & link are) in the dialogue box

2) The 'Nays are kept PRIVATE unless the recipient wishes to make such public, I can see reasons either way. There could be some folk who would get a kick out of saying they received such from a particular question.

3) the source of the 'Nays are NEVER disclosed as this could be abused. It's well know in psychology that the role of victim & victimizer can switch rapidly.

YouTube has thumbs up/down from the start so there may be some SH members manipulating something within so more work may be need to prevent 'contagions' of cyber-bullying occurring. More debate policing would ...

YouTube has thumbs up/down from the start so there may be some SH members manipulating something within so more work may be need to prevent 'contagions' of cyber-bullying occurring. More debate policing would also be be welcome. Sick of seeing two vertical feet of screen space being taken up by childish 'tennis matches' of "You're Stupid, I'm Right" going on.

Thank you for your time
  • Avi Rosen Kozmo 2012/11/23 13:06:13
    Avi Rosen
    +1
    Settled, included the ability to correct misvotes, a flinched wrong vote.
  • MidnightCowboy 2012/11/22 19:37:31
    I Totally Disagree
    MidnightCowboy
    +1
    There will be certain cliques who will gang up on someone just because they disagree with an opinion having the sole intent to embarrass that person with a Thumbs Down.
  • Avi Rosen Midnigh... 2012/11/23 13:07:52
    Avi Rosen
    +1
    As there are cliques that gang up to artificially vote something up.
  • Debs 2012/11/22 18:27:27
    I Totally Disagree
    Debs
    NO...It will most certainly become a malicious playground!!.......Leave it as it is..that if you do disagree ,just say and explain your difference of opinion..and have a healthy debate..where and when possible :)
    just make a visual of it I do like this disagree
  • Jeff Smith 2012/11/22 16:11:57
    I Totally Disagree
    Jeff Smith
    Nope that's counter productive and too simple it's much more fun to disagree and voice your opinion as such
  • yaaarrrggghhh 2012/11/22 16:11:23
    I Totally Disagree
    yaaarrrggghhh
    I think it would reduce the amount of discourse. When you disagree, you should have to at least say why.
  • Mecynogea 2012/11/22 16:08:55
    Mecynogea
    +2
    There used to be a downrave option.
  • Karen E 2012/11/22 16:04:48
    I Totally Disagree
    Karen E
    too much chance for abuse. the red flag is the alternative........they had it on yahoo buzz, well buzz was discontinued.......and every time sh tinkers it screws up for at least days...........
  • Kozmo Karen E 2012/11/22 20:00:06
    Kozmo
    I've put some suggestions (up to the recipient to disclose & the source can't be named) to protect the sensitive (or don't want to hear any) a few boxes above.

Find it better strategy to start with restriction 1st and let off slowly, when signs of trouble or distress is reported, fall back to original settings
    rather than have a WIDE OPEN system and procrastinate until it gets bloody and then slam it shut.

[digression, optional to read]
    This is why we have a problem with drivers with cell phones, it was allowed to go on for so long ('driving without due care' already in the books, why not use that?) that folks think they had a(n assumed) right taken away and now some are using them under the dash which is causing more accidents.
    I Totally Disagree
    +2
    We had that some time ago and it was really useless - It was abused constantly. If it was brought back, it would be again.

If one objects to a comment or poll , then comment or ignore -- if it is abuse, report it.
  • Dave0626 2012/11/22 15:36:35
    Dave0626
    +1
    The main reason for only having the 'thumbs up' is to present the illusion that all is right and A-OK in the world.
    Whereas, if they had a 'thumbs down' alongside it, the balance of a truer reality is presented. Even if it may be abused, which of course it will be, because the reality is: there are far more 'disturbed' people in society than authority is willing to admit too. Suppose there were only a 'thumbs down' and no 'thumbs up'. The reason that is not so, is because it would present a negativity that would be counter conducive to the sites life span.
    Thus, we have the Orwellian construct of 'everyone's happy' with only having the 'thumbs up'. So join me in a lil song here...

• yaaarrr... Dave0626 2012/11/22 16:12:43
    yaaarrrggghhh
    +3
    That's not Bob Marly. I have to give you a thumbs down here. LOL
  • Dave0626 yaaarrr... 2012/11/22 17:21:44
    Dave0626
    HAHA...I really don't care...Have a Happy Turkey Day! :)
  • yaaarrr... Dave0626 2012/11/22 17:46:30
    yaaarrrggghhh
    +3
    Lol, Happy Thanksgiving to you too! You know I was just picking, right?
  • Dave0626 yaaarrr... 2012/11/22 19:29:44
    Dave0626
    +2
    Yep, lol.
  • Kozmo Dave0626 2012/11/22 20:14:11
    Kozmo
    +2
    That's Bobby McFerrin, try this for size

• yaaarrr... Kozmo 2012/11/22 20:39:06
    yaaarrrggghhh
    +3
    That was the bomb. I can't believe I never heard it before now. National Lampoon was one of my favorites.
  • Dave0626 Kozmo 2012/11/24 03:27:07
    Dave0626
    +1
    HAHAHHA...funny!
  • srini 2012/11/22 15:34:07
    I Totally Agree
    srini
    +1
    Crore percent on the nail!
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/11/22 15:20:49
    I Totally Agree
    Artist~PWCM~
    +6
    When I came on in '08 there was a thumbs down option. It couldn't used more than maybe 9 times a day then you would get note saying you'd met your quota, lol! Anyway it lasted about a year and a half after that then went to the red flag thingy where you can select the type of abuse you think the post/reply represents.

Kinda miss the thumbs down option...really let you know how many people didn't like your comment over the thumbs up. 18 TU and 1TD and then everyone knew there was one idiot, lol!

2014/07/30 17:16:56