So who killed Da Cypher?

illseed 2009/10/28 02:49:26

• king.jok3r 2011/05/07 23:24:33
    Black Thought
    king.jok3r
    I think many people are overrating rappers. Black Thought killed it.
  • MISSDC 2009/11/15 21:34:11
    Nicki Minaj
    MISSDC
    TO BE HONEST WITH YOU, I FEEL LIKE JOE AND EMINEM WAS THE BEST. AS A FEMALE EMCEEM I SALUTE NICKI CUZ SHE MADE IT AND ITS HARD ENOUGH FOR FEMALES TO MAKE IT IN THE INDUSTRY, SO YA SHE DID HER THING BUT I LIKED HER ALOT MORE BEFORE SHE WAS WITH YOUNG MONEY BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE SHE WAS HERSELF AND NOW TO ME YOU CAN HEAR TOO MUCH OF LIL WAYNE IN HER RHYMES NOW. LIKE SOMEONE SAID VERY REHEARSED! WALE REPS MY CITY BUT NO ONE HERE IS REALLY SUPPORTIVE OF HIM BECAUSE HE DOESN'T REP THE DMV RIGHT!!! HE HAS NO PRESENCE, NO PERSONALITY, AND HE SHOUTS OUT DC LIKE HE'S FROM DC WHEN HE IS NOT AND HE DEFINITELY ACTS AS IF WE NEED TO KISS HIS ASS CUZ HE SO CALLED PUT DC ON THE MAP, WHEN TO ME, HE'S WACK, SO I DIDN'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO HIM WHEN IT CAME TO THE CYPHER, SORRY TO SAY BECAUSE I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SUPPORT HIM, BUT WALE I AIN'T CAN REALLY GET DOWN WIT YOU.
  • shes ah baddie 2009/11/11 04:49:23
    Nicki Minaj
    shes ah baddie
    umm look fukkn here, nicki minaj fukkn murderd all the male rappers and like she was the ONLY female rapper up there so show her RESPECT. its like people have negativity because they have nothing better to do and she will always be the best female rapper in my eyes to ever live and im not a fukkn 14 year old. stop hating on the badd bitchhh and STEP YA DICKS AND PUSSIES UP bitch !
  • sexibrownskin1 2009/11/07 00:50:18
    Nicki Minaj
    sexibrownskin1
    of course nicki did thats why all u people took your time out to bash her STOP hate'n and let her do her HATERZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • scazzas 2009/11/07 00:39:39
    Black Thought
    scazzas
    +1
    Why the fuck did that Nikki girl get %10...this is a freakn joke, are these all like 14 yr olds voting or some shit. That girl had the worst lines Ive ever heard and she looked like a moron doing it lol
  • Gilead7 2009/11/06 08:46:40
    Joe Budden
    Gilead7
    First of all...

Respect to Eminem, Thought, Mos and KRS.

But for me...I would have to say that Budden was the standout. Eminem, while spectacular (and I mean spectacular to the point that I rewound this several times), didn't drop the bombs that Budden did. To be technical, as Em was doing, is one thing, but to be contextual is another. Budden has a legend (Buckshot) and new comers (Nicki Minaj and Crown Royal) in his presence. He refers to them both in his verse, calling attention to both of their particular categories in hip-hop (not them personally), but separates himself from them by saying how both categories are lacking (the new MCs ain't coming with shit, and the old ones are spitting blanks and need to retire). I think Minaj and Crown Royal felt the implications. In my reading of the situation, I saw it over their faces. Eminem just did what he does. Any statement made about anything was largely fictional. With that being said, he killed the shit out of that verse (The Osama, Dahmer, Obama and Dali Lama line was great in terms of technique and placement within today's present culture). BUT, for me and where I am now, Budden dropped bombs that shake the very foundation of commercial hip-hop as it presently is. The others stayed within the dialect of hip-hop culture, whil...

First of all...

But for me...I would have to say that Budden was the standout. Eminem, while spectacular (and I mean spectacular to the point that I rewound this several times), didn't drop the bombs that Budden did. To be technical, as Em was doing, is one thing, but to be contextual is another. Budden has a legend (Buckshot) and new comers (Nicki Minaj and Crown Royal) in his presence. He refers to them both in his verse, calling attention to both of their particular categories in hip-hop (not them personally), but separates himself from them by saying how both categories are lacking (the new MCs ain't coming with shit, and the old ones are spitting blanks and need to retire). I think Minaj and Crown Royal felt the implications. In my reading of the situation, I saw it over their faces. Eminem just did what he does. Any statement made about anything was largely fictional. With that being said, he killed the shit out of that verse (The Osama, Dahmer, Obama and Dali Lama line was great in terms of technique and placement within today's present culture). BUT, for me and where I am now, Budden dropped bombs that shake the very foundation of commercial hip-hop as it presently is. The others stayed within the dialect of hip-hop culture, while Budden steps outside of it and critiques it. In this particular verse, he treats hip-hop as a machine, and as if he's reading a schematic about how it operates, rather than operating it himself. Classic performance.

Gilead7

www.myspace.com/gilead7

www.tslos.com

ADVENT: A Modern Bible Mixtape, out NOW www.tslos.com

great day.
  • imperiaL.boogi 2009/10/29 19:06:51
    Joe Budden
    imperiaL.boogi
    Em was Em 2 me. Joe Budden was a verbal assassin 2 thumbs up. Black thought was the shit, Mos Def killed it. Nicki Minaj was rehearsed, I can't stand listening 2 this broad rap. Nipsey did his thang. Every1 else was soso!
  • Voltron 2009/10/29 18:06:29
    Eminem
    Voltron
    Mos Def can flow with the best of them, but anyone can flow over a standard beat. Em takes internal rhyming and combines it with unbelievable verbal syncopation to create a flow that is very much his own, and not like anything I have ever heard, at least.
  • kev$ 2009/10/29 02:58:38
    Eminem
    kev$
    I want to start off by saying i am a big Eminem fan!!! But i think Budden had the best verse!!! Then I realized that Eminem is not competing with anyone but him self!!!! If Mc's like Nas and Jay-z were there you best believe Eminem would have came alot harder than the already hot verse he spit!!! I think people are so used to this guy hopping on peoples songs and killing them (ala jay-z) that nothing he does would ever be good enough !!!!
  • Naptown ta1 2009/10/29 01:49:46
    Joe Budden
    Naptown ta1
    How was Joe Budden talking about PLEASE some1 tell that. He killed it
  • kza 2009/10/29 00:32:56
    Joe Budden
    kza
    joe killed it!
  • BMNoCeilings 2009/10/29 00:24:46
    Eminem
    BMNoCeilings
    Eminem was insane. He went in and he went hard. I was impressed that Wale didn't kill it. But Nicki & Budden spit fire no doubt
  • Greazy954 2009/10/28 23:45:25
    Joe Budden
    Greazy954
    Joey went crazy, Em was ok buck did his thing, nicki held her own, krs-one was being the teacher respect that
  • KdubB 2009/10/28 23:44:39
    Eminem
    KdubB
    em, black, and mos def. Need I say more. they saved the best for last.
  • jdg777 2009/10/28 23:26:30
    Black Thought
    jdg777
    black thought was dope
  • CAPT CRUNK 2009/10/28 21:22:54
    Eminem
    CAPT CRUNK
    NOONE WAS CLOSE TO EM. JOEY CAME PRERAP MEDITATED. NIKI MANAJ IS HORRIBLE WITH HERS. I CANT STAND THAT BITCH. BLACK THOUGHT/MOS DEF ARE NICE... I WAS DISSAPOINTED IN BUCKSHOT.. NIPSEY WAS NERVOUS..... GSAN BLAH... WALE IS SO FUCKIN WACK...NO PRESENCE AT ALL...KRS DID KRS....
  • NWK 2009/10/28 20:42:54
    Black Thought
    NWK
    Joe Ripped it... but Black thought came with FIRE and people thought the Roots fell off signin with Jimmy.

But " Asphalt to the Cement your trash talk is deleted."
  • rottnkid 2009/10/28 16:13:24
    Black Thought
    rottnkid
    [-] by keith johnson posted 6 hours ago (edited)

Answered Joe Budden
    I NEVER HEARED THIS CAT BLACK THOUGHT BEFORE BUT HE KILLED IT.

The Roots man, The Roots. Get your mind right.
  • Live 2009/10/28 14:58:42
    Joe Budden
    Live
    Budden allday! Em shit was fire too tho!
  • keith johnson 2009/10/28 09:22:51 (edited)
    Joe Budden
    keith johnson
    I NEVER HEARED THIS CAT BLACK THOUGHT BEFORE BUT HE KILLED IT. BIG UPS TO JOE AND KRS. EM MURDERED IT. WAY TO FOR THE MIDWEST EM. ITS TIME FOR THE MIDWEST TO REP. DAYTON, OHIO STAND UP. OHIO STAND UP. TOMMT OWENS OWENS ENTERTAINMENT.
    wow how can u never have heard of black thought!!!!! and judgeing cyphers wow joe was the best, then black thought then em period.Are yall serious saying that Eminem had the best verse? Yall let the crowd hype yall.

EMINEM

Like a dope fiend opening up a bottle of dopamine
    Your just hoping it don't give rope for your throat to choke anything
    Oh and just think how dope he could be if he smoked anything
    Oh there goes the bell, the sound of the opening Ding
    I hit you as hard as barbituates
    In the ribs with a switch and stitch you at the same time before you can flinch to it
    My dick is so big, If I add another inch to it
    You would swear when I raped you, that you was actually into it
    I'm not a baller, but you can bet your **** bottom dollar
    That I can remember when I wasn't with a dollar bill in my wallet
    Now watch me kill a Koala while I mual a chihuahua
    Bum a pill off of Paula, Like let me holla at you momma
    It's like I'm off the Baba when I bring the **** drama
    Used to bomb ya like saddam but now that I'm a little calmer
    I'm a **** cross b...

EMINEM

I hit you as hard as barbituates
    I'm a **** cross between Osama, Dahmer, Obama and Dalai Lama
    So molly I'm a night in shining armor
    (I couldn't decipher the last two lines)

BLACK THOUGHT

Remix
    Rising up outta the flames like a Pheonix
    Straining to carry the weight of my brain like a genius
    Knowing I'm sowing seeds, let's see who's thumb is the greenest
    If I said it I mean it, and did it because I need it
    Eat, sleep it and beat it, Write it down and then read it
    Asphalt to the cement, your trash talk is deleted
    Blast off, I lay em out like a tempur-pedic
    Black Thought, I told you I'm a winner eventually this
    Unsung, Underrated, Underappreciated
    The one, them under-acheivers had under-estimated
    Finally graduated from something that's so hated
    To one of the most sacred, Nobody gonna take it, face it
    I keep doing it well
    Doing it sans assistance, it's do it yourself
    Doing it below the radar, We doing it stealth
    Doing it again for Illadelph, and who else
    You see I'm on the job, see my eyes focused where the prize be
    I'm like Martin luther king, you like Rodney
    The difference is, I give it everything inside me
    Dear Diary, my fans still swear by me
    Even though I'm late night now, Like "here's Johnny"
    Swimming with them great whites now, that's how to find me
    Funny how it break right down, but nevermind me
    I'm forever grimey
    Guess it's just philly signin
    Roc rolla, Bi Polar like Phylis Hyman
  • OWENS ENTERTAINMENT 2009/10/28 05:19:14
    Joe Budden
    OWENS ENTERTAINMENT
  • JSTLIN 2009/10/28 04:24:05
    Black Thought
    JSTLIN
    Em did the fool, and blackthought spit! Nothin' new from Em, we knew he'd kill it, but Black Thought put it 2gether flawless. Shout out 2 Nikki, KRS, and Joe. Wut up Wale. STLIN. (pronounced SIN). HOLLA!!!! STL
  • lisa m 2009/10/28 04:05:06
    Eminem
    lisa m
    Em killed it, but my girl Nicki did her fukin thing.....
  • AdrianC,Perez 2009/10/28 03:42:16
    Eminem
    AdrianC,Perez
    Em' Brought Back That Fire That we All Know And Love But It's A tough One To Call Either Way Hip Hop Stand Up.
  • Buckshot
    ○Cαм-тнє-Cнαмєlєση○
    buckshot ....
  • annalei 2009/10/28 02:51:52
    Nicki Minaj
    annalei
    um who

2014/09/03 00:08:41