SINGLE-SEX INSTITUTIONS VS. COED SCHOOLS. DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

Batonga 2007/11/06 15:36:43
YES, THERE ARE FEWER DISTRACTIONS IN A SINGLE SEX SCHOOL.
NO, COED SCHOOLS TEACH YOU HOW TO INTERACT WITH EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF GENDER.
OTHER (PLEASE COMMENT)

• AdooniHernandese 2010/09/19 14:04:03
    AdooniHernandese
    :) i vote for CoEd.:P:p:P
  • cascade kitten 2009/10/06 21:50:12
    cascade kitten
    Single sex schools really work. Especially at the jr. high/high school age. In the states, girls are so worried about boys and actually try to be "dumb" by not speaking up, not stating answers, etc.. There is this stereotype that smart girls are intimidating--and unfortunately, in co-ed schools there is more emphasis on clothes and boyfriends than on getting the best education possible.
  • lucy 2009/04/30 19:35:52
    OTHER (PLEASE COMMENT)
    lucy
    I think it depends on the person though I personally think its better to go to a coed school.
  • Peyoteboy 2008/11/18 06:09:02
  • Gelisa 2008/06/08 20:02:36
    Gelisa
    +1
    you are eventually going to go out into a coed world so why not get interaction practice in while you're in school??? school is there to prepare you for the skills you will need for the real world and interacting with members of the opposte gender is part of that.
  • moses 2008/05/29 16:13:21
    OTHER (PLEASE COMMENT)
    moses
    coed schools are better!!!!!!!!!!!! so stick that in a juicebox and SUCK IT!!!
  • SpasticFruit 2008/03/11 22:14:30
    OTHER (PLEASE COMMENT)
    SpasticFruit
    I'd have to vote for both. Because personally, I wouldn't like to go to a single sex school. But that doesn't matter. There ARE less distractions, but there are distractions nonetheless. And interactions? Even though school takes up MOST of our lives, it's not like that's the only way we interact the other sex, we HAVE social lives. Also it depends on the person *shrug* . They're similar but different in ways, it's hard to explain. ;D
  • isoia 2008/01/27 23:48:55
    isoia
    The only way to learn how to live with people is to be with them, especially at an early age. co-ed schools please.
  • jt 2008/01/17 21:53:53
    jt
    i believe in educations for everyone of both genders, the reality depends on where you live. culture and equality in the schools and support from the surrounding community and families of the pupils. if a female can get equal footing in a dual gender school, i am all for it. i do think coed interaction is important to socializing later on but for now giving the female tools from the start with education will, help her to deal in a world that males manly run. so yes if she can get a fair shake in learning, to do it with our males in the class is great education in it self. if she cant get equality solo gender learning will have to become the survival tool for a gender that is too easily abused.
  • roxy 2007/12/11 01:02:35
    roxy
    single-sex institutions provide more benefits such as allowing more interaction
  • just_me82 2007/12/08 00:46:45
    just_me82
    good luck with the batonga school!
  • lovesounds777 2007/11/29 19:11:23
    lovesounds777
    I am for co-ed schools as far as resources are sufficient to have no more than 25 children in on classroom. If that's not possible then single sex classes would be better because otherwise uncontrollable situations may arise too often. but a good start in a functional coed school is of big help when the class has to admit too many students some time later.
  • gabi 2007/11/21 02:26:34
    OTHER (PLEASE COMMENT)
    gabi
    i think that each has its own disstractions.in single sex school the girls are chatterboxing with other girls and boy are chatterboxes with other boys.in coded schools it is the same!
  • Dotty 2007/11/19 18:01:40
    Dotty
    i go to a coed private school but live in an all girls dormitory. when i go to school, i find it very comfortable to be around males and females because when i go out into the world
  • stevo 2007/11/18 08:11:02
    OTHER (PLEASE COMMENT)
    stevo
    There are no one size fit's all answers. To this (where either may be true for SOME individuals) the answer for MOST may be a combination of the two: a cirriculum that would divide time to accomodate both gender integration and segregation.
  • pjwrvd 2007/11/13 21:25:49
    pjwrvd
    It would depend on the poll status to see if kids in these schools are getting the education they needed. if certain areas are poor, then those parts would be the ones that should be worked on.
  • Kimberly 2007/11/10 00:57:27
    Kimberly
    I went to public schools and enjoyed the diversity. I live in the United States, so I don't know what the dynamics are like for those girls in Africa. I hope that they are able to learn and grow in whatever situation they are in.
  • Michelle 2007/11/09 14:06:52
    Michelle
    Single sex schools provide less distractions and does not harm your social skills. There is plenty of time to socialize after school but one's education should come first.
  • Kellie 2007/11/09 06:20:43
    Kellie
    In areas where girls are considered 2nd class, I think girls will be more confident and have higher self-esteem in a strong, supportive female environment. In a co-ed school, the girls may be exposed to more negativity from the boys.
  • wolfling 2007/11/07 20:02:36
    OTHER (PLEASE COMMENT)
    wolfling
    I never went to a single sex school, so I don't know, both statements may be true... All I can say is, the presence of both sexes in the coed schools I went to were not the main distraction. But that may be different elsewhere?
  • Liz 2007/11/07 18:45:50 (edited)
    Liz
    I went to an all girls high school and I loved every minute of it! I am currently in college and I feel as if going to an all girls school prepared me better in my studies because I am doing extremly well here.
  • NaraVogel 2007/11/07 17:37:54
    NaraVogel
    I've had friends who went to all girl schools. They are more trouble makers that myfriends who went to the crappiest high schools in the area.
  • jaronsound 2007/11/07 17:15:30
  • honestmonkey 2007/11/07 17:04:53
    OTHER (PLEASE COMMENT)
    honestmonkey
    I believe it is important to teach tolerance to all, not only to
    the opposite gender, but to individuals who may be physically and/or
    mentally challenged. Within the school however, I believe that some
    students would benefit from smaller or same gender classes.
  • picia 2007/11/07 12:01:06
    picia
    Great!
  • Melfee 2007/11/06 21:18:52
    Melfee
    I went to a coed school, and found it alot easier to talk to all sexes, and races with out seeing what they are

2014/12/18 19:30:42