Should we stop sending are men and women over seas?

bloodrose19 2009/02/17 21:05:59
yes
not sure
No anwer

• LeetleGiant 2009/02/17 21:18:08
    not sure
    LeetleGiant
    +2
    Our soldiers are for our defense. If congress declares a justified & justifiable war, then our soldiers go where ever it's necessary to win that war. Our president shouldn't be sending our soldiers in to attack any country without a declaration of war by the congress ( as laid out constitutionally and in subsequent documents )

I'm not for sending our soldiers into harms way for POLITICAL / SPUN reasons.

• wedase 2009/02/18 03:11:57
    yes
    wedase
    Unless our government can give us as a nation viable reasons for being over there in the first place.
  • Dagon 2009/02/17 21:18:26
  • wedase Dagon 2009/02/18 03:19:24
    wedase
    I agree with you on some of your points but why has our country been tasked to be the world policemen? Our country is like it is becuz we've all worked damned hard to have what we want. I have plenty of family over there and being shifted countless times, but what of the one's who don't get to come home again becuz of a few foolish people who are stupid enough to strap something on themselves to blow up women and babies. I say bring them home and let some of the fat European countries be the popo for awhile.
  • Dagon wedase 2009/02/24 04:22:57
  • LeetleGiant 2009/02/17 21:18:08
    not sure
    LeetleGiant
    +2

• Dagon LeetleG... 2009/02/24 04:26:04
  • LeetleG... Dagon 2009/02/24 14:56:08
    LeetleGiant
    +1
    Does the constitution support the prez sending any of our soldiers into "war" ? Does the constitution give the prez the power / authority to so order ?
  • Dagon LeetleG... 2009/02/28 19:19:16
  • LeetleG... Dagon 2009/02/28 21:14:46
    LeetleGiant
    Check it out ... the prez is only the "commander in chief" in time of war and "in time of war" is defined as existing only when Congress has declared it. When's the last time that history shows that Congress declared war on any nation or nations ?
  • Dagon LeetleG... 2009/03/01 06:59:31 (edited)
  • LeetleG... Dagon 2009/03/01 12:02:23
    LeetleGiant
    The assertion that if the prez was doing anything illegal, he'd be impeached is a falls assumption. Both presidents and congresss(people) have been doing illegal things for decades without punishment. Both parties have been woefully ignorant of the constitution, as are most americans. Due to the ignorance of the cintizenry, the politicians ( gov't ) get away with their illegal actions.

What does the constitution have to say in its definition of "commander in chief" ? How about declaration of war ?
  • Dagon LeetleG... 2009/03/02 19:34:04 (edited)
  • LeetleG... Dagon 2009/03/02 19:53:35
    LeetleGiant
    I've a 15 year old son whom I believe would make an awesome marine !! If ever I were to be proud of him in service in our military, it would be as a marine.

Considering the frequency with which our soldiers are put under the command of UN officers, I can no longer encourage my son to join the marines ( or any other military branch ) as I believe beyond any shadow of a doubt that 1) the UN is untrustworthy and 2) putting our officers under foreign command is unconstitutional.

If you were standing in front of me, I'd salute you without shame or hesitation for your service in the military, for your losses and sacrifices and your loyalty & dedication.

It is shameful how our military are being used and abused !!

It is shameful how they are no longer adequately trained in constitutional law and yet are sworn to defend it ... then further are placed under the command of men who answer to their own countries and who do not ( necessarily ) have the best interests of Americans and our soldiers at heart.

I've a friend who's served in the Canadian Military and he watched as his soldiers were deliberately sent into dirty situations, under defended, under supported and he's convinced that they were sent in to FAIL ... to DIE ... Resources were available to empower them to do their job but they were s...

''

'''''''

I've a friend who's served in the Canadian Military and he watched as his soldiers were deliberately sent into dirty situations, under defended, under supported and he's convinced that they were sent in to FAIL ... to DIE ... Resources were available to empower them to do their job but they were sent in by UN commanders, they were vulnerable and were crushed.

There are no winners in war, only survivors.

If our soldiers are going to be sent into battle, let it be exclusively in a legally declared war, let it be with them totally empowered to win, with clearly defined objectives and clearly definable point of victory. Wouldn't that be a novel experience for our soldiers, instead of having ignorant politicians, who know nothing about war and who've for the most part have neither sensitivity nor awareness of the casualties of war, let alone the strategies of war, telling our commanding officers how to win ... and ultimely resulting in far more losses / casualties / deaths than would happen if a real soldier was allowed to gitter dun !!

In closing, if I were president ( and I can't be ... I'm not a full natural born citizen ) I'd surround myself with experienced officers, we'd lay out a plan and I'd cut those commanders lose to do their job and say to hell with the politicians who try to steer otherwise. If I didn't have the liberty to do that without their interference, I'd never have the soldiers leave our shores !!
  • Dagon LeetleG... 2009/03/04 03:06:09
  • . 2009/02/17 21:09:20
    yes
    .
    especially given the fact funding for the care of the troops has been cut as well as no upgrades or even fixes to the present medical care facilities

2014/09/30 06:02:09