Should David Petraeus Testify Before Congress on the Benghazi Attack Despite His Resignation as CIA Director?

ABC News U.S. 2012/11/14 12:00:00
Former CIA Director David Petraeus has agreed to testify at a closed-door session of Congress to answer questions about September's terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya, but he will likely also be asked about new revelations that his alleged mistress Paula Broadwell is suspected of storing classified military material, at her home.

petraus

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/US/cia-director-petraeus-tes...

• abubincrazy 2012/11/14 22:01:17
    abubincrazy
    +11
    The Obama regime betrayed the American People AGAIN, and lied about it and covered it up.
    This is FAR WORSE than Watergate, as Americans DIED, just like Americans DIED as a result of Fast and Furious.
    The criminal acts of the Obama regime NEED to be exposed.
    They outed Petraeus' girlfriend, which was an open non-secret, to distract from their crimes, and keep him from talking.

• MLS 2012/11/18 04:24:06
    MLS
    Absolutely....this should be interesting!
  • Rockne1865 2012/11/16 23:38:15
    Rockne1865
    Four people died because the Republicans privatized guarding American embassies (one of the many things that should never be privatized) & then they cut the funding do I think that they knew this would someone killed so they could blame it on Obama? No look this is four people dead since Bush was President Republican missteps have killed thousands of Americans & others (all the deaths in Iraq were unnecessary) so four more deaths the Republicans are responsible for hell most of America knows that these people are a disaster in government, now the money they should have spent on protection they want to spend trying to pin this on Obama! I thought we sent a clear message to these A$$holes that we want Democratic policy's not Republican time to move on! It's sad that there is nothing the justice department can charge these Republicans with so now we have wait two years to get rid of these A$$clowns! Every American needs to call these clowns & tell them to move on! I hope we are not going to spend the next two years having to watch this Republican circus I for one can only take so much crazy!
  • wildbill 2012/11/16 22:43:46
    wildbill
    Yes, and HE DID.
  • EddyGee53 2012/11/16 20:09:02
    EddyGee53
    If making him testify brings to light the criminal and treasonous activity of this President then by all means force his testimony! Of course as he was attached to the CIA he is forbidden to reveal those actions still listed as classified so don't expect much in the way of truth or justice from this exercise in professional misdirection! I have yet to see ANY television or newspaper address the White Houses betrayal of our Ambassador and our Embassy staff let alone the horrible torture and murder of a fellow American, perhaps we are too far gone to care?
  • MLS EddyGee53 2012/11/18 04:29:06 (edited)
    MLS
    Just more death and corruption from barry and company....

http://www.imackgroup.com/mat...

repugnant
  • YourCompanionCube 2012/11/16 18:29:39
    YourCompanionCube
    He knows what happened. I hope he has the decency to say that the plan was to hand over the Ambassador so the libyans Could "trade" him for the sheik...But it went wrong when those TWO HEROIC Operatives who were DOING THEIR JOBS tried to stop it. They had held out calling for support and were denied support That would be me telling you to Get in a hole cause it's your job, Now I'm going to nail your coffin." As for Petraeus, The man is a HERO. Show him some respect for the Great accomplishments he has made and Don't put him up for the world to see his errors! Clinton didn't get this bad!
  • Elementer 2012/11/16 16:52:42
    Elementer
    "Even though this investigation has nothing to do with him, I'ma blame Obama anyway because I'm a dumbass." - Typical SodaHead User.
  • Jade 2012/11/16 16:30:57 (edited)
    Jade
    +1
    the American people were fooled by Obama on Libya and by and with the FBI. We should demand a new election on the grounds of no competence of Obama. He stated for 60 minutes American lives in Libya were not a political issue.I wonder if he thinks it is now. None of this adultery stuff is about that, it is the old switch and bait (don't look over there, look over here), yes we should demand a new election and an impeachment. Anyone who voted for him should realize by now, with all that he has failed to do, all the promises he broke and now this, that he is not suited to lead this country and that they were made fools of. Have some back bone people. Open your eyes, get pissed, but get pissed where it belongs!

By the way, I want to inform a lot of people who are unaware, Christopher Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya was horribly tortured before he died, something many do not know, as the press as tried very hard to cover it up, prob, at least I hope, out of respect for his family, since it involved rape. So belittling me and each other on here does not solve anything, and there are a lot of Americans that face real threats, we need to unite around the fallen, think about what Mr. Stevens went through and the other men who were there. Care about your fellow Americans. Its the patriotic thing to do.
  • MLS Jade 2012/11/18 04:35:16
    MLS

http://www.imackgroup.com/mat...

repugnant
  • ☆Hitler was a community org... 2012/11/16 16:06:49
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    just want to know who ordered the stand down...or rather I want him to admit that he ordered the stand down...we all do know it was a terroist attack, no matter what Patreaus has been blackmailed in to saying
  • Died 2012/11/16 15:18:58
  • MLS Died 2012/11/18 04:38:53
    MLS

http://www.imackgroup.com/mat...

repugnant
  • Larry 2012/11/16 13:18:35
    Larry
    +1
    he won't tell the truth anyway
  • jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2012/11/16 11:26:46
    jmc07806-PWCM-JLA
    I just hope it is honest and not a political move, the country or Congress does not deserve that.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/11/16 10:46:48
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    Of course he should, typical stupid question by ABC news. fjfjf
  • Marek 2012/11/16 08:20:26
    Marek
    +2
    It is his duty to testify. He has information about Benghazi fiasco and Congress needs to know what happened there.
  • mike j 2012/11/16 04:29:51
    mike j
    +1
    Yes Petraeus owes the American citizens his testimony . Just because you resign, quit , get fired or walk off from a criminal corporation does not exempt you from being called as a witness before the law. So, his employment status has nothing to do with his ability to testify in my opinion.
  • Nameless 2012/11/16 03:34:10
    Nameless
    +1
    Of course he should.
  • Edie 2012/11/16 03:13:47
    Edie
    +1
    Yes, not only should he testify however, he should tell the truth for a change from what we have received from the President down the chain.
  • Grizzled Alaskan 2012/11/16 02:48:11
    Grizzled Alaskan
    +1
    One has nothing to do with the other. He still has valuable information for the Benghazi attacks that can be answered by him.
  • kitkat42 2012/11/16 01:31:11
    kitkat42
    +1
    Why not? If he has info that is needed, by all means he should give it.
  • Akemi Mokoto 2012/11/16 00:12:10
    Akemi Mokoto
    +1
    Yes and even if he said no, legally he would have to anyway.
  • Chelsea 2012/11/15 23:24:59
    Chelsea
  • bill.fleming.77 2012/11/15 23:03:55
    bill.fleming.77
    Of course
  • Darnel 2012/11/15 21:42:22
    Darnel
    ????
    Why not?
  • Lanikai 2012/11/15 20:29:50 (edited)
    +1
    And he should tell the entire truth for a change. That would be a refreshing break from the lies, deceits and cover ups that the admin, the media and the rest have been engaged in.

Hey-Petraeus, HOW ABOUT HONOR YOUR OATH AND TELL THE TRUTH FOR A FRICKING CHANGE rather than towing the obamlie.

And I, for one, hope his wife has wrapped a rubber band around his nuts so that the pain is a constant reminder that his junk should stay in his drawers.
  • Tuna Lanikai 2012/11/15 20:45:02
    Tuna
    +1
    Witch Hillary has to go to a wine tasting in Napa Valley; how in the hell is her name staying out of this???
  • Lanikai Tuna 2012/11/15 20:53:12
    +1
    They are trying to keep her out of it so she doesn't wreck her alleged 2016 chance at the WH.

They are all lying, scum sucking pigs. I hope they all choke on their lies.
  • Tuna Lanikai 2012/11/15 20:58:03
    Tuna
    +2
    She would be responsible for defending our Embassy compound in Benghazi and reporting THAT to Obama. Obama probably told her to "handle it" and went back to sleep. If the RINOs had any nads, both of their heads would roll.
  • Lanikai Tuna 2012/11/15 21:09:08
    +1
    It seems to me that with the number of exec orders they have let this clown sign, the LARGE number of constitutional violations and the lies, lies, lies and excess spending on himself and his family, they have had plenty of room to get rid of him, and have ignored all of it.

They are once again going to run a dog and pony show for congress, do what they want and ignore little obies complicity in all of it.
  • Tuna Lanikai 2012/11/16 13:37:35
    Tuna
    +1
    New World Order . We better get started on a third major party pretty quickly.
  • Lanikai Tuna 2012/11/16 16:06:46
    +1
    Looks like Patreaus covered his and obies ass all the way in congress this morning. I guess it was too much to hope that he would man up and be honest.
  • Tuna Lanikai 2012/11/16 20:38:46
    Tuna
    +1
    And the damn republicans are sitting on their hands; damn don't they have any guts at all. Boehner is going to cave on the Fiscal Cliff stuff, you watch.
  • Lanikai Tuna 2012/11/16 21:30:01
    +1
    Tuna, I still think that Soros is behind most of this, he ha got the dirt on everyone of them, and uses it to keep them on the farm.
  • Tuna Lanikai 2012/11/16 21:36:00
    Tuna
    +1
    The progressives have been at this for over 100 years; they found their man to finish the job.
  • Tuna 2012/11/15 20:08:43
    Tuna
    +3
    Why is the hearing behind closed doors?? Are they gonna figure out how to LIE to us? You know that Democrats and RINOs alike voted to NOT have a full scale "Watergate" investigation; why did Republicans vote against it? lie democrats rinos alike voted scale watergate investigation republicans vote
  • Lanikai Tuna 2012/11/15 20:32:16
    +1
    With Feinstein and other DEMS suddenly wanting to pull back on the whole thing, I think they are being forced to give obie another pass.

I don't know who has all of the dirt on all of them that keeps them towing that line, but I wish a few of them would just get a presser going and SPILL THE BEANS on this corrupt, vile bit of rubbish.
  • Tuna Lanikai 2012/11/15 20:43:02 (edited)
    Tuna
    +2
    Feinstein was the head witch in 2009 going after Bush/Cheney for waterboarding, remember??? These progressives want to ruin our intelligence, cut our defense department, and open the door to the communists/Muslims.
  • Charge 2012/11/15 19:13:23
    Charge
    +1
    He knew he would have to.... of course.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/11/15 19:11:57
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    I think he should testify and hopefully let's get the facts straight. But no matter what he says, good or bad, the righties will still attack him. They want to blame all of this on the president so it really won't matter what he says. What they are forgetting is this man is a Republican, so they are eating their own.

2014/10/25 00:46:41