Robert Goulet

MisterD 2012/03/31 18:53:43

SLIDESHOW: Robert Goulet

6 of 6

So in Love

1. If ever I would leave you

If ever I would leave you

2. Soliloquy

Soliloquy

3. The impossible Dream

The impossible Dream

4. The Way We Were

The Way We Were

5. On a Clear Day

On a Clear Day

6. So in Love

So in Love

Robert Goulet
Yes, Mister D.. I had forgotten about him.
No, I have never heard of him before.
Goulet was a Broadway Star of the first magnitude; and, he's all but forgotten these days. The beautiful baritone voice was heard and idolized for years.
I've put some of his songs here for you to enjoy; but, I'm sure that there are many others that are favorites, so please post them for us to enjoy.

Thanks!

• Vera Goulet 2012/04/01 03:14:23
    Vera Goulet
    +3
    Well for me, at least whilst I am still alive he will never be forgotten.

Of course in time we will all be forgotten. How often do you think about (a random list) Steve McQueen, Ingrid Bergman, Churchill, Gandhi, Gary Grant, Lawrence Olivier, Caruso, etc. Robert often wrote about that, and he also wrote, “What is important it is how you live and what you contribute to life while you are alive”.

The blessing is that he left a legacy of timeless and beautiful recordings, film, TV and theatrical production footage. Judging by the letters and the email I keep receiving, also by the visits to his website, I am most pleased to see that so many young people all over the world are discovering him. His Facebook pages are loved by, oh so many, and I just launched Robert Goulet Greeting Cards @ RobertGouletGreetingCards.com with great response from his fans. … So his legacy continues and his music lives on.

• princess 2012/04/01 10:17:29
    princess
    +1
    A great voice and great person.
  • Vera Goulet 2012/04/01 03:14:23
    Vera Goulet
    +3

• MisterD Vera Go... 2012/04/01 11:51:07
    MisterD
    +2
    Thank you for coming to this poll and gracing it with your information. He was a fine man and singer, indeed. I treasure his voice.
  • Gooky 2012/03/31 23:15:09
    Gooky
    +1
    I'm sorry to say,that when i was younger,i didn't care for him.But a few years before he died,i started loving his beautiful voice and his tremendous sense of humor.
    I miss him.
  • MisterD Gooky 2012/03/31 23:36:27
    MisterD
    +1
    He was one of a kind, Gooky. Thanks for coming to the poll.
  • Gooky MisterD 2012/03/31 23:56:02
    Gooky
    +1
    You're welcome,MisterD...he surely was one of a kind...and gorgeous.
  • Vera Go... MisterD 2012/04/01 03:16:03
    Vera Goulet
    +2
    One of a kind, yes, he certainly was!!
  • Vera Go... Gooky 2012/04/01 03:15:21
    Vera Goulet
    +2
    Glad that you did eventually catch up with him.
  • Gooky Vera Go... 2012/04/01 11:01:40
    Gooky
    +2
    Whoa...that man was fine!
    ;-)
  • precious_jewel 2012/03/31 22:44:55
    precious_jewel
    +1
    Thank you, thank you! I had not thought of him in years! Gorgeous, velvety voice, so handsome to look at, the quintessential leading man!
  • MisterD preciou... 2012/03/31 23:38:06
    MisterD
    +1
    Thank you, precious. I always look forward to your input. I hope you watched 'the Way We Were' ... those were all pics of him and his beloved wife, Carol Lawrence. She was a huge Broadway star, also.
  • preciou... MisterD 2012/04/01 00:39:23
    precious_jewel
    +1
    Yes, I remember seeing them together on various Variety shows back in the day.
  • Vera Go... MisterD 2012/04/05 09:31:25
    Vera Goulet
    +2
    Actually Mr. D. if you are refering t the "The Way We Were" Video above, those are photos of my husband and me. The video was dedicated to us.
  • MisterD Vera Go... 2012/04/05 11:38:18
    MisterD
    +1
    ooppsss. Thank you for correcting me, Vera! A thousand pardons.

2014/12/20 08:03:26