Renesmee's Birth in the BD Film, Do you want to see it?

Luna Bloodlust 2010/10/04 05:50:06
Twilight Fans
Related Topics: Proposition
17 votes
68%
8 votes
32%
Good Evening from California Twilighters of Sodahead.

I have a proposition for you.
I am sure all of you know by now that Melissa Rosenburg, screenwriter for the Twilight Saga's films has openly announced that she is planning to keep the scene of Renesmee's birth pretty much exactly to the book.

Most of us fans would love the idea that our beloved saga is not fated to be so tarnished by a trashed rewrite in the films of course. However just a few moments ago I was talking with a fan on BellaandEdward.com forums about this and a curiosity was sparked in me. I have to wonder what is possessing Rosenburg to have the notion that fans would actually WANT to see such a sickening scene(Bella vomiting blood, Edward chewing her damn stomach open etc, it's completely disgusting!) so graphically.

So I want to know is in your opinions here, is the fact that Rosenburg wants to keep it very exact really a good thing or not? How interested are you in seeing Renesmee's birth in full detail and gore? Or is this one time it would actually be more preferred to have less detail? It can actually still be shown accurately without showing everything; I am all for accuracy as much as the next person but no thank you to seeing a girls stomach and uterus being eaten open! TMI much! Even in the book it was, in my opinion.

NOTE: whether or not you liked BD should not be a factor in this opinion; I know fans at my main hangout Twifans.com who love BD but still have no desire to see the birth graphically.
***

My answer is; I DO NOT want to see it happen exactly to the book. I am not a fan of BD and the sickening birth is one reason why, I hated it and do not understand how she desires to keep so graphic.

UPDATE 3/17/11: A while ago I came across an article by saga producer Wyck Godfry (which I also posted in this group) which revealed that the birth will be shown from Bella's barely conscious, hazy eyes. So there you have it.

You must be a member of the group Twilight Fans to vote on this poll.

• beutice 2012/08/14 01:21:53
    NO WAY! The birth is way too sickening and should not be shown so graphically
    beutice
    not every twilight fan likes blood :((
  • just richen 2011/12/22 06:10:09
    I am glad the birth is being shown exactly to the book
    just richen
    I really want to :)
  • zacoholic 2011/08/03 19:48:44
    zacoholic
    I'm glad it'll be a tad bit hazy through Bella's eyes, if it went into details, it might be too much
  • drowzie 2011/03/17 17:54:54
    drowzie
    yay
  • i<3conanthebarbarian 2011/01/01 21:38:40
    i<3conanthebarbarian
    the way u put it it is kind of nasty but i still wnt to see it.
  • Luna Bl... i<3cona... 2011/01/02 04:22:36
    Luna Bloodlust
    You mean the way Meyer put it, she wrote it not me.
  • i<3cona... Luna Bl... 2011/01/02 13:29:50
    i<3conanthebarbarian
    yea
  • jessibabe 2010/11/25 19:39:30
    jessibabe
    yes! i think scenes in the movie should be made as the book was.
    perfection should be portrayed...perfectly.
  • XXxxxDetonator Static Monst... 2010/11/21 01:10:57
    XXxxxDetonator Static MonsterxxxXX
    also dont wanna see them having sex
  • jessibabe XXxxxDe... 2010/11/25 19:40:27
    jessibabe
    well, in the book, it doesnt really say that they had sex. the whole scene was cut out in the book
  • Luna Bl... XXxxxDe... 2010/11/30 04:54:25
    Luna Bloodlust
    Oh the sex I totally want, naked Rob mmmmm
  • C-Patz01 Luna Bl... 2011/03/08 21:04:43
    C-Patz01
    +1
    I agree with you there. If I saw him naked I would 'Phwoar!" Kristen is glad I'M not there. There's no limit to what I do to him! ;D
  • Luna Bl... C-Patz01 2011/03/08 22:51:54
    Luna Bloodlust
    She's even more glad I am not there, I would show her no mercy if she got fresh with my man in front of me! *hiss*
  • LilMiss 2010/10/18 07:17:11
    LilMiss
    i am glad that she decided to do that because i want thwe movie to be real a possible and really close to the book because i really love the book. i like that she is doing that!.
  • DisguestedPart2Chapter3 =D 2010/10/16 04:02:19
    DisguestedPart2Chapter3 =D
    i like my movies to stick with the story as close as possable or else even if i like the story i wont c the ovie (yeah i know its weird and probally stupid but thats me so sue me if u dont like my opinion)
  • twilight fanatic 2010/10/10 20:55:40
    twilight fanatic
    I think it would be really cool to see things like that come to life...not neccessarily her stomach being ripped open, but all the stuff with Rosalie taking the baby and edward making sure bella will live...that's pertent to the story!!!
  • Luna Bl... twiligh... 2010/10/11 02:42:02
    Luna Bloodlust
    +1
    I agree those details are fine, just the gore is in question here.
  • twiligh... Luna Bl... 2010/10/11 20:22:47
    twilight fanatic
    yeah....I'm not sure about the goer...it really depends on how well they can all make it...
  • Mrs Pattinson 2010/10/07 19:58:37
    Mrs Pattinson
    OMG im so excited for BD!!!! xD
  • *Idontcausecommotions,IAMone* 2010/10/06 00:22:30
    *Idontcausecommotions,IAMone*
    I want the important stuff, but I don't want to see all the blood and mess! That would be nasty!!
  • Luna Bl... *Idontc... 2010/10/07 04:47:03
    Luna Bloodlust
    Exactly same here, I love accuracy but I do not need to see a girl's stomach being eaten open thank you bleh!
  • *Idontc... Luna Bl... 2010/10/09 00:46:08
    *Idontcausecommotions,IAMone*
    EEEWW! Yeah.
  • Luna Bloodlust 2010/10/05 23:32:04
    Luna Bloodlust
    Thank you all, wow it's even now.
  • valerie 2010/10/05 15:21:43
    valerie
    i think that somewat of the birth should be shown the throwing up blood isn't so bad but some of the other part is but like i said some of it should be shown and it would be nice if it would show the whole bella in black or watever and the family talking about her...
  • Undead Little Red 2010/10/05 02:55:19
    Undead Little Red
    +1
    I'd be happy if they left it in, its one of the few parts of the book i liked, I wouldnt have any problem seeing it in all its glory.
  • jeddo 2010/10/05 02:42:53
    jeddo
    i would not like it. neither would i like to see them making love.
  • ShamWOW!! 2010/10/05 00:52:52
    ShamWOW!!
    I would like it to stick as close to the book as possible witout having to show those graphic images, it shouldnt look like an episode of 1000 ways to die
  • Luna Bl... ShamWOW!! 2010/10/05 23:31:36
    Luna Bloodlust
    +1
    Yes exactly my thoughts :)
    I was not implying it should not be accurate just not quite so graphic.
  • ShamWOW!! Luna Bl... 2010/10/08 21:50:40
    ShamWOW!!
    Exactly (:
  • Meggies1104 2010/10/05 00:51:30
    Meggies1104
    Thought I am fine with that kind of stuff, and I just feel that the way it was described in the book that if things would get changed that it wouldn't be as good.
  • HerOwl'sHeart 2010/10/05 00:00:04
    HerOwl'sHeart
    “We’re working on it. And we’re working on it to be as intense as it is in the book,” screenwriter Rosenberg tells E! Online.

Rosenberg has long felt that the scene shouldn’t be sidelined for the movie. But the priority for her and Condon is the emotional intensity of it.

“I don’t think it’s about the amount of blood you show,” she says. “It’s on their faces. It’s all from Bella’s point of view when you’re seeing what’s going [on]. It should feel visceral. I think it’s going to be pretty intense.”

I just hope they get it right! I do trust them. :)
  • Luna Bl... HerOwl'... 2010/10/05 00:15:51
    Luna Bloodlust
    +1
    WRONG Rosenburg! The birth is written during Jacob's POV, it's the last part of it! XP
  • HerOwl'... Luna Bl... 2010/10/06 23:16:58
    HerOwl'sHeart
    oh, that's a good point. Though you do get Bella's thoughts about it when it switches to her POV.
    I can't wait! :)
  • Luna Bl... HerOwl'... 2010/10/07 04:47:49 (edited)
    Luna Bloodlust
    That's true Bella does recap it when it switches back to her; So I suppose the recap is what Rosenburg is going by which makes the most sense because overall the whole saga is Bella's story.
  • HerOwl'... Luna Bl... 2010/10/08 21:36:58
    HerOwl'sHeart
    well said. ^-^
  • Luna Bl... HerOwl'... 2010/10/09 19:18:18
    Luna Bloodlust
    I think however that the first half of BD; the wedding, honeymoon, and Jacob's POV should have been written in Edward's POV. We never get to see what is going through Edward's mind and the wedding was really HIS day, it was even themed around him! Reading it from the perspective of the girl who did not want to get married in the first place took away from it I think and didn't really make sense.

Plus what was going on with the pregnancy particularly when he heard the fetus for the first time, saw the baby and had to inject his venom into his love's heart and watch her become a monster; I want to know what was going through his mind in these moments. I do not understand giving Jacob spotlight over the leading man!
  • HerOwl'... Luna Bl... 2010/10/11 20:57:46
    HerOwl'sHeart
    Also what is going through his head when bella thinks/finds out she's pregnant, and his first sight and opinion of bella as a newborn vampire would be really good too. Oh Edward, let us see inside your head! lol
  • Luna Bl... HerOwl'... 2010/10/14 01:21:47
    Luna Bloodlust
    Exactly, I care more about Edward than Jacob and even Bella. I loved the MS draft slightly more than Twilight actually and Twilight is my favorite in the saga. I want it finished so bad.
  • C-Patz01 Luna Bl... 2011/03/08 21:15:48 (edited)
    C-Patz01
    I think Stepheine should publish Midnight Sun. I wanna read what's in Edward minds. I'm the same as you. I care about Edward way more Jacob. I don't give a toss about Bella. I admit from reading Breaking Dawn I have a soft spot for Renesmee. I mean she is just a kid! Renesmee is one of my favourtie characters. I mean her dad is Edward! I also agree with you with on Jacob getting a POV over Edward. All the books are from Bella's perspective but Edward is mentioned more in the book than Jacob. I think Edward should have got that POV as well as Midnight Sun. I remember watching a interview where Rob was saying something about talking to Stephenie about doing Midnight Sun (then again I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying, I was too distracted by Robert's hotness ;D) I can't believe she didn't want to get married to Edward. I would jump at the chance. I would yes before he even asked the question. If I was getting married to Edward I would be really happy that I was marrying someone as gorgeous and romantic as him. (know me I 'd put it on Facebook.) I would have said to Bella, if you not that fussed about getting married to him let me! I would marry him for you, so go away Bella and let me marry him and be a vampire with him. To be honest I think the only thing she cares about is not growing old. That's just what I think.
  • Just Missy 2010/10/04 18:38:44
    Just Missy
    It's one of the best scences in the book. I'd be angry if they took it out.

2014/04/16 22:11:04