Reform Washington D.C.
This is not original....... but Maybe it is time to reform Congress......
1. No tenure.
2. No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay
when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social
Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social
Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise and
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates
in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the
8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void
effective 1/1/11. The American people did not make this contract
with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and go back to work.
See Votes by State