Redneck Engineering & Math!
We are sick and tired of hearing about how dumb people are in the South, and
we challenge any so-called "smart" Yankee to take this exam:
1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will
support a 10 pound possum.
2. Which of these cars will rust out the quickest when placed on blocks in
your front yard?
(A) '65 Ford Fairlane
(B) '69 Chevrolet Chevelle
(C) '64 Pontiac GTO
3. If your uncle builds a still which operates at a capacity of 20 gallons
of shine produced per hour, how many car radiators are required to condense
4. A woodcutter has a chainsaw which operates at 2700 RPM. The density of
the pine trees in the plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The plot is 2.3
acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many Budweiser's
will be drunk before the trees are cut down?
5. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field
rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The
porch floor is 1-inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many
dogs will be killed?
6. A man owns a Georgia house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an
average slope of 15%. The man has five children. Can each of his grown
children place a mobile home on the man's land and still have enough
property for their electric appliances to sit out front?
7. A 2-ton truck is overloaded and proceeding 900 yards down a steep slope
on a secondary road at 45 MPH. The brakes fail. Given average traffic
conditions on secondary roads, what is the probability that it will strike a
vehicle with a muffler?
8. With a gene pool reduction of 7.5% per generation, how long will it take
a town which has been bypassed by the Interstate to breed a country-western
I betcha thought that there test was gonna be an easy one, didn't chya?
It's okay if'n yall didn't do all that well. Just goes to show ya, there's a
whole heap of things that big city book-learning don't prepare ya for in
this life. As an added bonus for taking the "REDNECK":
CHALLENGE", here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the
road a piece....
Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and
place an order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.