Prophecies gone wrong: For idiots

Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ 2010/03/25 19:52:50
Jesus and his apostles made MANY prophecies (I do mean a bloody lot) concerning the Armageddon. Christians would have you believe that it shall come as “a thief in the night”. Yet, the Bible is rather clear concerning when it would happen. Well it's clear but horribly wrong...as a matter of fact, the Bible consistently said it would follow soon after Jesus’ death.

When you point out such verses to Christians they will try to weasel it out of it by saying Christ was talking about his “future” apostles versus the ones he was directly speaking to. All it takes is a close examinations of the pronouns used in order to see that Christ truly did believe the end times would have happened nearly 2,000 years ago.. Now this si just a guess on my behalf but..i think he was wrong there.

pronouns order christ times 2000 years si guess behalf wrong

Jesus’ Predictions:
1) Jesus falsely prophesies DIRECTLY to the high priest (Caiphas) that he would live to see his second coming. Jesus uses the term “coming on the clouds of heaven”. This clearly negates the:
◘“coming” as the resurrection but as a return to the earth on CLOUDS, not his return in human form from the dead. Matthew 26:64 & Mark 14:62.
◘"But I tell you: From now on you will see 'the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power' and 'coming on the clouds of heaven.'" (Matthew 26:64 NAB)
◘Then Jesus answered, "I am; and 'you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.'" (Mark 14:62 NAB)

http://www.thinkatheist.com/photo/3290566381_4383bf00a5-1?con...

2) Jesus mistakenly tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime. Matthew 23:36 & 24:34
Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matthew 23:36 NAB)
◘"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB)

amen generation pass heaven earth pass pass matthew 2429-35 nab

3)Jesus falsely prophesies that the end of the world will come within his listeners’ lifetimes.
Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Mark 13:30-31 NAB)

Number of others, you may ask for them if you like.

John’s Predictions
◘John believes “the time is at hand,” and that the things that he writes about in Revelation will “shortly come to pass.” Revelations 1:1-3
◘John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 22:7, 12 & 20
◘John thinks he is living in “the last times.” He “knows” this because he sees so many Antichrist around. 1 John 2:18
◘John says that the Antichrist was already present at the time 1 John was written. 1 John 4:3
◘John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 3:11, 22:7, 12 & 20

Paul’s Predictions
◘Paul thought that the end was near and that Jesus would return soon after he wrote these words. Philippians 4:5
◘Paul believes he is living in the “last days.” Hebrews 1:2
◘Paul believed that Jesus would come “in a little while, and will not tarry.” Hebrews 10:37
◘ In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 Paul stated: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: And so shall we ever be with the Lord.” Paul shared the delusion, taught by Jesus, in that he expected to be snatched up bodily into heaven with other saints then living, who would, thus, never taste death. The use of “we” clearly proves as much. It is difficult to deny that Paul was certain that the end of the world was coming in the lifetime of his contemporaries.

Other Prophecies About Armageddon:
◘James thought that Jesus would return soon. James 5:8
◘Peter wrongly believed that he was living in the “last times” and that “the end of all things is at hand.” 1 Peter 1:20 & 4:7

Disagree with this and you disagree with the bible...in which case you are wrong ether way so...
1 peter 120 47 disagree disagree bible case wrong ether

Atheist feel free to use any of the bible quotes listed above...actually I encourage you to. It will not convert anyone, but it does give us the upper hand...plus I have a ego problem. if you would like any more simply ask...I have a books worth of them.

quotes listed encourage convert upper hand ego simply books worth

• Philo-Publius 2010/03/25 20:13:37
    Philo-Publius
    +2
    From my vast amount of scholarly research and biblical studies (reading the Da Vinci Code) Jesus' second coming already took place and was witnessed by Mary Magdalene.

• "SennaKoshiba" 2010/04/09 05:58:37
    "SennaKoshiba"
    Ah, great words there Scott. Only thing that I have against it, is I don't believe in undermining other people's religion entirely. =P Other than that, it's a great view of their hypocrisies. :D
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDeepxXxDark ~Breath of the Spirit~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    Jesus' Predictions:
    1. Matthew 26: 64 merely says " I say to all of you...." so he is not just talking about the high priest, and it also says "... : in the future" ,which states just in the future, Not a specific time in the future. So all together this says .... " I say to ALL OF YOU: in the FUTURE (note, future can specify any time after the present) you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One ( which refers to God and the throne) and coming on the clouds of heaven (and I don't see your problem with this part... so?)

2. Read the rest of it..... Matthew 24: 35- 37, 39, 42, 44. v.35 "Heaven and Earth Will pass away, but my words shall Not pass away." v.36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father ALONE." (Note: The rest of them know that it is coming, just not when) v.37 "For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah." v.39 "... and they did Not understand UNTIL the flood came and took them all away; so shall the coming of the Son of Man be." v.42 Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming." v.44 "For this reason you be ready too; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He Will."

Oh sorry, I j...

Jesus' Predictions:

Oh sorry, I just looked up at what you put for #2 ....did I get a bit off track? It might still help explain, either that or another part, so.... I'll just leave it on there.

Also still on #2...... Now here, I could be wrong, but this could be in reference to the ressurection and him saying that this will be the BEGINNING of the End Times, or he Could be saying that these things will START to take place.

Now, let's see.... Hmm, I could be wrong, but 2 and 3 seem to be the same....? So moving on....

John's Predictions:
    All the bullets are merely the same, so I sum them up in this...
    Now most importantly you need to understand this: 2 Peter 3: 8 "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." God's time and our time can be and is completely different.
    (Oh by the way, on John's predictions you put the same thing up there twice)
    (Hmm, .... I wonder how many times you do that.... Lol) Okay, moving on....

Paul's Predicitons:
    The 1st and 2nd one are merely the same as John's and are thus explained before....

Let's see, #3: Here is the reasoning, 2 Peter 3: 9 "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is Patient with you, Not wanting anyone to perish, but Everyone to come to repentance."

Again, now here on this one, I could be wrong....I also think "we" can be a general term in saying "all" or "people" or "those".... I'm not going to go into too much detail here, I have a lot of other things I need to do.

Other Propehcies: I already explained these somewhere above, so.....

Also, I want to congratulate you on admitting that you have an ego problem.... always first step toward the solution lol.

Now, I'm pretty impressed with myself! You're probably not and you probably think my answers are worthless and count as nothing, but hey who cares. You won't get the next part....
    (**Smiles and Whispers: Thank you!**)
    (***Mumbles something.... is stunned!***)
  • Scott ヶ... Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄... 2010/03/28 00:50:50
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    Thing about your holy book it's up for interpretation...which begs a number of questions.
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄... Scott ヶ... 2010/03/28 02:45:38
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDeepxXxDark ~Breath of the Spirit~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    Which I've had a constant 'attempt' (which I use loosely) to answer.
  • Yog Scott ヶ... 2010/03/28 17:34:19
    Yog
    I'm back in the room. Your main point was about Jesus predicting that he'd come back again within the life of the listeners. Reincarnation answers that point quite well. When (or if) the Christ returns it would be well possible for the concerned to witness it. Have you heard of the Essenes? They were one of the major Jewish groups prevalent around the time of Jesus. There is alot of evidence that Jesus (among others) was an essene. They believed in reincarnation among other things (like astrology).

You also indicated that it was to happen soon. What is soon? Lets say it were to happen around 2500 ad. Whats 2500 years compared to billions of years the universe has been around for? What is a day of the God? Look at genesis. A day of God clearly lasts a long time. You get me?
    And as for Paul. Maybe he thought it would happen sooner than it is going to. Or maybe he agree with me. I dunno. But I think I've explained your reservations adequetely.
    If you want any more answers. I'm your man. :)
  • Yog 2010/03/26 21:46:48
    Yog
    I'll have a think about it. But I bet I'll be able to give you an explanation. Seeya later mate, :)
  • PlasmaDragon007 2010/03/26 03:30:22
    PlasmaDragon007
    Bwahaha, my prophecy for...myself: live then die. Tadda!!!!
  • Morgan 2010/03/26 02:35:48
  • Quintessential Brother The ... 2010/03/25 20:21:23
    Quintessential Brother The Conservative Liberal
    He is already here right in the American White House.

american white house
  • Philo-Publius 2010/03/25 20:13:37
    Philo-Publius
    +2
  • GTNOOF 2010/03/25 20:00:33
    GTNOOF
    +1
    Once again you fail by leaving out important parts. The Bible is also clear about one thing, ". . and you will not know at what time I will come to you"
    .
  • Scott ヶ... GTNOOF 2010/03/25 20:04:20
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +1
    So then we have a contradiction.
  • GTNOOF Scott ヶ... 2010/03/25 20:19:48
    GTNOOF
    No, just a poor interpretation on your part to fit what you believe.
  • Scott ヶ... GTNOOF 2010/03/25 20:24:33
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    Or poor interpretation on your part to fit you.
  • GTNOOF Scott ヶ... 2010/03/25 20:25:42
    GTNOOF
    Not an interpretation on my part. The quote I used doesn't have to be interpreted as it is very straightforward.
  • Scott ヶ... GTNOOF 2010/03/25 20:30:33
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    But it contradicts with other quotes...I can name hundreds of contradictions from the bible.
  • GTNOOF Scott ヶ... 2010/03/25 20:35:06
    GTNOOF
    Things you see as contradictions through your interpretation.
  • Scott ヶ... GTNOOF 2010/03/25 20:36:35
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +1
    I'm a sceptic and i question things so of course they do.
  • GTNOOF Scott ヶ... 2010/03/25 20:39:02
    GTNOOF
    That's obvious.
  • Emperor Penguinz ►One Hit R... 2010/03/25 19:57:08
    Emperor Penguinz ►One Hit Rage Quit◄
    +1
    I like how everyone gang bangs christians when it comes to religion. lol. I always wanted to know why...is it 'cause they're like the newest out of the rest?
  • Scott ヶ... Emperor... 2010/03/25 20:00:38
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +3
    Biggest, easiest, funniest.

The majority of people on this site are Christians, they already gang bang the Muslims so I'm gang banging them.
  • Emperor... Scott ヶ... 2010/03/25 20:23:42
    Emperor Penguinz ►One Hit Rage Quit◄
    +1
    Same reason I gang bang them. =o

lol.
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄... Emperor... 2010/03/28 00:49:56
    I don't think I'm very easy....? Hmm.....
  • Yog Scott ヶ... 2010/03/26 21:49:53
    Yog
    So you're a crusader at heart really! hahahahahaha. just kidding. Keep it up. We all need challenging, testing and refining.
  • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄... Scott ヶ... 2010/03/28 00:49:13
    I don't think I'm very easy...?
  • Quintes... Emperor... 2010/03/25 20:31:22
    +1
    This is why...

2014/12/21 01:17:03