Please pray for Robert and Stephanie.

TruBluTopaz 2012/07/05 22:48:06
One of my son's best friends is married to a really happy, glowing girl named Stephanie. They both work as managers for ChikFilA. Two weeks ago a case of pneumonia triggered a congenital defect previously unknown that led to secondary infections of other organs. Her organs began shutting down last week when an experimental drug was used. She seemed to be getting better, her vitals were good and to my understanding, she was even beginning to rouse from her coma.

She died early this morning. She was too young. Why is it that we spend millions saving lives in other parts of the world when people here die every day of diseases or conditions that are overlooked or dismissed. I guess I am in the angry stage right now. We all thought she would pull through. So a young husband goes home to an empty apartment, the plans they made, the future they had planned is over. What can I say to that young man? What would anyone say? Just please. say a prayer. He needs all the help he can get.

• Edwin 2012/07/31 17:18:04
    Edwin
    +1
    I am very sorry for your loss (and theirs), but I can help answer your question a little if you want. Be there for him. Listen, offer small talk, offer memories and condolences. Offer to prepare meals for him -- or clean his apartment. If she was the primary cook or cleaner, he might be needing those options without even having any idea that he does.

Normalcy helps. Anything that can help return his life to something that resembles normal is good -- as long as it doesn't pretend nothing happened, or force him to pretend to be happy or anything.

Her condition, as you describe it, was unknown until it triggered. Such conditions are hard to detect (obviously), so extremely hard to treat. Research doesn't investigate such conditions much, because it is hard to find research subjects -- it doesn't have anything to do with money allocation or focus.

I'm sure none of that is comfort for this man (or you, or your son). Sometimes terrible things happen, and those of us who are around afterwards must find a way to put our lives back in order.

Wish him the best for me.
  • MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +2
    So sad... I will pray with you here... but am lost with what to say as well.... :'(
  • RogerRover 2012/07/06 02:29:01
    RogerRover
    +1
    We come boldly to Your throne Father. You said we'd find grace and help in time of need. We need You now for Stephanie's loved ones and acquaintances. Holy Spirit, You are the great Comforter. We trust You to do a work which is far beyond our abilities. Pour in heavenly oil and wine to wounded hearts and lives. We place them into Your capable hands...in Jesus name..
  • MIZ® ₱... RogerRover 2012/07/07 05:28:17
  • texasred 2012/07/05 23:09:58
    texasred
    +2
    Oh my gosh, TruBlu.... I'm so, so sorry. Stephanie is in God's hands now and doesn't need our prayers. You, your son, Stephanie's family and Robert do in order to be able to cope with this loss. My prayers are with you all. prayer for healing
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/07/05 22:53:13
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +3
    OMG....That is terrible TBT! I will be lifting up prayers for comfort for everyone!
    loss of a loved one

2014/11/23 19:54:45