Ouija Boards: Real or Fake?

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2013/10/07 18:22:27

• Skunky 2013/10/07 18:58:15
    Real
    Skunky
    +10
    my parents tried it once before they got married... they said it freaked them out. they burnt it in a fire pit.

• imagine. ☮ 2013/10/08 12:39:51
    imagine. ☮
    I tried it twice, it was so weird how my friends arm suddenly got littered of little hillocks, she even attacked an other girl. It's so awkward. I don't think it's fake, neither real.
    It's so incredible.
  • Jonathan V. 2013/10/08 12:28:54
    Jonathan V.
    I never had experiences with them, but I find it hard to believe the stories, even though they can be convincing. But at the same time, I'm not too certain I want to try playing with it.
  • Joey 2013/10/08 12:25:26
    Real
    Joey
    +1
    They are real is they are a product made. However they have no powers or anything like that.
  • Dina 2013/10/08 12:21:45
    Dina
    +1
    I don't know, but I don't mess around with that stuff. I have enough creepy stuff wafting around in my head, I don't need more! : (
  • manfrommars46 2013/10/08 11:16:03
    Real
    manfrommars46
    +2

Well this bloody Ouija Board was real enough. She destroyed your fillies and mares in your Breeers Cup turf. She was the best British filly I've ever seen.
  • Sailor Jerry [Proud Liberta... 2013/10/08 10:36:53 (edited)
    Real
    Sailor Jerry [Proud Libertarian]
    +2
    a couple of my friends and i got one in college, and when we asked "who are you?" it started to spell out SATA; you can see where this is going. we put the planchette on goodbye and took our hands off it... and it promptly hurled itself against the wall.

weird things happened for a couple of days afterwards.
  • Chibi Guru Z 2013/10/08 09:23:09
    Fake
    Chibi Guru Z
    No spookies.
  • loky 2013/10/08 09:05:46
    Real
    loky
    +3
    I think they should be left alone. Could get something out of it you cant handle.
  • JA 2013/10/08 08:56:33
    Real
    JA
    +2
    As a teen me and my sibling played on this board and all kinds of weird demonic things started happening in our home until my mom called for the church to do a cleansing, true story.
  • elisabeth.grace2 2013/10/08 07:55:20
    Fake
    elisabeth.grace2
    Like duh. We subconsciouslly move all the time.
  • 3750339 2013/10/08 07:34:40
    3750339
    +1
    Speaking for myself I had an eerie experience as a result of one though I refused to play at a party,unbeknownst to me I was the subject of the game.
    My friends were playing with one in another room suddenly I felt compelled to walk into the room where they were gathered,their faces turned white,they were concentrating on my walking into the room while placing their hands around the Ouija Board......
    My first and last experience with the occult that is Oujia......
  • Wildflower7777 2013/10/08 07:20:28
    Real
    Wildflower7777
    +5
    ouija boards have been implicated in causing negative changes in people's lives when they have engaged in using these tools for divination. Anecdotal evidence exists where the ouija board has been implicated in the person becoming demon possessed. It would appear that the boards when used for divination, provide a gateway for negative spiritual entities to gain entrance to those who are unsuspecting. It would appear that the best thing to do with an ouija board is to leave well enough alone.
  • Alacrity 2013/10/08 06:34:00 (edited)
    Real
    Alacrity
    +5
    If I can hold it it my hand, it's real. The answers it gives are fakes, ouija board
  • m21m 2013/10/08 05:56:37
    Fake
    m21m
    +4
    The supernatural is sooooo fake. Lived in a haunted dorm for over a year. Saw nothing. Slept atop a haunted mesa on the summer solstice. Saw nothing. Why do people feel compelled to believe any of this?
  • Wildflo... m21m 2013/10/08 07:24:35
    Wildflower7777
    +2
    Perhaps you have not been affected by anything supernatural and good for you. In my city we have a building that is now used as an Arts Centre. It was used to house the criminally insane way back over a century ago. Many people who had mental illnesses such as depression, or unhealed grief following the death of a baby, were also interred there. Many unsavoury thigs went on in this hospital when it was used as a hospital.
  • Wildflo... m21m 2013/10/08 07:27:01
    Wildflower7777
    +2
    Since it has been used as an Arts Centre, many people have reported sightings of apparitions and when I once visited the centre as part of a uni assignment, I went to the top of some stairs. I am not sure what was there, but the temperature of the air changed so that it became very cold and there was an extremely eerie atmosphere in that part of the centre. I simpi
  • Wildflo... m21m 2013/10/08 07:29:07
    Wildflower7777
    +2
    I simply could not tolerate staying there more than a couple of minutes and I felt chills and goosebumps and a sense of dread. Once I came into the main part of the building the feelings dissipated and the air temperature normalised. I may never know what that was, but I do not want to repeat that experience ever.
  • Eizzy ~... Wildflo... 2013/10/09 11:03:16
    Eizzy ~PWCM~JLA
    I only experienced that type of feeling once so far. The house I lived in when I was younger used to be owned by this elderly man, but he died and all his belongings were stored in the basement's back room. The house is huge, so the basement was very spacious. However, when the lights are off, even in daytime, the basement is pitch black, and if walking in the darkness, you can feel as if someone is there with you. It wasn't threatening, but you know someone is there, and I always felt this in the basement and nowhere else.
  • Wildflo... Eizzy ~... 2013/10/09 15:28:27
    Wildflower7777
    I have heard some theories about entities that people encounter. One of those is that because we are energetic beings, some people when they die, do not complete the journey as their souls are meant to and believe that they are still alive. Apparently they can remain in the astral plane for a long time unless they are helped to leave. I am citing this as an interesting theory. It is not necessarily a belief of mine but an interesting point of view.
  • DeejaySpaniel 2013/10/08 05:16:28
    DeejaySpaniel
    +2
    I believe they are fake, as I believe all magic and gods are.

I have selected "undecided" as I have no proof, merely faith.
  • Kitt 2013/10/08 05:15:22
    Real
    Kitt
    +4
    real and evil. burn it burn it now.
  • Keidran 2013/10/08 05:02:38
    Real
    Keidran
    +4
    And demonic if you have one burn it now
  • STL Truth 2013/10/08 04:36:01
    Real
    STL Truth
    +7
    Something weird goes on with them for sure. Had a friend I went to trade school with that was huge. 6,3 245 pure muscle. He said he had a horrible experience with one. So bad him and his parents sold the house they were living in. I played a joke on him since he lived next door, I bought a board opened up his door, put it on the coffee table. I was siting on the porch watched him walk into his apartment soon after he walked out and got in his truck and left. Guy was scared to death of them. The danger in them is apparently people that don't think they work. He finally told me what had happened. He said his friends were convinced they were fake and started screaming insulting things while holding on to the bored. He said the thing started to move everyone took their hands off of the board and it continued to move. Said it spell out "Kill you". He said they burned the board then one day when he was taking a shower with the door locked he got out of the shower and "Kill You" was wrote on the mirror. He said things kept getting thrown off counters in the middle of the night and such. He seemed pretty believable. I'd never mess around with one to find out though. I'm pretty convinced. Had another buddy from my home town that did not believe in ghost at all. He used one, said while they were using it a vase got knocked over. Something weird is up with them. You can youtube it, you find a lot of BS but some times you find some good video's.
  • Eizzy ~... STL Truth 2013/10/09 11:59:23
    Eizzy ~PWCM~JLA
    I had someone share their experiences with me as well, she was terrified and warned everyone never to use it. Of course, I didn't believe her until I had my own experiences. Her story was, she didn't think the board was real and forcibly took the planchette, she made fun of the whole thing, and all that (She was extremely detailed, but I wont go into it.) and asked the board when she is going to die. It actually moved and started to tell her, November something, but she got spooked and walked away. She still wasn't much of a believer since she thought her friends were moving it; however, it didn't end there. A lot of strange things started to happen. Doors opening and closing when everyone was in one area of the house. Voices at night, and what scared her the most, were the sounds of footsteps, like someone was constantly walking around once everyone goes to bed and she would be the person who got the worse of it, while everyone else has to deal with the obvious sounds of something suddenly falling on it's own and such. Eventually, her family had to move and after the move, everything got better, but now she thinks she'll die in November, just don't know what day or year.
  • Jo 2013/10/08 03:47:37
    Jo
    +4
    I think theres something to them; even the most die-hard non-believers in the paranormal will tell you not to mess around with those things.
  • wildcat 2013/10/08 03:38:58
    Fake
    wildcat
    +2
    That is why they are sold in the toy department at Target . WalMart . Party land . Halloween stores
    The Ouija Board can trace its lineage directly to patent number 446,054 filed by Elijah J. Bond on 28 May 1890, although a number of patents were filed by different individuals for the various board designs and planchettes over the next century. The "father" of Ouija, however, is considered to be William Fuld. He joined the Kennard Novelty Company as a painter but soon became so engrossed with the Ouija product that he began filing his own patents. William eventually transformed the company into the Ouija Novelty Company, where he produced Ouija Boards until his death in 1927. The Fuld family continued to manufacture and sell Ouija Boards until transferring the product line to Parker Brothers in 1966. Parker Brothers maintained it until 1999 whereupon an updated Ouija version was introduced.
  • Jo wildcat 2013/10/08 03:48:42
    Jo
    +1
    that doesn't explain the planchett moving on its own.
  • DeejayS... Jo 2013/10/08 05:10:28
    DeejaySpaniel
    +2
    So why does it never move unless someone touches it?
  • Jo DeejayS... 2013/10/08 06:36:29
    Jo
    someone touching it doesn't make it move, and sometimes it moves on its own.
  • wildcat Jo 2013/10/08 17:46:34 (edited)
    wildcat
    +1
    Physically impossible to move on its own. The law of inertia won't let it move on its own. An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted upon by an outside force. And then it will only move in a straight line unless another force acts on it.
  • Jo wildcat 2013/10/09 00:48:15
    Jo
    its NOT physically impossible, I've seen it, and it didn't move in a strait line.
  • wildcat Jo 2013/10/09 00:49:44
    wildcat
    impossible without an outside force. any ninth graders knows that.
  • Jo wildcat 2013/10/09 00:51:39
    Jo
    lol! oh it was definitely an "outside source" that was doing it!
  • Keidran wildcat 2013/10/08 05:06:36
    Keidran
    +1
    That doesn't explain my fur tail and ears!!!
    AND I AM NOT A DAMN FURRY !!!!!!
  • DeejayS... Keidran 2013/10/11 05:58:28
    DeejaySpaniel
    ...What?
  • Hirnungah Mancandy 2013/10/08 02:51:43
    Real
    Hirnungah Mancandy
    +6
    Oh yeah ; they're real . They become dangerous because most of the people using them don't know what they're doing . Most of the people that do know what they're doing don't need to use them .
  • anastas... Hirnung... 2013/10/08 03:37:21
    anastasia littlemoon c
    +2
    It's scary I guess they sometimes pretend to be a sweet innocent person who died but they aren't humans at all - demons.
  • Hirnung... anastas... 2013/10/08 04:16:36 (edited)
    Hirnungah Mancandy
    +5
    Not always ; the problem is that 98% of the people using one don't know what they're doing and open gateways into other places . I'v been practicing witchcraft for over 30 years , and i know how and why things tend to go wrong with a Ouija board .
  • Keidran Hirnung... 2013/10/08 05:08:44 (edited)
    Keidran
    +1
    I pray for your soul and that you will come out of such evils and devil worshiping
    (All witchcraft centres around satan) that calls to include masons, mormons, and wiccans
  • DeejayS... Keidran 2013/10/08 05:15:28
    DeejaySpaniel
    +3
    Actually, all witchcraft, that is Wicca, centres around the earth. Witchcraft predates Christianity by a solid 35,000 years.

Yeah, you read that right. 35,000 years. The Palaeolithic Age.

2014/09/01 21:31:55