Okay well my teacher wants us to write something to help the world,any ideas?

pinky 2012/02/01 03:03:46
Related Topics: World, Teacher
Plzzz i need some ideas i don't know what to write about

• Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/02/01 05:05:14
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +7
    Tell her that you believe in "social justice" where a student who doesn't do the assignment gets the same grade as the one who did. I mean it's only "fair"! In reality the best thing that you can do for the world is to study for a real occupation, be successful and spread your wealth by creating products and making jobs. All the BS about world peace and green energy is not reality. Ask her how many billions of hard working American dollars have been flushed down the toilet in the name of alternative energy? It's your future, don't be indoctrinated.

• Classical Liberal 2012/02/14 03:41:42
    Classical Liberal
    Depending on your capability, write a defense of free-market capitalism.
  • pinky 2012/02/14 00:42:30
    pinky
    Thank you guys so much for your thoughts and ideas. Thank you
  • rocat pinky 2012/02/14 01:10:35
    rocat
    thanks for the thanks-

now please tell us what you wrote-
    or perhaps post your whole paper here-
    i would read it-
  • safari 2012/02/01 08:52:41
    safari
    +6
    Imagine a world where every one takes responsibility for themselves and their own actions. -

Beautiful!
  • LisaSmith 2012/02/01 07:35:35 (edited)
    LisaSmith
    +2
    Talk about how you can personally make the world a better place for the people around you just by doing kind things rather then a big thing to change the world which is pretty much impossible for the average person. Google ways to make the world a better place to get some talking points and clues about different small things you can do to impact people you come across on a daily basis. Some things that might help those in need are to volunteer your time at a homeless shelter, think of a way to raise money to help someone in need or visit a nursing home and spend time with a person who rarely gets a visit.
  • Bozette 2012/02/01 06:38:30
    Bozette
    +5
    If anyone truly wants to help the world, one of the first things that it is necessary to do is to teach kids HOW to think (critically and logically and to question everything)...not WHAT to think.
  • Gracie ... Bozette 2012/02/01 23:51:49
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +4
    Bozette, you have that right! I had a girl tell me that she had not been indoctrinated by her teachers, that they rarely even mentioned politics. She didn't even understand how indoctrination works.....just like this assignment is purely political indoctrination so innocuous (I mean who doesn't want to save the world, right) that they don't even realize it.
  • Bozette Gracie ... 2012/02/02 06:42:54
    Bozette
    +2
    I know, it is actually quite easy for them to slide the whole "save the planet - sustainability" message into the classroom discussion in any subject. Some schools are pushing the volunteering also, and punishing those who for whatever reason don't have their parents drop them off and pick them up on a weekend by giving only those students extra assignments. They don't seem to be so worried about the carbon footprints then!
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +7
  • Bozette Gracie ... 2012/02/01 06:33:15
  • Katherine Gracie ... 2012/02/01 07:31:25
    Katherine
    +3
    Gracie......... You are a genius.
  • Gracie ... Katherine 2012/02/01 23:48:36
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    That's a laugh, but thanks!
  • Katherine 2012/02/01 03:54:29
    Katherine
    +4
    Do a two-page essay about how evil capitalists are, (if there were such a thing as God), and how just communism is. You're guaranteed an A.
  • keeper 2012/02/01 03:54:04
    keeper
    +3
    Expound the idea of converting nuclear energy into electricity directly, rather than the way it is done now by heating water to rotate a steam turbine.
  • Zervur 2012/02/01 03:49:45
    Zervur
    +3
    Close the U.N.
  • rocat 2012/02/01 03:46:39 (edited)
    rocat
    +6
    already been written-

called the constitution-

no other document like it...
    in mankinds history...

we just need to adhere to it-
  • AMo45 rocat 2012/02/01 14:16:19
  • Simmering Frog 2012/02/01 03:40:41 (edited)
    Simmering Frog
    +5
    OK, this is what's going to happen. You are going to have a bunch of your fellow students say the following:

I want to help the world by educating people about global warming.
    I want to help the world by reducing racism.
    I want to help the world by saving the rain forest.

And your teacher will be in the back of the room with a look of euphoria on her face.

Let me be the first to tell you these answers are idealistic B.S. Oh, what I would pay to be a student again knowing what I know now.

Here's a suggestion! First, I would suggest to your teacher that "Helping the world" is a rather broad idea. And it's a rather silly assignment in all reality. That's why you are struggling with this assignment. You know it's B.S. Why? Because it is! Honestly, it's unrealistic. It's too broad and there is an enormous difference between idealism and reality. Everyone would like to help the world and make all the problems go away. Reality check: It won't happen. Your teacher needs to get her head out of the clouds and come back from LaLa Land. That being said, this is what I suggest: The most productive thing you could do would be to help your own country first and then other countries may see it as a role model so that they too may follow it. The single best thing you could do and really the mos...

Here's a suggestion! First, I would suggest to your teacher that "Helping the world" is a rather broad idea. And it's a rather silly assignment in all reality. That's why you are struggling with this assignment. You know it's B.S. Why? Because it is! Honestly, it's unrealistic. It's too broad and there is an enormous difference between idealism and reality. Everyone would like to help the world and make all the problems go away. Reality check: It won't happen. Your teacher needs to get her head out of the clouds and come back from LaLa Land. That being said, this is what I suggest: The most productive thing you could do would be to help your own country first and then other countries may see it as a role model so that they too may follow it. The single best thing you could do and really the most compassionate thing you can do is to reduce individual government dependency as much as possible and teach self sufficiency as much as possible. That means rejecting government provided healthcare. The private sector does it better. Reject government education. The private sector does it better. Reject government built automobiles. The private sector does it better. As far as the individual is concerned.....don't go around having sex and getting pregnant at 18. That doesn't help anyone and you just create a burden on the system. Stay off welfare. Get your education and become a productive citizen.

The best thing you can do to help the world is to become self sufficient and then you will have the means and money to give to charity where you can actually help the world. That's the realistic way on how you improve the world. But I will promise you, your teacher will never tell you these things.

Present this to your teacher and you are guaranteed to get a bad grade. Why? Because it will threaten your teacher's idealism. But in 30 years from now you can look back and be proud of that bad grade because you changed the system that insisted you "think" in a certain way. Nothing threatens a teacher more than an individual thinker.

Best of luck!
  • Tom 2012/02/01 03:39:20
    Tom
    +4
    If you want a good grade, write about saving the Earth by opposing evil polluting corporations.

If you want to learn something, write about the higher ethical purpose served by members of the military, police, firemen, and emergency room workers.
  • Simmeri... Tom 2012/02/01 03:44:07
    Simmering Frog
    +4
    Here's the problem: Does she go for the good grade or does she actually write a paper that is productive?

Oh, what I would pay to be a high school student again.
  • Tom Simmeri... 2012/02/01 03:50:29
    Tom
    +3
    Or; it has been shown that the single best thing young people can do to reduce crime in their community and raise their personal odds of living well is to not have children outside of marriage. That one would probably get pinky in trouble too.
  • Simmeri... Tom 2012/02/01 03:53:23
    Simmering Frog
    +2
    Very true but how do you tell that to a teacher who most likely is teaching her students how to put a condom on a banana? This is California we're talking about here. But your point is well made.
  • Alexis ♥ 2012/02/01 03:06:06
    Alexis ♥
    +4
    I have to do that to!! D: Like, do something to were it has to do with.. Stop cutting down trees or.. Go green. lol. I'd be happy to help you if you need it :)
  • pinky Alexis ♥ 2012/02/01 03:07:58
    pinky
    +1
    yeah,thank you

2014/09/01 23:28:56