My Dog died today. She was 15 years old. She will be missed. Have you lost a animal companion recently- like to honor them?

OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet 2009/05/10 01:31:42
I...
I...
Jamie Lou- I got her when she was 8 weeks old. A Beagle/Cocker Spaniel Mix. She was a great dog- the best.

• stillhappytobeinourcountry 2009/05/10 01:52:09
    I...
    stillhappytobeinourcountry
    +6
    What a sad time ...They become so much a part of your life.They love you just as much as you love them.I'm so sorry for your loss of Jamie Lou.Iv'e lost so many during my life time and each one of them live on in my heart.I know that feeling that you must be feeling now and my heart goes out to you. jamie lou ive lost life live heart feeling feeling heart

• Docstrich 2009/05/14 09:25:14
    I...
    Docstrich
    I am so, so sorry......my heart goes out to you. I lost my 'soul-dog' in a house fire almost 19 years ago and I still miss her daily.......I pray you find comfort.....
  • American Rhetoric Review 2009/05/10 23:01:22
    I...
    American Rhetoric Review
    +1
    I'm so sorry.... These little creatures are the love of our lives. I know mine is! Be thankful you had the little girl and that you had the opportunity to love her.... She loved you as well and will be waiting for you on the other side! I know the pain is horrific now but the love will last a lifetime. Remember her always with love. Hugs to you! I love dog lovers! ARR
  • OhioCri... America... 2009/05/12 02:13:45
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +1
    thank you.
  • moviechick 2009/05/10 22:07:03 (edited)
    I...
    moviechick
    +1
    i sorry. i lost my dog when she was also 15 years old and it was heartbreaking.
  • OhioCri... moviechick 2009/05/12 02:13:28
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    thanks.
  • hook 2009/05/10 21:56:21
    I...
    hook
    +1
    i lost buster last summer it still makes me sad sometimes. hang in there
  • OhioCri... hook 2009/05/12 02:13:10
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    thanks. we have a cat named Buster.
  • Jewels 2009/05/10 21:11:49
    I...
    Jewels
    +1
    i am sorry for your loss!!
  • OhioCri... Jewels 2009/05/10 21:45:33
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    thanks.
  • Twizzer 2009/05/10 19:16:50
    I...
    Twizzer
    +1
    am so sorry for your loss. loss
  • OhioCri... Twizzer 2009/05/10 21:45:59
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    thank you.
  • Caca 2009/05/10 16:32:21
    I...
    Caca
    +2
    I sorry !!!!
  • OhioCri... Caca 2009/05/10 21:46:54
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    thanks. and yes as I have always said- if my animal friends don't go to heaven - then I want to go where they go.
  • Caca OhioCri... 2009/05/10 22:56:23
    Caca
    did u get the comment about my hamster ?
  • The heartless 2009/05/10 12:05:54
    I...
    The heartless
    +1

I am so sorry for your loss...i lost my cat in 2005 of thyriod cancer so i feel for you:(
  • OhioCri... The hea... 2009/05/10 12:13:39
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +1
    thank you. Jamie was diagnosed with Cushing's Disease when she was 7- and given 2 years to live- she out beat the odds- to 15.
  • The hea... OhioCri... 2009/05/10 12:16:25
    The heartless
    awwww i'm so sorry;(
  • Melody 2009/05/10 07:56:16
    I...
    Melody
    +2
    I am very sorry hon....I know what it's like to lose a pet. I have lost 3 in the past. I was very attached to them. Again I am sorry for your loss hon lose pet lost 3 attached loss
  • OhioCri... Melody 2009/05/10 12:03:37
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    thank you
  • RedFlint 2009/05/10 07:27:49
    I...
    RedFlint
    +1
    I Send You Perfect Peace (Mind-Body-Spirit), [Tohidu!] May the warmth of the East guide her through the Nightlands quickly and across the Path of Souls (Rainbow Bridge), to run & play, till you meet again.
    Thank You for the offer! To Pig-Pig, Miss Shyly and Max, my Chows, who I led through the Nightlands, the last few years. They are content and visit often, waiting until they can feel the Fire and Walk the Circle with me, once again.
    Wado! (Much Thanks)
    Storm Over Mountain
    content visit waiting feel fire walk circle wado storm mountain
  • OhioCri... RedFlint 2009/05/10 12:04:42
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    beautiful said. thanks.
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2009/05/10 06:24:20
    I...
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +2
    Rest in peace, Jamie Lou.

I miss my dog Willy who died in January of 2008. I love you Willy. You were too young!

jamie lou dog willy died january 2008 love willy young
  • OhioCri... ««Ginge... 2009/05/10 12:06:18
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +1
    thanks. Willy- nice name.
  • Pjayee~American Patriot~Jus... 2009/05/10 05:55:38 (edited)
    I...
    Pjayee~American Patriot~Just gimme some truth
    +3
    A friend gave this to me when my Jake passed on
    friend jake passed friend jake passed
  • OhioCri... Pjayee~... 2009/05/10 12:07:05
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +1
    thank you
  • jimmy "In God We Trust" 2009/05/10 04:51:41
    I...
    jimmy  "In God We Trust"
    +1
    I Lost one off my dogs a couple months ago, her name was Emma and sure miss her. I feel for your loss. and hope the article below will help, it did for me.

Dog's Purpose (from a 6-year-old).

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had be...''

'

'''''

'

'

Dog's Purpose (from a 6-year-old).

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why.'

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, 'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.'

Live simply.

Love generously.

Care deeply.

Speak kindly.

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.

Take naps.

Stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
    Be loyal.

Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
    ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!
  • OhioCri... jimmy ... 2009/05/10 12:09:29
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    from the mouth of babes. THANK YOU.
  • myssabz 2009/05/10 04:38:50
    I...
    myssabz
    +2
    I'm so sorry. They can be such great companions and when they are gone, leave such a gaping hole in our hearts. Yes, I have lost a few in my life, not just dogs, but cats, rabbits, goats, chickens, sheep, horse, parrotkeet. They all hurt. life dogs cats rabbits goats chickens sheep horse parrotkeet hurt
    One goat we had named Princess Kickybutt because she was always clicking her heels in the air. She didnt hang with the other goats, but kept escaping from the pen and followed us everywhere. We took her to nursing homes and schools which she dearly loved. The expressions on peoples faces as they passed our car was priceless because she insisted on sitting in the front seat. She loved people. When she died she was 16 and all our goat friends said they couldnt believe a goat could live that long. One of my sons and I buried her and kept crying and laughing as we kept recounting to each other about all the funny, annoying and cute things she was always pulling. I knew she wasnt going to live forever, but wasnt expecting it so soon.
  • OhioCri... myssabz 2009/05/10 04:49:14
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    wow. what a wonderful story. and ya seeing a goat sitting in a car- let alone the front seat- thank you.
  • myssabz OhioCri... 2009/05/10 05:48:00
    myssabz
    +1
    We would also hear comments like "Ew, look at the ugly dog......oh wait, thats a goat" Then everybody else would have to look over and exclaim over the goat sitting in the front seat. We had such laughs with her. .
  • OhioCri... myssabz 2009/05/10 12:10:56
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +1
    LOL thanks I can only imagine the stares and joy and love
  • GreatLakes 2009/05/10 04:32:58
    I...
    GreatLakes
    +2

I'm sorry for your loss. I know it's not easy loosing such a dear companion. God Bless.
  • OhioCri... GreatLakes 2009/05/10 04:49:44
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +1
    thank you
  • GreatLakes OhioCri... 2009/05/10 14:47:50
    GreatLakes
    You're welcome.
  • KODA 2009/05/10 04:30:38
    I...
    KODA
    +2
    I have lost many over the years , it is always hard to deal with ;(
  • OhioCri... KODA 2009/05/10 04:50:11
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +1
    yes. thank you.
  • Rondolce 2009/05/10 04:24:32
    I...
    Rondolce
    +2
    It's very hard to lose the kind of pure, unconditional love you get from a pet. I've lost several and it's pure pain but I'd rather go through it a dozen times in my life than not have them at all. Peace!
  • OhioCri... Rondolce 2009/05/10 04:29:42
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +1
    thank you
  • icymore 2009/05/10 04:21:50
    I...
    icymore
    +2
    My mom's cat, Irie, disappeared recently. We got her 10 years ago, and she was absolutely the best cat ever. I cried a lot. Oh, here come the waterworks again. I've cried less over the deaths of human family members.
  • OhioCri... icymore 2009/05/10 04:30:41
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +1
    so true. thanks.

2014/11/28 15:54:48