Quantcast

My daughter burned something in the microwave a week or so ago and now every time we use it, the burned smell gets really bad. Is there a way to remove the odor or am I just going to have to purchase a new microwave?

lucythetooth 2012/08/03 19:31:28
You!
Add Photos & Videos
The thing has been scrubbed to within an inch of its life with no change. Is there anything I can do or is the microwave a lost cause?
Add a comment above

Sort By
  • Most Raves
  • Least Raves
  • Oldest
  • Newest
Opinions

  • jule-sy 2012/08/04 15:54:08
    Try this...
    jule-sy
    +1
    If you have vanilla extract, pour the whole bottle in a small microwaveable bowl and maybe more depending on what you have in your cupboard. The more you have the better.
    This should remove the smell. Set for a few minutes on high but you can adjust if only a few isn't working to do the trick.
    I found an article some time ago in a little booklet with some kitchen hints and this was about sink smells and all. For that you heat vanilla extract over the stove and the fumes clear the air. It works so should do the same for inside the microwave.
  • being me 2012/08/03 23:37:36
    Try this...
    being me
    +1
    Lemon juice or a lemon with water in a bowl for about a minute on high. I don't know if it works though:(
  • Vijay Pawar 2012/08/03 20:01:19
    Pull out your wallet, it's time for a new microwave.
    Vijay Pawar
    +1
    Have to be very careful while using such electric appliances,as they very much prone to such mishaps, if not used in the specified way.
  • ~Adrien~ 2012/08/03 19:55:06
    Try this...
    ~Adrien~
    +1
    I've heard that cutting up a lemon and putting it in a bowl with a couple tbsp of water can help also. ??? Don't know if it's true though, I've never tried it.
  • Transquesta 2012/08/03 19:35:29
    Try this...
    Transquesta
    +1
    Mix a couple of teaspoons of baking soda in a microwave safe bowl with about a quart of water. (You might even throw in a couple of eucalyptus leaves.) Put the bowl in the microwave on high for at least seven minutes, or until most of the water in the bowl has boiled away.

    After this treatment let the microwave cool off and wipe the inside real good with a sponge soaked in the remaining liquid.
  • Sister Jean 2012/08/03 19:32:42
    Try this...
    Sister Jean
    +1
    baking soda spoonful in micro safe cup...for a minute
  • Juan O'Mara 2012/08/03 19:32:08
    Try this...
    Juan O'Mara
    +2
    arm n hammer

See Votes by State

The map above displays the winning answer by region.

Fun

2014/12/22 06:28:02

Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions

More Community More Originals