"Michelle Obama needs to get off her fat ass..." says a local right winger I ran into today....good grief...

FindingHeartInThisCrazy World 2012/09/20 21:45:50
Michelle needs to make the Food Producers reduce their prices
Michelle is not responsible for making healthy food cheaper
OK...I am at the grocery store today looking for food items that are more healthy and I am standing next to a lady who is doing the same thing.

We start comparing notes and then discuss why healthier food costs more. We both decided it was not helpful because the significantly higher prices might keep some people from making healthy choices if their food budget is limited.

THEN the conversation turns to how it is Obama's fault...yes, Obama's fault!!

Apparently this right winger feels that Michelle Obama needs to "get off her fat ass and go after food producers who overcharge for healthier food". And Obama is somehow causing trouble for local governments (she lost me there...actually she lost me when she said Michelle needs to get off her fat ass and make the prices lower...so I am really lost now)

There are so many things wrong with her statement that my brain circuits went haywire and could not even unravel the ignorance, hatred and hypocracy of her statements. (I mean what about the right wing mantra "let the martket dictate prices/demand/supply/wealth distribution/immigration policy and on and on).

I really question how so many in the right can hold such hatred for 2 people who seem pretty ordinary, down to earth, ernest not to mention intelligent. How can people be filled with that much contempt? It really is astonishing to me. Ok, they are not your cup of tea...you prefer Republicans in leadership..AND/OR a black family in the whitehouse makes you uncomfortable...ok...but why the torrent hatred??

• LolaLee4 2012/11/05 13:16:22
  • Q 2012/09/23 05:57:57
    Q
    +1
    Yeah I met a nutter like that a few weeks back, I avoided eye contact with her and backed away very slowly...
  • Finding... Q 2012/09/23 14:50:10
  • Guru_T_Firefly 2012/09/21 02:31:19
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +2
    Right-wingers get dumber and dumber every day.
  • Finding... Guru_T_... 2012/09/21 03:26:02
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    it's a real drag to run into one that can't keep their dumb angry opinion to themselves...why do they feel compelled to blab about how victimized they feel?
  • Guru_T_... Finding... 2012/09/21 04:47:52
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +2
    I don't really know. Maybe it's because they had school issues (hated school, hated their teachers, etc.) or possibly learning disabilities? Either way, it appears that they're unable or unwilling to converse without also pushing their ignorance their hatred and their opinions onto others. Nationalism does that to people.
  • Finding... Guru_T_... 2012/09/21 16:44:37 (edited)
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +2
    i think they are afraid or powerless in their lives and can't contain it so it comes out in anger...for some reason black people are still easy targets for these folks...and gays, and women's rights

it could be about needing to control others so they can feel safe...anyway, it sucks to be around them
  • LolaLee4 Finding... 2012/11/05 13:17:51
  • Rammstein 2012/09/20 23:23:21
    Rammstein
    +1
    I was in a McDonalds the other da and this group of old people walk in and this lady goes "I gonna sit my back to the TV" other old lady "Why" "So I don't get mad" "Why" "I'll get mad unless he died" "Who" "Obama"

and I'm Like
    what meme
  • Finding... Rammstein 2012/09/20 23:31:27
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +1
    people are nuts...
  • LolaLee4 Rammstein 2012/11/05 13:18:23

2014/11/24 20:21:20