LOOK > Is This the Most Pointless Product Ever?

Canto 2012/05/01 21:47:51
Can someone tell me why ANYONE would buy 5-hour energy if they DIDN'T want 5 hours of energy? Unless you like the whole "disgusting medicine" taste, there's no way you actually drink this stuff for its taste.... 5-hour energy decaf: most pointless product ever!

5 hour energy

• mae 2012/05/01 22:13:25 (edited)
    LOL
    mae
    +5
    I have not tasted the citrus flavor, or tried the caffeine-free version.. I have taken 5-hour energy original since it hit markets, and have found it to be a safe and EFFECTIVE energy boost, that does last about 4 1/2-5 hours. If you experience niacin flush-or-rush, as do I, drink this product slowly, over ice, for some relief of that annoying side effect. 5-Hour Energy is a good product, does what it claims to do, and the original doesn't taste that bad. Just be ready for a noticable let-down at 5 hours--remedy this with some protein, carb, (-think: a tuna sandwich on whole wheat-)and a diet Pepsi. I like this product and have found no problems with it. The de-caf version uses choline as a caffeine replacement, which for many, may be even more effective than caffeine. Again, taking this product ice-cold, or over ice, will help with taste issues...as will chasing it with some Dove Chocolate!

• VERYwis... Jacksane 2012/05/02 02:27:23
    VERYwiseguy
    +1
    And it's not healthy that's why 100% is safe.
  • Jacksane VERYwis... 2012/05/02 03:15:28 (edited)
    Jacksane
    Actually, the only B vitamin that's unhealthy in high dosages (and we're talking greater than 2000%) is Niacin. B vitamins are water soluable, meaning any which is not used is just flushed out when you go to the washroom. 100% is just the amount a normal human body can absorb. For most B vitamins, having an excess won't hurt.
  • VERYwis... Jacksane 2012/05/02 17:14:32
    VERYwiseguy
    The AMA might know more than us. http://jama.ama-assn.org/cont... http://healthmad.com/alternat... http://www.nendrugalcoholtask... http://www.elements4health.co... Besides logic tells me too much of anything isn't good.
  • Jacksane VERYwis... 2012/05/02 17:33:37
    Jacksane
    Those are all about energy drinks, not 5 Hour Energy. Obviously high doses of caffeine are not healthy, but as I said, 5 Hour Energy relies on B vitamins. Try researching B vitamins. Niacin (I believe it's B6) is dangerous to your kidneys (or maybe it was liver) in extremely high doses (exceeding the amount in 5 Hour Energy) but most B vitamins pass harmlessly through your body.
  • VERYwis... Jacksane 2012/05/02 17:48:20
    VERYwiseguy
    It covers that also.Why are you justifying it's use when exercise,diet and sleep give you the energy you need? http://bodybuilding.epicsport... See at the bottom that means take at your own risk meaning if it hurts you you can't do anything about it.Btw 5 hr. energy is an energy drink concentrated.
  • Jacksane VERYwis... 2012/05/02 20:37:15
    Jacksane
    5 Hour Energy is not a conventional energy drink in that it does not utilize large doses of caffeine to produce energy.
    Proper diet, exercise, and sleep are luxuries for many people (for example, myself, because I work nearly full time and go to school full time and lack the money and time necessary to purchase and prepare healthy foods). I'm not defending the drink itself, I'm annoyed that you seem to be ignorant about it.
    I can't watch the video at the moment because I am on a public computer and lack headphones.
  • VERYwis... Jacksane 2012/05/02 20:44:48
    VERYwiseguy
    You're ignorant for not reading up on 5 hr. energy it's basically the same animal with less caffeine.That one Dr. explained what the viamins in a drink like that does to you.Luxury lol I did what you're doing without 5 hr. energy.I worked full time physical labor paid for my own college for many years.Stay in school and read up on it and not on some bias site but from the medical profession.There's more to the story than you realize.Peace
  • Jacksane VERYwis... 2012/05/02 20:51:01
    Jacksane
    I don't get my information from one doctor who's degree I can't even verify. All I have to do is check a few chemistry/biology text books to know what B vitamins do to the human body. I'm not claiming to know everything, just to have a better understanding of the topic than you.
  • VERYwis... VERYwis... 2012/05/02 21:03:57
    VERYwiseguy
    You should drop out you blocking bone head I know biology also and B vitamins that's not the point it's how many,how consumed,how concentrated,how often and and array of other things that most Dr's agree on yeah the AMA isn't qualified but you are lmfao.You can't even take what you dish out you're a coward and choose to remain willfully ignorant.Book smart with no common sense.That's why our country is 17th in education worldwide.Someone that calls you ignorant back at you and ends with peace you block.MAYBE you're stressing from too much 5 hr. energy snake oil.
  • RicardoCabeza 2012/05/02 01:24:31
    No, 5-hour energy is yummy!
    RicardoCabeza
    +2
    Hell, I do not drink that stuff, what ever happened to trucker pills and putting thumb tacks in your shorts?
  • ★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/05/02 01:24:03
    Yes, so pointless!
    ★~DoctorWhoGuru~★
    +3
    I never use it and never will.
  • Vision of Verve 2012/05/02 00:24:52
  • brutusin~ Proud Apetheist 2012/05/02 00:17:37
    LOL
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
    +3
    It doesn't contain the caffeine but it still contains the Vitamin B's that give you energy.
  • Juliet 2012/05/02 00:05:00
    LOL
    Juliet
    +3
    perhaps it gets its energy from another source other than caffeine? i have never seen it before and haven't seen the ingredients so i cant tell. perhaps it has Guarana in it instead.
  • brutusi... Juliet 2012/05/02 00:18:57
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
    +3
    Guarana is just caffeine as well. It uses a Vitamin B complex to stimulates your metabolism.
  • Juliet brutusi... 2012/05/02 00:28:49
    Juliet
    +1
    heres me thinking caffeine only came from coffee lolol
    derp
  • brutusi... Juliet 2012/05/02 04:31:16 (edited)
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
    +1
    It's ok it took me awhile to figure it out as well. :)
  • mae brutusi... 2012/05/02 01:57:27
    mae
    +1
    Correct--amundo, Brutusin. It kills me every time I see ingredients lists prefaced with the phrase " Contains No Caffeine!" and then it has a boatload of guarana in it. Liars.
  • ♣Tanor Zeta Faux♣ 2012/05/01 23:47:24
    LOL
    ♣Tanor Zeta Faux♣
    +3
    Well 5-hour Energy isn't meant to be an energy drink or energy shot, it's meant to be an energy supplement. Drinking this and drinking a Monster, Red Bull or whatever will have different effects. 5-Hr Energy has a multitude of B-vitamins and other minerals that help you gain energy without caffeine or sugar. 5-hr Energy is for those that just require a modest amount of energy to get work done, not for casual usage. (You must abide the labels when you take supplements.)

You see, drinking just one (or two if you really need it) of those shots will be enough. You can get yourself hurt if you overdose on this stuff. There's a lot of niacin in these supplements. Niacin is an important mineral (along with Iron) to help the blood flow. When you drink one of these, and you suddenly feel itchy...that's just the niacin working. This helps getting the vitamins and minerals into your system faster.

There's no crash when you drink this stuff because there's hardly any sugar nor caffeine. This stuff exits your body like normal nutrients do: in the toilet. Once it does it's 5 hours or so, your body will gently start losing energy, not crash to a stop.

I once had a few of these before, I agree with you on the taste (You're supposed to knock it back, because the bitter taste buds are in...

I once had a few of these before, I agree with you on the taste (You're supposed to knock it back, because the bitter taste buds are in the back of the tongue), but it did help me. It's medicine, not a drink. That's like eating TUMS or drinking cough syrup or pepto bismo just because you "like it". You're just spelling trouble with all-caps there.
  • Wolfgirl 2012/05/01 23:42:30
    LOL
    Wolfgirl
    +2
    I laugh every time I see people drinking this! It's nothing but a silly little drink that does nothing! The best way to get energy is to do it the natural way...EAT FOOD!
  • VERYwis... Wolfgirl 2012/05/02 02:28:01
    VERYwiseguy
    REALLY! lmfao
  • Rave Wolfgirl 2012/05/02 14:21:19
    Rave
    I get sleepy if I eat during the day. Doesn't work for me, no time to go for a workout in the middle of the day either, I don't sleep all that well at night because of insomnia. Energy drinks and caffeine are probably the only reason I'm not a hobo right now.
  • FencerCat 2012/05/01 23:29:35
    Yes, so pointless!
    FencerCat
    +2
    I tried it once. Drank the whole bottle because I didn't know you were only supposed to drink a portion of it... it did absolutely nothing! What a waste of money.
  • VERYwis... FencerCat 2012/05/02 02:30:35
    VERYwiseguy
    +1
    Me too I drink 10 cups of coffee a day have used diet pills,meth,coke etc...Energy my ass,it's probably because the youth today are so lazy that they don't realize what natural energy is it comes from exercise and diet. Sober at that age I was bouncing off the walls with energy.
  • shadowgirl 2012/05/01 23:28:37
    No, 5-hour energy is yummy!
    shadowgirl
    +2
    Well, its soul purpose is to provide energy.
  • NoHandlebarsAttached 2012/05/01 23:15:50
  • jacob crim 2012/05/01 23:15:41
    LOL
    jacob crim
    +3
    But lets not forget this classic pointless product

airborne tablets
  • Adam jacob crim 2012/05/02 00:42:58
    Adam
    +2
    I cannot express how loudly my BS meter goes off when I look at the, "Created by a school teacher" line. I mean, respect to teachers everywhere, absolutely, but it might as well say "created by a real live musician". Unless that school teacher got the job via a distinguished career in medicine and pharmacuticals, I don't want to hear it.
  • joe mauro 2012/05/01 23:01:07
    Yes, so pointless!
    joe mauro
  • Biki~pwcm/potl~ 2012/05/01 22:56:55
    Yes, so pointless!
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +1
    WTF!!! Why bother trying to gag it down???
  • Figment 2012/05/01 22:23:52 (edited)
    LOL
    Figment
    +3
    It doesn't work all that well- unless you're extremely sleep deprived. Perhaps the vitamin C is meant to give one energy?
  • Adam Figment 2012/05/02 00:47:58
    Adam
    +1
    No, it's the B vitamins, whose job it is to help the body metabolize energy (Among other things).They are water soluble vitamins, so they only last for so long inside your body.
  • mae 2012/05/01 22:13:25 (edited)
    LOL
    mae
    +5
  • ♣Tanor ... mae 2012/05/01 23:55:09
    ♣Tanor Zeta Faux♣
    +1
    I agree with you on the stuff, you can't overdo it with 5-Hr Energy as you could probably do over a couple Monsters/Rockstars/Red Bulls. I've tried these and it did what it did for me and I don't even like taking energy drinks anyway. =) I'd rather drink coffee than those big cans of jokes.
  • mae ♣Tanor ... 2012/05/02 00:54:49
    mae
    +1
    agree, Starbucks catches up to me and I get indigestion. Luckily, the 5-hour was just enough oomph.
  • S123 mae 2012/05/02 18:24:57
    S123
    +1
    What is choline?
  • mae S123 2012/05/03 06:06:44 (edited)
    mae
    Its main function is being the precursor molecule for the neurotransmiiter acetylcholine-hence, it is necessary for nerve function and transmission of impulses to muscles via brain and spinal tissues. Choline seems to work with folate and B vitamins, and an amino acid, protects the liver from fatty build-up, and improves memory, especially in older adults and young children. Our bodies make a certain amount of choline from amino acids, enough for normal body functions, but it is felt that we all could benefit from more choline in the diet. Not a lot is known about all the functions of choline besides being the precursor for acetylcholine, neurotransmission, and muscle function and memory, but it is being widely studied world-wide as it seems to have a myriad of benefits to humans. Source: Googled 'choline'...sorry for this shamefuly short synopsis of this life-sustaining molecule.,,suffice to say--no choline, no heartbeat, no breathing.
  • S123 mae 2012/05/03 18:27:10
    S123
    +1
    Thanks! Sounds good.
  • brittany mae 2012/05/02 21:25:11
    brittany
    +1
    I now know how to take a 5 hour energy properly
  • QueenChyna 2012/05/01 22:00:11
    LOL
    QueenChyna
    +5
    If people went to sleep early, they wouldn't have to worry complaining about how disgusting it is.

2014/10/24 07:07:02