Listen to this! what you think ?

Swan Eshdeh 2013/02/04 18:53:26
Related Topics: Language

• DANNY59 2013/02/05 13:45:47
    i like it!
    DANNY59
    +1
    Very beautiful Swan. For me the language is not an issue. I've been a guitar player most of my life, so when I listen to music I sometimes pay no attention to the lyrics, I'm listening to the instruments. Is this singer popular in Jordan? She does have a beautiful voice.
  • Swan Es... DANNY59 2013/02/05 20:13:21
    Swan Eshdeh
    +1
    yes ,she is popular in the whole Arab words.i translated the song below you can see.

and yes indeed ,her voice is sweet.
  • ruthannhausman 2013/02/04 20:35:01
    i like it!
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    Basically, I did like the music itself and the sound of her voice. And someone in the comments was kind enough to translate, so that was good. Because I don't usually listen to songs in foreign languages because I don't understand what they're saying and that takes away my enjoyment. Not only that but, of course, nowadays you could be humming along to just about any kind of rhetoric and not know it just because the voice and music are good.

And speaking of "foreign languages," I likewise don't listen to rap music because I don't understand what is being said. I can recall when rap first came out and I liked the general, overall beat and rhythm of it. Then I was at a party tapping my toes to a catchy tune and my friend asked me if I knew what was being said. I said no and then she "translated" for me and I almost went into shock. It was filthy!

But also important to me in listening to music and songs is knowing what the lyrics are saying and getting in tune with the song's theme. So it's not that I don't like this gal's voice or the background music, I just can't share the emotional involvement that I like to have when I listen to music.

I guess you've figured out by now I don't listen to a whole lot of music anymore.
  • Swan Es... ruthann... 2013/02/04 20:41:33
    Swan Eshdeh
    ok i see.and i am the same one who translated it below.thank you !!!
  • ruthann... Swan Es... 2013/02/06 18:10:07
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    Ah,and I see you're from Jordan. Allow me to thank you personally for that translation. As I said, I liked the lady's voice and the sound of the music. And your translation allowed me to listen all the way through. But, again, it's hard to "share" someone's music (between her and me) when I don't understand the lyrics.

That's probably why I don't go to operas, even though I absolutely love hearing opera singers' voices. They'll act out entire plays and I just lose the "emotion" that should be forthcoming with a well-written/sung opera.

Honestly, I feel it is MY loss because all of this music and the singers' voices are so beautiful. I just can't get "into" it, though, because of language. Isn't that a shame? Wish I could change it but I can't at this late date. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the beauty of it, though. Screwy answer, I know. Sorry.
  • Swan Es... ruthann... 2013/02/06 18:15:11
    Swan Eshdeh
    no,its ok its not a shame
    i want to say i am sorry for the bad english in translation .i wanted to translate letterely to make the the translation so close the listener ,but i felt i madeit much complicated.and in fact the song words are hard even in Arabic although it modern but its a poem orginally .
  • David 2013/02/04 19:58:25
    i like it!
    David
    +2
    Here is a traditional Scottish song.
  • Jesterz 2013/02/04 19:22:36
    i like it!
    Jesterz
    +1
    But I prefer this style... Amazing Tunisian band!! The rythm and oriental scales go so well with progressive-metal rock... ;o)

• bill.fleming.77 2013/02/04 19:22:17
    i like it!
    bill.fleming.77
    +1
    beautiful, Like an Arabic Sade
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2013/02/04 19:10:53
    i like it!
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +2
    Beautiful song. Can you translate????
  • Swan Es... bags th... 2013/02/04 20:09:14
    Swan Eshdeh
    +2
    the song's name is "ela mata" by the syrian singer Asalah Nasri .
    (i will transalte letteraly)
    "ela mata ya jarh qalbi btoja " ..till when my heart wound shall hurt ,,,
    "ela mata w assabri ma lah ma'ak had" till when and the patience has no limits
    "ela mata mal lil khata othr moqne" till when and the mistake (you made) has no persuasive excuses
    "ela mata wel aselah ma lah rad" till when and these questions has no answers

*repeat*
    00:54 "maho mohem eldami lil eani yerja walla yeteh w telhaqah rahati el yad"
    its not important that the tears go back to the eye (stop crying) or even the palm of the hands placed on the face (bemoans )
    the important thing is that the tears dried on the face
    *repeat*

1:56 "Yalli teharra damiti ma twaqa bade ell swat bakik men jed"
    "my tears weren't excpected ...after what you did ...that really made the one cry"
    2:8
    "tabt aghed el tarf wel ene tedm
    a "
    i got tired turning a blind eye and still the eye cry"
    "w edme yeghsel sharhiti wa ettejadad"
    "that tears wash my sadness every time it falls

*repeat*

3:16"ma tefreq dmoi teteh arba arba walla teteh azwaji we showlah ed"
    "madamaha tahat wala adi tetla welli bega menha ala rahati alyad"

"it won't make a diffirence if i cried four tears or pair of tears (if i cried much or less ),why i have to count .as long as my tears fall down and the rest of them remain on the palm of my hand .

*repeat*
  • carl Swan Es... 2013/02/04 20:50:05
    carl
    +1
    Sweet song
  • Swan Es... carl 2013/02/04 20:53:00
    Swan Eshdeh
    +1
    thank you
  • bags th... Swan Es... 2013/02/05 00:58:03
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    Beautiful... Thank you Swan.
  • Swan Es... bags th... 2013/02/05 10:21:59
    Swan Eshdeh
    you are welcome
    :)
  • Kezzi Morris 2013/02/04 18:54:14
    mmm...which language?
    Kezzi Morris
    +1
    what language?
  • Swan Es... Kezzi M... 2013/02/04 18:55:18
    Swan Eshdeh
    +2
    Arabic ...
    you like it?
  • Kezzi M... Swan Es... 2013/02/04 18:57:16

2014/10/23 22:00:37