Libs often call Conservatives racists for criticizing Barack Obama. If the Lord granted a miracle causing Obama to realize the errors of his ways and he became a Republican, do you think those "racist" Conservatives would vote Democrat against him?

tncdel 2012/04/27 19:41:56

• Maddog 2012/05/10 15:21:16
    NO [explain why you think not].
    Maddog
    Calling yourself a Republican does not automatically make you a conservative. Libs love to use such emtionally-toned linguistic tags like "racist", "sexist", "homophobe", etc. Such name calling is merely their impotent response to an argument when they lack an intelligent response.
  • Beanybudd 2012/05/08 17:22:47
    YES [tell us why you think so].
    Beanybudd
    I actually don't know how to answer this. But I have delicious food for thought!

In college biology we were discussing race and how it's actually non existent. Completely an illogical cultural phenomenon. I can't remember precisely how to explain it but it was interesting. It's simply put a change in allele frequencies in populations over time in order to increase fitness for survival and increasing probability into producing thriving offspring.

Onto the main topic; Since Obama is "50% white" but then "50% black", what would happen if Obama did claim to be white instead of black? Would people claim him to be a liar then too, since clearly he doesn't have the typical Caucasian skin color? Wouldn't accusations of a false birth certificate still be there? Doesn't he appear to be, at least phenotypically, more colored (closer to being culturally named black) than white since he does have darker pigment?

The main point of that perspective is that being a certain race is completely by choice of an individual and their social culture. If you believe you are more white or more black, who is really up for arguing against that?

With that in perspective, either argument about the "race card" seems humorously invalid. Cuz I mean, if Obama claimed to be white, wouldn't people of oppos...

With that in perspective, either argument about the "race card" seems humorously invalid. Cuz I mean, if Obama claimed to be white, wouldn't people of opposite political beliefs just have a distaste for him simply for possessing opposing beliefs to theirs? Idk, I don't see the problem. Either you agree or don't. In conclusion, debating his race is just a waste of breath since it is completely up to individualistic cultural belief of what determines ones own race.
  • Joey 2012/04/28 13:53:01
    YES [tell us why you think so].
    Joey
    +1
    Obama is very right leaning . However he is treated like the most left person ever . For example the issue that the Right is upset the most about seem to be ObamaCare. But this was republican idea.

This was called the Health Equity and Access Reform Today Act of 1993 , and Consumer Choice Security Act of 1994. Romney even said in the op ed that Obama should take

He has come down hard on drugs like most Republicans sans Ron Paul are.

He has taken out a number of terrorist , and moved to other locations.
  • jc 2012/04/28 11:21:15
    NO [explain why you think not].
    jc
    I just had a liberal ask me if I was prejudice against blacks.I just laughed at them and moved on.For those who understand,no explanation is necessary.For those who don't understand ,no explanation is possible. liberals ignorant
  • Chef Bunyan 2012/04/28 04:50:32
    NO [explain why you think not].
    Chef Bunyan
    This will NEVER happen!
  • mac9 2012/04/28 03:03:29
    NO [explain why you think not].
    mac9
    Obama is dilusional. He would never see the errors of his ways.
  • Borat Obama 2012/04/28 01:44:05
    YES [tell us why you think so].
    Borat Obama
    Let me put it this way. If I was a Liberal Scumbag. I will not vote for any tax saving Conservatives. They will force me to find work. I will vote for a Liberal Democrat president who will make sure I depended on the government welfare. In fact they will make sure I get increases in benefits while you do all the working and paying higher taxes.
  • ruthannhausman 2012/04/28 00:17:20
    NO [explain why you think not].
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    Nowhere does it say that being a conservative automatically enrolls you as honorary KKK member! Give it a break, people, and cut the stupid remarks about Obama's race. His inexperience, his Marxist leanings, his lies and distortions, his blind allegiance to as-yet-unproven Green solutions to the environment, his open distaste for fossil fuels in America and his promise to bankrupt the entire industry -- which he has thus far met with some notable success -- his lack of economic sensibilities, his lack of pride in America, his apologizing to the world for America's history -- aw, heck, there's too much to list. But those are the reasons we conservatives are against Obama. He and his inept leadership are killing the United States of America and attempting to create the United States of Europe, which already has proven to be disastrous. But he won't learn. He won't listen. He's had his chance. Now get rid of him and put somebody in who can handle the job better. And knock off the stupid "racist" rhetoric. It's archaic, overused, abused and totally inaccurate. Get a damned life!
  • Joey ruthann... 2012/04/28 13:19:42
    Joey
    Oil production is up under Obama as well as there profits . SO how is he hurting the oil industry?
  • ruthann... Joey 2012/04/29 19:12:45
    ruthannhausman
    Oil production commenced during the Bush administration. Not a single federal land permit has been issued by Obama, who has sworn to eliminate all fossil fuel production in America. And he promised us -- yes, promised us -- in a very emotional speech if I recall correctly, that he would drive energy prices up so high that we won't be able to afford them anymore and his alternative energy would take over. Of course he has also proven to us that his alternative energy is not yet ready for normal human consumption in the quantities or efficiencies or prices that common Americans can afford, but he doesn't care. He has promised to bankrupt the coal industry -- and, by God, he has succeeded in that quite nicely thus far, as several big refineries have been shut down. He doesn't give a rat's ass how many people lost their jobs, how may other people lost their revenues due to the loss of those jobs/incomes. He just wants to ram this dream of his down the throats of America and then he can stand up and claim what a prophetic genius he is and how he deserves to be the King.

And don't get all giggly and slap-happy over my using that term King. Or Monarch or God or whatever. The man has already pushed through 35 executive orders. There are 318 pending. You know, executive orders...

And don't get all giggly and slap-happy over my using that term King. Or Monarch or God or whatever. The man has already pushed through 35 executive orders. There are 318 pending. You know, executive orders don't you? The instrument which enables the president to bypass the Congress? And the will of the people?

Obama has made absolutely no secret about his plans for oil in this country. But he is also a consummate politician. His people have read the reports and seen the figures about oil production and the fact that there have been some small steps in the right direction because of the current oil production in the United States. Therefore, the little bastard is going to lay claim to all the glory for that pitiful advancement in our economy. But make no mistake, kiddo, the overall plan is still in progress. Google oil refineries in the United States. See how many we had, how many we have and the current economic status of those remaining. Duh.

Meanwhile, there are other available sources of renewable energy located all over the United States. Job Heaven. Energy Heaven. $$$ Heaven. But Obama has put the stops on all of it, claiming there is a need for more time to investigate and study the ecological impact, blah, blah, blah, and the permits still are not being issued, businesses are still not getting built, people still are not being hired, collateral effects still are stymied.

Open your eyes. See what the man is really doing. Dig into the subject matters. He is a personable man. He likewise is very good at speaking the language of the crowd he is addressing at any time. Just examine his promises carefully.
  • Joey ruthann... 2012/04/29 19:20:35
    Joey
    The permits are not being issued ? This is just not true .

http://www.politifact.com/rho...
  • ruthann... Joey 2012/05/01 23:24:39
    ruthannhausman
    Public lands, not off-shore. Land. And I still stand on what I said about his motivations. Note that much of his "thinking processes" don't end until after November 2012. Hmmmm.
  • Joey ruthann... 2012/05/01 23:47:15
    Joey
    crude oil production on public lands onshore is at at its highest level since 2003.
  • ruthann... Joey 2012/05/02 15:18:11
    ruthannhausman
    Joey, Joey, Joey, I give up. Have it your way. Yes, we're rolling in oil. Nah, the Prez hasn't stopped new onshore drilling permits, golly, they're being issued by the millions. Lots of jobs generated. Shoot, what must I have been thinking, anyway?
  • Joey ruthann... 2012/05/02 15:20:20
    Joey
    I backed up my claims with facts , you use rhetoric and sarcasm.
  • ruthann... Joey 2012/05/02 22:31:05
    ruthannhausman
    You backed your claims with distorted facts and figures. I used sarcasm -- not rhetoric -- to get you off my back. Evidently sarcasm doesn't work with you.
  • Joey ruthann... 2012/05/03 01:47:00
    Joey
    I am not on your back . I am just pointing out that I used facts to back up my claims . How is that being on your back . You can either just keep saying I am wrong with nothing to back you up, or you can shut me up and prove that I am wrong .
  • ruthann... Joey 2012/05/03 12:32:14
    ruthannhausman
    Oh, for Pete's sake, Joey. What facts did you use that I did not oppose and back up myself? I've gotten lost here. So let's just clean the blasted slate and bring it on. What facts are you so proudly bandying about that I need to factually dispute? 'Twill be me pleasure to prove you wrong, me darlin'!
  • Butterfly 2012/04/28 00:15:41
    NO [explain why you think not].
    Butterfly
    No, because we hate his policy's and his acting like a dictator, then all that bowing down to the middle east, and well, BEING CORRUPT.
  • H H 2012/04/27 22:27:36
    YES [tell us why you think so].
    H H
    +2
    There are too many factors to provide a good answer to this one. If one is a true conservative, they are necessarily White and realistic about race. I would vote against BO no matter what he said or what political party he claimed. It is no mere coincidence that the poorest countries with the worst governments are also dark countries. Likewise, the decline of America over the past few decades has paralleled the decline of America's White demographic. People who talk about skin color don't get it that race is far, far more than skin color.
  • Ty ~ PHAET H H 2012/04/29 09:11:59 (edited)
    Ty ~ PHAET
    +1
    I guess that explains all those crime-ridden countries with poor government in Eastern Europe, where black people are few and far between.
  • Latti I... H H 2012/04/29 10:07:22 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Yeah like Eastern Europe; you are pathetic.
  • Red_Horse 2012/04/27 21:41:09
    NO [explain why you think not].
    +1
    He'd have to step down because he's not a natural born citizen. But if he really did turn round and "rat out" all the un-Constitutional things in which he has had a hand, I'd certainly say that people should listen.
  • Gooky 2012/04/27 20:39:53
    NO [explain why you think not].
    Gooky
    +3
    Because i don't hate his color,i hate what he's doing to all races.
  • TuringsChild 2012/04/27 20:27:28
    NO [explain why you think not].
    TuringsChild
    +5
    I voted for Alan Keys LONG before anyone ever heard of Obama. I don't care if he's purple or green. I'll vote against Authoritarians and Progressives every time.
  • Howler 2012/04/27 20:16:19
    NO [explain why you think not].
    Howler
    +3
    At least this conservative would not vote against him -- Not because he changed parties, but because he might see the error of his ways and start embracing the preservation of individual freedom & liberty.

But I do not expect such to happen.
  • apostate 2012/04/27 19:59:46
    NO [explain why you think not].
    apostate
    +3
    Satan wouldn't stoop so low.

Obama knows he's f*cked up.

He;s a weak pussy that has caved at near every opposition from the GOP.
  • johnc 2012/04/27 19:52:35
    NO [explain why you think not].
    johnc
    +5
    Have worked with and know too many persons of color to blame Obamas race for his incompetence.

Only liberals and democrats have that opinion that his racial makeup is the reason for his incompetence

NOBAMA 2012
  • Stryder 2012/04/27 19:48:39
    NO [explain why you think not].
    Stryder
    +5
    This is the mother of all hypotheticals.
  • Opinionated-Conservative 2012/04/27 19:48:11
    NO [explain why you think not].
    Opinionated-Conservative
    +7
    Using Obama's race to demonize the Republicans is much easier for them than having an educated debate.
  • COCO 2012/04/27 19:46:39
    NO [explain why you think not].
    COCO
    +5
    See how they attacked Herman Cain?see how they always attacked Allen West? no they wouldn't vote for them because they don't like blacks or other ethnic group who decide to leave their plantation and actually began thinking for themselves,but off course they wouldn't be called racists.
    YES [tell us why you think so].
    +3
    I was 100% for Herman Cain prior to the left attack on him herman cain
  • tncdel Mike 2012/04/27 19:49:58 (edited)
    tncdel
    +3
    I've been supporting Allen West instead. Although West will only have two years political experience in Congress, Cain has had none. Plus Cain, unlike West, was unable to win an election in his own home state. So how could he be expected to carry a national election?

And of course there's that "little" matter of Cain lacking the integrity and character West possesses as well.

2014/10/24 14:44:35