It's midnight and someone's knocking at your door. What do you do?

êļļĴáŸê 2009/05/03 06:07:15
I turn out the lights and don't answer.
I ask "who's there?"
I open the door.
I call the police.
I freeze.
This really just happened to me 5 minutes ago!!!

• JSTEARNS 2013/06/22 18:56:28
    JSTEARNS
    happened yesterday i just put my baby to sleep. all of a sudden this old crazy lookin guy who yelled at me the other day when i was outside on MY PROPERTY showed up and kept banging on my door. so my dog barks like trained grab the 40 the 9 and ar 15 load them all right next to the door. set em down pick up my baby stand there with the ar 15 he goes to back and knocks on door for 15 minutes. by the way he parked next to a no tresspassing private property sign sayin ur in range. and contined to knock on my door when no car was in drive way. yeah gives me a reeason to fire a shot out the window at the ground he finally left and i was watchin him out the window look at me. if your on my property n ur not our friendly neighbors or fam then expect to hear 20 guns load. ill load em all when im a female home alone with my infant while husband is at work. needless to say my husband is gonna give him the talk of his life.... or i will
  • Lolington Lolers 2012/08/09 05:59:07
    I open the door.
    Lolington Lolers
    ...In my gimp suit. Unless it's the police. They're no fun.
  • Asta Kelly 2011/10/28 20:07:35
    I turn out the lights and don't answer.
    Asta Kelly
    This actually happened last night.
  • Taylor 2010/02/06 10:10:24
    I open the door.
    Taylor
    ... and tell them that I am 'entertaining' a guest- hoping desperately for them to become so uncomfortable that they are forced to leave.
  • spinnaeker 2009/06/18 10:49:49
    spinnaeker
    +1
    This happened to me once, and will never happen again. Someone knocked on my window at 4 in the morning for two days, but on the third day I was waiting. I popped'em about 20 times with my paintball gun, and they never came back, but what can I say, I am an ex-special warfare operator.
  • Moonchild 2009/05/16 16:20:41
    Moonchild
    The dogs always go off when someone knocks on the door, and my security screen door is always locked, so I'd open the solid door. If someone is potentially up to no good, they'll think twice when confronted with two dogs trying to get past the solid door (one of them still going off her head barking because she has no 'off switch')...or I'd just ignore it, depending on how I felt on the night. If my keys are in my room on the other side of the house, I'll ask them who it is first or look out the window or both. (the solid door is always deadbolted)
    BTW, the person on the other side of the door is 99.9% guaranteed not to be carrying a gun here in Aus. so the threat level is vastly reduced and if you have a security screen door, you're pretty safe to open the solid door.
  • Rerox 2009/05/07 02:31:39
    I open the door.
    Rerox
    +1
    but first I look through the peephole...
  • emily 2009/05/05 18:18:06
    I ask "who's there?"
    emily
    +1
    Actually I stumble around, tell the cat and dogs to move, look out and see if I can see a car.
    It isn't unusual for me to have company at midnight. My girlfriend has arrived at that hour many times.
    It would be unusual for it to be a stranger. My yard is dark and I have dogs that don't sound friendly.
    If someone knocks Saturday morning I ignore it.
  • WORLDPEACE 2009/05/05 02:17:20
    WORLDPEACE
    +1
    I live in an apartment, so I look out my little peephole to decide if I will answer the door. Easy!
  • turkey pepperoni 2009/05/04 17:32:37
    turkey pepperoni
  • êļļĴáŸê turkey ... 2009/05/04 17:44:25
    êļļĴáŸê
    +1
    Weird picture!
  • turkey ... êļļĴáŸê 2009/05/04 17:49:06
    turkey pepperoni
    +1
    thanx. i sort of looks like my gentleman, too!
  • DemonKiTTiE ♥ In MUSE I Tru... 2009/05/04 17:15:18
    DemonKiTTiE ♥ In MUSE I Trust ♥
    +1
    If they are banging on it I would call the cops. If they were a friend they would know to let me know it's them and talk to me through the door. We live in an apartment with the benefit of a peep hole, so I would look through that.
  • tralee 2009/05/04 08:15:28
    tralee
    +1
    crap witness protection f-d up again!!!
  • êļļĴáŸê tralee 2009/05/04 17:45:03
    êļļĴáŸê
    haha!
  • Denise 2009/05/04 05:44:15
    Denise
    +2
    I knock back and hope the other party is trained in Morse code.
  • tralee Denise 2009/05/04 08:13:48
    tralee
    +1
    lmaso!!! i've done that!!!
  • êļļĴáŸê Denise 2009/05/04 17:45:41
    êļļĴáŸê
    Funny!
  • Jon 2009/05/04 02:22:46
    I turn out the lights and don't answer.
    Jon
    +1
    More accurately, I leave the lights off, ignore them and continue sleeping. Unless it's the police, they'll go away after awhile. lights answer accurately leave lights ignore continue sleeping police awhile
  • Peggy 2009/05/04 01:54:38
    Peggy
    +1
    I would make sure the alarm is set. Peek out the window (grown children show up at all hours). If I know the person I yell through the door "What the hell do you want?" "It's midnight and you better have a damn good reason for ringing that bell!" IF I do not know the person, I call the police. Now, realize in a city of 200,000 police (any emergency call) is responded to in under three minutes.
  • NickName his Dudeness 2009/05/04 01:50:24
    NickName his Dudeness
    Figure out who the hell they are before I decide. If I don't know them, they better have a pretty damn good reason. If I open the door, and I feel threatened, I have the legal right to end their life.
  • hatshepsut123 2009/05/03 23:48:47
    hatshepsut123
    +1
    see thry the "py hole" who i it, and if it is someone i know, i will open the door, otherwise ill just lock the door and wait the man to leave.
    sometimes drunk students knock on my door by mistake, they are looking their friends who live next to me.
  • Brosia 2009/05/03 22:33:01
    I ask "who's there?"
    Brosia
    +1
    It all depends on if I am planning on company. My ex drops off the child support when he gets off of work at close to 11pm. Other wise, I listen through the door and tell them to go away.
  • YUM-YUM51 2009/05/03 21:25:56
    YUM-YUM51
    +1
    i just cus htem the crap out
  • scotty 2009/05/03 20:58:07
    scotty
    +1
    load the shotgun. wait, i don't have a shotgun.

i hide and look out a window to see who it might be.
  • I ask "who's there?"
    R.P. Bliss.::ρнαɛт::.►Ѳиɛ Ħιт Яαɢɛ Ǫʋιт◄
    +1
    *brings out the shotgun* Who's there? ^_^
  • Nanz 2009/05/03 19:12:03
    I turn out the lights and don't answer.
    Nanz
    +1
    usually I am still up but if they did knock I would not answer because I would be lazy as hell to even turn the knob or say Wat da hell do ya want! lol
  • Vixenated 2009/05/03 18:23:31
    I freeze.
    Vixenated
    +1
    I think my rottweiler and bull mastiff can handle that problem. I would, however, poke my head through a window out of sight from them, see who it is, and keep a phone with me close at hand.
  • 2Loquacious 2009/05/03 17:53:47
    I ask "who's there?"
    2Loquacious
    +3
    Well, if my 100lb Akita's barking didn't scare them away I'd know that they're either a friend or someone in trouble.
    100lb akitas barking scare friend trouble
    Excellent security alarm.
  • sky blue pink - American 2009/05/03 17:46:16
    I call the police.
    sky blue pink - American
    +1
    for you and your family's safety.
  • Gibby 2009/05/03 17:45:03
    Gibby
    +1
    See who it is . if I don't know them the fire a warining shot that usally does it.
  • êļļĴáŸê Gibby 2009/05/03 18:21:32
    êļļĴáŸê
    ..and put a hole in your ceiling?
  • Gibby êļļĴáŸê 2009/05/03 19:41:41
    Gibby
    +1
    Ya thats right . I shoot a hole in the ceiling! We don't have windows here. God help us all.
  • Ruby Slippers awaits volunt... 2009/05/03 17:40:51 (edited)
    I ask "who's there?"
    Ruby Slippers awaits voluntary deactivation
    +1
    That happened to me recently. Scared me, but it was a fireman who was knocking on everyone's door saying smoke had been reported in our neighborhood. I asked who it was and he said fire dept. I wasn't sure if it was true, but did open the door and it was true. Still I hate opening the door so late. Once someone was banging on my door at five in the morning and really scared me, but he was a repo man looking for hte people who used to live in the house to repo their car. I was really ticked off and scared too. I guess they moved and left no forwarding address I had bought the hosue from my brother who had been renting it out to people he had to evict. They left a real mes behind for me to clean up too, so I already didn't like them! LOL
  • êļļĴáŸê Ruby Sl... 2009/05/03 18:26:40 (edited)
    êļļĴáŸê
    +1
    My house was a foreclosure, but was empty for a couple of years before I bought it. When I moved in, collectors swarmed on me! ..as if I'm going to pay the person's debts?
    Somebody even had a private investigator stake out my house for about a week sleeping in his car parked out front! He scared the shit out me once when I opened a curtain and he had his face pressed against the window.
  • Ruby Sl... êļļĴáŸê 2009/05/03 19:40:55
    +1
    That's crazy, like they think just becaus you live there you knew the people who lived there before you or you are trying to hide something! I told that repo guy to go look in my garage if he wanted to, it was my car and it was paid for! When I was in college and about to graduate, I started having people come to my door at my apt. looking for this girl I used to work with! she never had lived with me, but was using my address without my knowledge and writing bad checks all over town! I could not believe it. She was trying to hide the that she was living with someone her family would not approve of, a really creepy guy who stole stff and sold drugs. Oncea lady came to the door and I was so sick of it, I said Debbie does not live here, nevr has and is living with some guy in such and such a part of town. I just figured it was another person looking for their money. It was her grandmother it turned out and the family had been ooking for her because they could not ge tn touch with her. I thought oh well, I just spilled the beans, but she should not have been going around using my address without my permission and writing bad checks in the first place. It was weird. I tried to backtrack a little and I didn't tell her exactly where her granddaughter was living. Sometimes you get stuck holding the bad for what other people have done in the past.
  • The Dinker 2009/05/03 17:33:56 (edited)
  • Wern 2009/05/03 17:16:36
    Wern
    +1
    I've got 15 friends that would love to open the door, and say hi. (Just in case)

ive 15 friends love open door case
  • Kennedy1st 2009/05/03 16:45:04
    I call the police.
    Kennedy1st
    +2
    That has happened.It was 2:00 am and someone started pounding at my door.It scared the crap out of me.I called the police and they arrested him.They called me,in the morning,and said he had a buck knife conceled on him.They asked him why and he said he was waiting for a woman to open the door.That was a very scary situation.
    Kennedy
  • êļļĴáŸê Kennedy1st 2009/05/03 17:20:51
    êļļĴáŸê
    Wow!

2014/11/23 05:49:37