Is UBI Payment Services a scam?

Julie 2008/08/09 18:14:17
I received a "Guaranteed Delivery Statement" from UBI Payment Services stating that I would receive $5,000.00 for answering this really elementary question. Letter states that it is a "contest of skill" not a lottery, game of chance or gambling. It further states "There is no purchase, payment or contribution necessary to enter or win". Further stating that "I" am the "sole and rightful owner of the $5,000.00"

• Charles 2010/03/10 00:06:36
    Charles
    +5
    People, UBI means; Uninteligent Bastad Idiots. So do not fall for those idiots, they want to reap where they did not sow.

• nlourdes 2012/09/08 21:13:17
    nlourdes
    OMG!!! I just want to know if anyone received the $$$$$... i received the letter today and i really dont think that it's a big deal if i mail it in. besides what can they possibly do with my signature sell it. lol i always tell ppl when i sign something to please save my signature because one day it will be worth lots of money. LOL hey maybe the day has come. LMAOOOO!!!! please someone tell me if the $5000. was received by anyone. THKS
  • Mandell Hosea 2012/01/13 00:33:52
    Mandell Hosea
    I get plenty of mail saying i won a large amount of money, but this one is different than the others. It did not ask me for any money, just my signature! Hmmmm... I don't know yall!...I wish these people would stop teasing me! I allready don't have much so what do they want from me!? Im just a 20 year old thats trying to make my parent's proud.
  • kimberly parham 2011/11/03 03:57:02
  • Tommie Smith 2011/08/24 16:30:05
    Is this a SCAM
    Tommie Smith
    IF IT LOOKS LIKE A SCAM, SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM AND FEELS LIKE A SCAM... IT'S A SCAM!!!
    JUST GOT MINE WHEN I OPENED MY DOOR FOR WORK THIS MORNING... IT DIDN'T COME IN THE MAIL SO I'M WONDERING IF THIS WAS SOMEONE FROM THIS STATE OR EVEN CITY OF PHOENIX, AZ???
    REALLY NOT SURE AND DON'T TRULY CARE, ALL I KNOW IS IT SEEMS LIKE ANOTHER SCAM!! I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHO JUST WAKES UP ONE DAY AND *WINS* MONEY???.... *(BESIDES LOTTERY WINNERS)* ;- D
  • Jay Dollaz 2011/06/02 14:58:30
    Is this LEGIT
    Jay Dollaz
    real real real just got $5000
  • tazo818 Jay Dollaz 2011/06/03 17:53:30
    tazo818
    nice! Could I ask U what country was on the return envelope?
  • tazo818 2011/06/01 18:33:36
    Is this a SCAM
    tazo818
    I got 1 of these 5000 doller claim forms. same as stated below. I thought maybe, it may be a cleaver way to ge my john handcox. But why, is the question??? I dont know of any such reason somebody would want my sig. I am broke, as far as I know.
  • CharlesDungey 2011/05/28 12:52:49
  • JuanPreciado1 2011/05/04 01:23:13
    JuanPreciado1
    I just whant to know if any one has reaceive any kind of $ or notice after this letter
  • Angel JuanPre... 2011/05/18 23:07:06
    Angel
    +2
    Received the same UBI letter myself. 99% sure its a scam to get your personal information. Maybe to steal your identity or to sell you to other fly by night mail scammers . A legitimate notice has a web site of a non profit organization or mail order club, or some other verifiable company that actually works. Contact information with people you can actually speak with. Ask for no money or copies of identification documents to enter other than the claim number designated to you, and maybe your contact name. So, If it sounds to good to be if true IT ISN'T! Last bit of common sense is never send any money for processing fees!
  • Miranda 2011/04/15 14:30:59
    Miranda
    I got this letter yesterday. I came here for more information, and so far have seen nothing but hate. Well, from what I have seen, not one person has attempted to send it in to try to get the cash. I am leaning toward scam, however, I will search elsewhere, a place where people can speak with out using "idiot enhansers" ie cussing so much. Good luck
  • Terrial Haley 2011/04/04 20:15:30
    Is this LEGIT
    Terrial Haley
    yep I got mine today thanks ya'll.
  • JuanPre... Terrial... 2011/05/04 01:25:25
    JuanPreciado1
    +1
    got what the $ or another letter?
  • Wally McGurk 2011/03/17 15:01:13 (edited)
    Is this a SCAM
    Wally McGurk
    Just got my UBI letter in the mail. I cut out all the info, bar code, my name, address etc. Then made a copy and signed it: F.U. Moron and sent it back. Scam City all the way.
  • owen mignott 2010/12/31 17:16:28
    Is this LEGIT
    owen mignott
    new years eve,i was laying in bed.my girlriend and recieved a mail from hong kong. i immidately began to snieze,i thaught it was antharex i protected my self and open it,my girlfriend says scam,i ran to the computer here we are scam scam whata scam scam dont mess with scam bam!
  • nate 2010/12/09 03:22:33
    Is this a SCAM
    nate
    IT IS GREEN DOT ONLINE PRE PAID CREDIT CARDS THEY PASS OUT ALL OF UR INFORMATION THEY EVEN SEND YOU A LETTER COVERED IN BLAH BLAH BLAH THEN THE FINE PRINT STATING ALL U NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THEM..
  • JeffBrooks 2010/11/22 20:02:06
  • pink 2010/10/14 01:10:03
  • GayleAllen 2010/10/09 01:44:18
    Is this a SCAM
    GayleAllen
    check it out, i just got the letter and opened it like 5 min. ago. i wonder if they would get mad if i sent them a lil letter saying something along the lines of take your scam and shove it....
  • TPietro 2010/09/20 19:16:21
    Is this a SCAM
    TPietro
    +3
    IS this a scam just got letter in mail where can I turn this in it falls under mail fraud like to see this kind in jail !!!
  • TonyHale 2010/05/29 20:05:54
  • StephenMungoma 2010/05/20 19:03:43
    Is this a SCAM
    StephenMungoma
    +1
    I also received the same message and the envelope had an Australian Address. The aim of these people is to confirm your address and the name and then they will sell your name and address to other people. They will perhaps send you a check with that amount of money and ask you to cash it and send them a processing fee. The bank will deposit the check, but when it goes for clearance, it will be discovered to be either stolen or fake and you will have to pay back the whole amount of $5000 plus the bank fees. SO DON'T FALL FOR THESE SCAMMERS!!
  • Nelly 2010/04/25 00:03:54
    Is this a SCAM
    Nelly
    +3
    Bullshitter .....nobody gives out 5000 for free!!! It just sucks because I could really use the cash
  • John Ja... Nelly 2013/01/26 16:20:05
    John Janofsky
    +3
    I like to play along and waste as much of their time as possible, I have uspo collection of fraudulent US Mail money orders, one was where they found my add (Handyman) on Graig's list and sent me money (check) to get their place ready for moving in. As soon as I got the check they asked me to quickly pay the Landlord, their check almost cleared, the best counterfit I have seen, THE BANK HAD APPROVED IT THEN IMMEDIATELY PUT A SECURITY HOLD ON. The PO moneyorders were obvious, color and claity gave it away. WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND COME UP WITH A PLAN TO F@#$ THEM ANY WAY WE CAN AND GET THEIR LOCATION AND SEND SOME GANG GUYS TO BEAT THEIR ASS TO A PULP OR BETTER YET, BREAK THEIR HANDS BEYOND REPAIR SOI THEY CAN'T EVER TYPE ON A KEYBOARD. hEY, i AM ON DISABILITY AND HONESTLY LOOKING TO MAKE SOME EXTRA BUCKS. I AM A CHRISTAIN AND I'M SUPPOSED TO FORGIVE WELL SORRY GOD, PEOPLE LIKE THESE DESERVE NO FRIGGING MERCY.JRJANOFSKY@ATT.NET AND KICK SOME IDEAS AROUND AND GO AFTER THESE LOW LIFE MFR'S. I HAVE TRIED AND WASTED PRECIOUS $$ ON BIZ OP SCAMS AND THE NIGERIAN FIASCO A FEW YEARS BACK,. i FOR CASTRATION OR IF FEMALE AN M100 UP THEIR GOOD SIDE THEY CAN NEVER f___ OR AGAIN.HAVE ANY SATISFACTION AGAIN MY MONEY IS PRECIOUS AND I WOULDS LOVE TO FIND A REAL DEAL AND SUPPLEMENT MY DISABI...
    I like to play along and waste as much of their time as possible, I have uspo collection of fraudulent US Mail money orders, one was where they found my add (Handyman) on Graig's list and sent me money (check) to get their place ready for moving in. As soon as I got the check they asked me to quickly pay the Landlord, their check almost cleared, the best counterfit I have seen, THE BANK HAD APPROVED IT THEN IMMEDIATELY PUT A SECURITY HOLD ON. The PO moneyorders were obvious, color and claity gave it away. WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND COME UP WITH A PLAN TO F@#$ THEM ANY WAY WE CAN AND GET THEIR LOCATION AND SEND SOME GANG GUYS TO BEAT THEIR ASS TO A PULP OR BETTER YET, BREAK THEIR HANDS BEYOND REPAIR SOI THEY CAN'T EVER TYPE ON A KEYBOARD. hEY, i AM ON DISABILITY AND HONESTLY LOOKING TO MAKE SOME EXTRA BUCKS. I AM A CHRISTAIN AND I'M SUPPOSED TO FORGIVE WELL SORRY GOD, PEOPLE LIKE THESE DESERVE NO FRIGGING MERCY.JRJANOFSKY@ATT.NET AND KICK SOME IDEAS AROUND AND GO AFTER THESE LOW LIFE MFR'S. I HAVE TRIED AND WASTED PRECIOUS $$ ON BIZ OP SCAMS AND THE NIGERIAN FIASCO A FEW YEARS BACK,. i FOR CASTRATION OR IF FEMALE AN M100 UP THEIR GOOD SIDE THEY CAN NEVER f___ OR AGAIN.HAVE ANY SATISFACTION AGAIN MY MONEY IS PRECIOUS AND I WOULDS LOVE TO FIND A REAL DEAL AND SUPPLEMENT MY DISABILITY MONTHLY PAYMENT I AM FOR THE WORST THAT WE CAN ILLEGALLY MAKE THEM HURT. I HAVE MADE MY MISTAKES AND PAID DEARLY, WHY CAN'T THESE LOW LIFERS GET THEIR JUST DUE NOWWWWW, YOU CAN TELL I HAVE ALOT TO GET OFF MY BACK. sTILL A LITTLE FOOLISH LOOKING FOR A REALISTIC BIZ OP AND DON'T SEE ME GIVING UP. i WOULD LOVE ONE OF THESE PIE IN THE SKY, THINGS TO WORK AND PROVE TO ME THAY MADE 20K, 30K OR BETTER YET A $100 A MONTH WOULD RESTORE MY FAITH
  • Theresa... John Ja... 2014/06/19 13:31:55 (edited)
    Theresa Mathews
    +1
    Hello John and nellyif you are serious about the latter part of this statement and are looking to make some extra money then i recommend that you copy this link us.ganoexcel.com/healthyabund... into your web address look around see if its something you'd like to do and get back to the contact person on the web page if you have any questions or want to move forward in improving your finances
  • steven garcia 2010/04/13 20:27:29
    Is this a SCAM
    steven garcia
    I want to know what they get out of this I dont give any info anywhere so how do they get what I dont see. No money will pass my hands so what.
  • vinchinzarelli 2010/03/30 23:25:37
    vinchinzarelli
    +3
    i knew it had to be some bullshit cuz these mufuckas aint got no phone number, website....no contact info....just some fukin addresses all the way across the world...bastards
  • smileyhater 2010/03/26 18:28:57
    Is this a SCAM
    smileyhater
    +2
    i got 1 today, i think they are trying to verify your address and be on the look out for seemingly innocent requests for other security type questions.
  • AARON ARNOLD 2010/03/25 15:07:33
    Is this a SCAM
    AARON ARNOLD
    +1
    I received a letter yesterday. So I sent it back signed...SCAM as my signature
  • Chuck 2010/03/24 20:13:19
    Is this a SCAM
    Chuck
    +2
    I just got this today and wanted to check it out on the net. Glad to see you all posted here. This little letter is identical to what you all say you recd. Guess what. Its going in the shredder. Thanks everybody!
  • lili gao 2010/03/24 18:41:03
    Is this a SCAM
    lili gao
    +1
    I have received this letter too. I think this is scam but why they sent these letter?
  • red lady lili gao 2010/11/23 14:28:03
  • red lady lili gao 2010/11/23 14:48:16
    red lady
    +1
    My letter came from australia the address said po box 4805, robina town centra qld 4230 australia, i know it is fraud.
  • Theresa... red lady 2014/06/19 13:39:29
    Theresa Mathews
    +3
    I received mines yesterday with the very same information I am glad that i have sence enough to check things out before i respond to them cause i do enter into sweepstakes and they should already have my information and still if i win any thing which i haven't as of yet i do a check on it as well with the government so i put my work into affiliate marketing one of which i have found to be honest and true to its word doing good with it and am in it for life.
  • c.w. 2010/03/16 12:35:24
    Is this a SCAM
    c.w.
    +1
    I knew something was up, when i saw the size of the envelope ... it was too small for the paper you have to send back. When real companies send you something that personal and important , they give you an envelope that you only fold the paper long ways to fit it. The "UBI" letter you had to fold many different ways just to get it to fit. Yes it is too good to be true.
  • vinchin... c.w. 2010/03/30 23:27:40 (edited)
    vinchinzarelli
    +3
    hell na....thats some funny shit....that lil ass 5th grade valentine envelope....cheap mufuckas....crazy...lol
  • Charles 2010/03/10 00:06:36
    Charles
    +5
  • Charles Charles 2011/04/22 22:12:31
    Charles
    +3
    I got a letter today I agree with everyone ,they low I mean low down people.
  • haley43 2010/03/05 23:35:44
    Is this a SCAM
    haley43
    +2
    What happen when your bank cash this check you have to pay back the bank the whole $ 5,000
  • love10 2010/03/05 21:34:06
    Is this a SCAM
    love10
    +3
    i receive on the other day and I really felt it was a fake so it is ripped up in the trash.

2014/12/19 15:13:29