Is it possible for the President of the United States not to utilze the telepromter?

true american 2009/03/25 15:38:12
Everytime this man speaks he has to have it,Why? When he has the education everyone claims he has why can he not speak of the cuff!!

• StarrGazerr 2009/03/25 16:04:14
    StarrGazerr
    +18
    Why does everyone make a big deal about the fact that when the President prepares a speech he chooses to read what HE has written rather than memorizing it? They are his ideas and he tries to make sure the message he intends to give is the message he does give. It isn't like bush, who was reading the words for the first time when he gave a speech, had no input (or understanding) of the content, and was completely incapable of talking about what he had just talked about. I think the President summed up in one line last night exactly why this Country was so devastated for the past eight years and why we are already so much better off today:

"I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak."

How much of our present crises could have been avoided if george bush had been capable of that!

• Proud A... aherbert 2009/03/25 16:38:17
    Proud American
    +2
    I agree Bush wash a piece of work . But the short time Obama's been in office he is already trying to tear up our constitution and take our freedom . With his gun and ammo bans amongst many more conieving issues. but then again i give the puppet props to have so many sheep on his side .
  • true am... Proud A... 2009/03/25 16:40:15
    true american
    +3
    Blindly going off the cliff.
  • RanceCo... true am... 2009/03/25 18:45:07
    RanceCo R.I.P. MJ
    +4
    We know. You continue to prove that you are.
  • true am... RanceCo... 2009/03/25 18:46:03
    true american
    +1
    And you also dear
  • RanceCo... Proud A... 2009/03/25 18:43:34
    RanceCo R.I.P. MJ
    +4
    You should be an expert on puppets! Here's where your constitution was spat on, Einstein. And it was done by one who called it "just a g*d d*mn piece of paper."
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/185...
  • true am... RanceCo... 2009/03/25 18:45:26
    true american
    +1
    Guess what Einstien both BUSH, and OBAMA are doing the same damn thing.
  • StarrGazerr 2009/03/25 16:04:14
    StarrGazerr
    +18

• true am... StarrGa... 2009/03/25 16:09:16
    true american
    +4
    Wait they say he is more educated than any other President,and yet can not memorize simple answers. Then this tells me he is not so educated.
  • aherbert true am... 2009/03/25 16:18:15
    aherbert
    +7
    True am ... you are truly dumb.... there is just no other words to express what you are.... it is not my intent to insult you .... i just call a duck a duck if it walks, looks, and act like a duck.... true dumb express intent insult duck duck walks act duck
  • true am... aherbert 2009/03/25 16:21:57
    true american
    +1
    This coming from an Obama supporter,I feel threatened now!!!
  • aherbert true am... 2009/03/25 16:28:57
    aherbert
    +6

say hello to your fallen leader hehehe
  • true am... aherbert 2009/03/25 16:36:26
    true american
    +1
    Hello goodbye.
  • aherbert true am... 2009/03/25 16:37:46
  • true am... aherbert 2009/03/25 16:40:45
    true american
    +1
    Oh you poor thing YOU LOSE!!!!
  • StarrGa... true am... 2009/03/25 16:29:07
    StarrGazerr
    +7
    He wasn't on a teleprompter for the questions. He simply used it for his prepared remarks. That's why they're called "prepared remarks".
  • true am... StarrGa... 2009/03/25 16:41:51
    true american
    +1
    Did you see this man look down everytime he answered Please.
  • StarrGa... true am... 2009/03/25 16:57:07
    StarrGazerr
    +8
    Anything to avoid listening to the content? I'm not sure if you've done much public speaking, but anyone who does so and wants to be prepared generally has notes and general outlines of themes and issues he wants to emphasize.

Isn't the important thing that what he said made sense, rather than that you're not thrilled with his diction?
  • true am... StarrGa... 2009/03/25 17:02:15
    true american
    +1
    Again with this education you would think he doesn't need it.
  • StarrGa... true am... 2009/03/25 17:36:41
    StarrGazerr
    +6
    That's ridiculous. What do you think he is, some sort of "messiah"?
  • true am... StarrGa... 2009/03/25 17:38:05
    true american
    +1
    No,but there are others who do.
  • RanceCo... true am... 2009/03/25 18:47:30
    RanceCo R.I.P. MJ
    +4
    You obviously do. You expect him to be perfect, when NO ONE is.
  • true am... RanceCo... 2009/03/25 18:50:13
    true american
    +1
    Hey,it was the media that billed him this way not me. Media includes the following MSNBC,CNN,ABC. Mr Chris Matthews said it best "he is the smartest president we have ever had"
  • Texican... true am... 2009/03/26 00:21:41
    TexicanRGV - Noblesse Oblige
    +2
    You obviously were not on the debate team in school!
  • true am... Texican... 2009/03/26 00:24:47
    true american
    +1
    No I did not say I was ,or ever claimed to be.
  • Texican... true am... 2009/03/26 00:32:03
    TexicanRGV - Noblesse Oblige
    +2
    Thus, you know nothing about what it takes to be in a situation where you need to answer hard questions in a give and take environment. Therefore, you lack the skills, knowledge or background to criticize anyone on their speaking style.
  • true am... Texican... 2009/03/26 00:37:17
    true american
    +1
    Please do not spout that crap off. This guy is "supposed" to have an ivy league education,and he can not even handle speaking without it. I have done many of speeches,and yes I have used notes,but I only have a master's in engineering from UVA. Being in the military I have seen many of my leaders NOT needing assistance with speaking. So what you are saying is that he is not a leader.
  • Texican... true am... 2009/03/26 01:06:04
    TexicanRGV - Noblesse Oblige
    "Military leaders" don't need assistance because in the military you are taught only one answer and you are taught not to deviate from that answer. By design, and necessity, the military sees the world as black and white. The answer to anything from a superior is "YES SIR!"

Why else do they say that "Military Intelligence" is an oxymoron?
  • true am... Texican... 2009/03/26 12:03:05
    true american
    +1
    You do not like the military this is obvious. You do have that right,this is why myself and others fight for you to have this right.
  • Texican... true am... 2009/03/27 04:23:13
    TexicanRGV - Noblesse Oblige
    I like the military. They have a vital and necessary function in our society. I am just stating a fact that a requirement for proper functioning of a military body is a minimum of questioning of authority. When a soldier enters a combat situation, do you want that individual constantly second guessing his superiors? I think that is a good way to get one or more people killed. And I don't mean the opposition.

Boot camp is designed from the ground up to remove all opposition to authority. The whole idea is to train to act without thinking and to follow orders without compromise. I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • RanceCo... true am... 2009/03/25 18:46:55
    RanceCo R.I.P. MJ
    +4
    "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." _ September 2000, explaining his energy policies at an event in Michigan.

_ "Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?" _ January 2000, during a campaign event in South Carolina.

_ "They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the commander in chief, too." _ Sept. 26, 2001, in Langley, Va. Bush was referring to the terrorists who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks.

_ "There's no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail." _ Oct. 4, 2001, in Washington. Bush was remarking on a back-to-work plan after the terrorist attacks.

_ "It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber." _ April 10, 2002, at the White House, as Bush urged Senate passage of a broad ban on cloning.

_ "I want to thank the dozens of welfare-to-work stories, the actual examples of people who made the firm and solemn commitment to work hard to embetter themselves." _ April 18, 2002, at the White House.
  • true am... RanceCo... 2009/03/25 18:51:06
    true american
    +1
    Pointless!!!
  • Poppy true am... 2009/03/25 18:20:48
    Poppy
    +4
    Name me one president who did? Simple answer memorization of how many different crisis questions and how many different media happenings? Goodness! He has done more in 64 days than anyone I can think of during my lifetime. I cannot believe poeple are so petty that using, or not using a teleprompter, is considered a sign of intelligence. I guess we should just impeach him on overuse of a teleprompter. ALL presidents have used some form of notes, outlines are hearing devices to be "clued in" and on subject. Find me ONE that did not.
  • true am... Poppy 2009/03/25 18:31:53
    true american
    +1
    There hasn't been one that I am aware of,but they have tried to sell that this is the most educated POTUS ever. Well sorry I do not see it!
  • PLANETE... true am... 2009/03/26 01:00:46
    PLANETEATER
    +1
    Who specifically claimed that Obama is the most educated POTUS ever.
  • true am... PLANETE... 2009/03/26 12:03:22
    true american
    +1
    CHRIS MATTHEWS
  • PLANETE... true am... 2009/03/28 04:15:14 (edited)
    PLANETEATER
    Just one guy?
  • true am... PLANETE... 2009/03/28 12:46:16
    true american
    +1
    Tom tom This one too!! Would you like for me to continue,the list is rather LARGE.
  • PLANETE... true am... 2009/03/28 23:22:49
    PLANETEATER
    Show me the exact quote
  • true am... PLANETE... 2009/03/28 23:28:35
    true american
    +1
    You know what look back at the damn race in all the NBC,and MSNBC reports and you will find it.
  • PLANETE... true am... 2009/03/28 23:32:14
    PLANETEATER
    It's funny how you redumblicans always make accusations and claims but when someone asks for proof they seem to get defensive and put the burden of proof on the ones who didn't make the claims. You little kids are so FUNNY.

2014/12/21 19:31:00