Is it normal to feel as though your own children are elite among others?

GeminiWolf 2012/07/07 01:52:10
I never thought I would have children, I didn't want them; kids make me feel awkward and uneasy a lot of the time! However, to me, my daughter the ultimate exception. She is my entire world.She amases me with her creativity, her brilliance and her cuteness. Sometimes I feel like she is "above" other children. Often I feel guilty about when I think about it, but it doesn't change how I feel!

Is it normal to feel this way?

• Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/07/07 02:28:06
    Yes, this is why
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    I've found that most of my friends that disliked children the most, are the ones that think their children are extremely special.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/07/07 02:01:24
    Yes, this is why
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    Yes, it's normal. Especially an only child. I have 1 and I feel that way about him. If you didn't it would be odd.
  • NPC 2012/07/07 01:58:38
    Yes, this is why
    NPC
    +1
    Every educated parent thinks their kid is a genius and very few make it to Magna Cum Laude much less a perfect score on the SAT. Take what God gives you and try to guide them in the right direction iwhile protecting them with your love and attention.
  • Jester M.S. 2012/07/07 01:57:27
    Jester M.S.
    +1
    I am not a parent, so I really can't say, but I do know my Mom seems to think I am the coolest guy on the planet.
  • Mark In Irvine 2012/07/07 01:57:09
    Mark In Irvine
    what do you mean "feel"? they ARE elite among others!!!

2014/11/28 12:14:52