In the light of today's news, do any of you; or, all of you find it hard to fulfill the instructions of Philipians 4:8.

MisterD 2009/05/30 21:04:54

• CampDavid †DEO VALENTI † 2009/05/31 01:46:39
    yes. very difficult.
    CampDavid †DEO VALENTI †
    +5
    I find it difficult when I let myself pay too much attention to those things going on in America today. But at the same time, it is also those thoughts which bring me right back to remembering that we need to do what this passage says.

difficult difficult pay attention america remembering passage

• driley 2009/05/31 18:47:54
    driley
    +1
    Sometimes.
  • Whitese7en 2009/05/31 02:05:56
    Whitese7en
    +3
    Quite the contrary, I find it to be more easily done now than ever before. The reason, is because with everything that is going on right now, I can visibly see the loving hand of God in all of it.

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
  • Poetic Warrior 2009/05/31 01:57:41
    no. I look for and focus on the good.
    Poetic Warrior
    +3
    Sometimes it maybe, but I always look for the good in people. Whenever the news or something starts to get to me, I remember that God created this world and eventually it will all be different, for the good and restored back to it original beauty. For now though, I just focus upon what God says to focus upon.

remember god created world eventually restored beauty focus god focus

Philippians 4:8 (King James Version)

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
    yes. very difficult.
    CampDavid †DEO VALENTI †
    +5

• ☼ Homeward Bound ☼ 2009/05/30 22:15:14
    yes. very difficult.
    ☼ Homeward Bound ☼
    +4
    The best thing to do is......trust God and turn the TV off! This is an instruction for our benefit. We already know we are in the end times and to fill our hearts and minds with death, mayhem, destruction, murder and war is like pouring a dose of putrid fear into our minds. I know it's hard to shift the focus because I battle it every single day.

Philippians 4:8

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
  • Stinky 2009/05/30 21:25:02
    yes. very difficult.
    Stinky

2014/12/21 15:09:55