I'm looking for a new hobby. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Abort A Liberal, Save A Life. 2009/02/12 05:22:25

• 1014589 2009/02/13 13:16:03
  • Cynic -- is gone. 2009/02/13 12:19:38 (edited)
    I think you should do this...
    Cynic -- is gone.
    Judging from many of your attitudes (per your profile), I think you'd get a lot of satisfaction from torturing anyone who disagrees with you. Of course, you might need help catching and overpowering them, but you can always call the guys on bedsheets and hoods.

Like RANDJA suggests below, try woodburning. You could start with crosses...
  • Abort A... Cynic -... 2009/02/13 19:33:25
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    no thats already a side hobby but not much fun bcuz ppl whine and cry to much
  • RANDJA 2009/02/13 07:20:25
    RANDJA
    WOOD BURNING..I LIKE IT OR WOOD TURNING HELL ANY KIND OF WOODWORKIING......OR GARDENING....
  • ... 2009/02/13 06:40:21
  • ps 2009/02/12 13:44:28
    I think you should do this...
    ps
    I think you could learn spanish. Don't you have somebody that could teach you?? Or how about taking some cooking classes? I used to enjoy creating semi-fancy cakes when I was younger and they got some great reviews!
  • Abort A... ps 2009/02/12 15:53:05
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    +1
    Gee, I wonder whatever gave you that idea, about Spanish, lol. I'm not a great cook and it costs money for classes, but I've been making the effort.
  • sonny1 2009/02/12 12:30:23
    I think you should do this...
    sonny1
    T I see that someone has suggesed astronomy and I wanted to add that is a great idea. It takes a little investment in a good telescope but it is really worth it. Once you see how fantastic it looks out there in the universe your faith in our great creator will be renewed. It is also a very silent, relaxing hobby and it is so much fun to show and teach the young about the order of things. Once you see the rings of Saturn, the moons of Jupiter and the mountains/craters of our moon well you just have to see it in person. Good Luck and if you decide to go with it there is a ton of help on the internet.
  • ♥hollister_hannahh♥ 2009/02/12 06:39:52
    ♥hollister_hannahh♥
    u should do a sport..
    like i do cheerleading.
    and i work on cheer all the time
    now i can do a backflip and back tuck..
    its fun
  • Abort A... ♥hollis... 2009/02/12 06:42:22
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    im sure what they offer for ppl my age as far as sports but it would be nice to get in some kind of exercise
  • kittybaby 2009/02/12 06:28:34
    I think you should do this...
    kittybaby
    +1
    This doesn't seem to be a hobby, but it becomes one if you give it a try. Be a mentor to a young kid who really needs someone to look up to. Do you speak a second language? If so, teach someone to speak English. Teach someone to read......there are adults who have difficulty reading. If none of that appeals to you, try dancing, it's great for your health and a lot of fun. Good luck to you :)
  • Abort A... kittybaby 2009/02/12 06:31:34
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    +1
    you know, now thats a really great idea. i wanted to do habitat for humanity, but thats kind of rough on an expectant mother physically, but teaching somebody to read, something like that would be awesome and right up my alley. i love helping people. :)
  • kittybaby Abort A... 2009/02/12 17:34:07
    kittybaby
    I like helping people too, so go for it! :)
  • God-Cilla (Saviour to the M... 2009/02/12 06:25:03
    I think you should do this...
    God-Cilla (Saviour to the Masses)
    Ooooh fun!!!
    I was thinking about taking up guitar and dancing.
    You should too!!! It'd be fun and such.
  • Abort A... God-Cil... 2009/02/12 06:29:08
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    +1
    dancing yes, guitar im a nightmare. simon would say i sucked and so would paula and she loves everybody, lol.
  • God-Cil... Abort A... 2009/02/12 06:38:08
    God-Cilla (Saviour to the Masses)
    XD
    I love that show. Have you tried guitar before or are you just assuming you would suck?
    I used to play violin, but I couldn't keep up with my class. I miss music...
  • Abort A... God-Cil... 2009/02/12 06:39:48
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    +1
    oh no, i tried and my mom of all ppl, begged me to stop. my fingers were bleeding and so were her ears. :(
  • God-Cil... Abort A... 2009/02/12 06:54:30
    God-Cilla (Saviour to the Masses)
    Awww lol. :)
    So what about dance?
  • ps Abort A... 2009/02/12 13:37:18 (edited)
    ps
    Did your mom really beg you to stop? I don't believe that!
  • cantomagica 2009/02/12 05:59:00
    I think you should do this...
    cantomagica
    +1
    You could build a loom pretty easy and do some bead work, and/or learn lazy stitch. Make belts, hat bands, saddle bags, purses, moccasins, clothing, etc. It's all pretty simple, and beautiful...not to mention it sells for a pretty price.

purses moccasins clothing pretty simple beautiful mention sells pretty price purses moccasins clothing pretty simple beautiful mention sells pretty price
    purses moccasins clothing pretty simple beautiful mention sells pretty price
  • Abort A... cantoma... 2009/02/12 06:19:32
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    those are really pretty. i guess i could give it a try.
  • cantoma... Abort A... 2009/02/12 08:46:12
    cantomagica
    It's really quite relaxing, and the outcome is always beautiful.
  • ps cantoma... 2009/02/12 13:47:57
    ps
    +1
    your beadwork is lovely!
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2009/02/12 05:39:37 (edited)
    I think you should do this...
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    We have a fantastic one. Once most people don't think of. It's working and blowing glass. We started by doing it on a date and if you are a couple it's a fantastic couple activity. The items you make even the simplest of paperweights make cool gifts and are cool to have around the house. It's not hard and it's not enormously expensive. If you call a local glass artist that has a kiln check on a trial run. We were hooked on our first time. I am even having a open house at the glass center next month with my Interior design group.

I couldn't get the link to work so here is a Youtube link....check all the videos out....hey, I'm a girl and I love it too.

The other thing I like to do is bead work....making jewelry and you can also make the beads too.

I'm a crafter so I make a lot of things.

• Abort A... Hula gi... 2009/02/12 05:43:14
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    +1
    that sounds really cool. i actually grew up, only a cpl hrs from corning, where they have that well known glass museum and the demos on it and everything. it always seemed really neat... and pretty. i love shiny things!!!
  • Hula gi... Abort A... 2009/02/12 05:46:25
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers

Here's the link the one above didn't work well. Where in Washington do you live? My brother was a major part of building the Tacoma Glass Museum.
  • Abort A... Hula gi... 2009/02/12 05:49:17
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    +1
    really? cool!!! i see that advertised a lot. i actually just moved here recently and live in milton, so thats really close to me... like 10 mins away. maybe ill go there on saturday... my hubby and i were trying to come up with something to do for v day and while im at it, i can try my hand at photography like najinaanees suggested too.
  • Hula gi... Abort A... 2009/02/12 06:08:19
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    I have been writing a dating book and it's an alphabet book....it's called:

LOVE LETTERS....AN A B C'S GUIDE TO ROMANCE.

The premise is to pick a time frame for your date. It can be all day or just a few hours; but in that time frame you pick a letter of the alphabet and do everything on that date around that letter. Try to maximize all five senses on the date because when you entice all five senses you will also be creating more memories.

I was in charge of the 2nd date so I gave him a letter day. The letter picked was the letter "G".

We started with lunch where I took him for "Greek" food.
    I handed him small "Gifts" throughout the day which some where clues for our next adventure and some were "Gag" "Gifts". The "Gag" "Gifts" consisted of Glitter Glue, Gold coins (like you get at the post office- the Gold dollars), different G type of Gifts.
    After lunch he had to Guess but we went and played miniature "Golf". that took part of the afternoon. The next Gift he didn't know if it was a Gag Gift or a real Gift. I teased him by saying the next part of the date was a little dangerous and it's involved Gas...it promised to be a Hot time. He Guessed Glider Riding...which would have been fun but I didn't tell him about the Glass lesson and he didn't know until he walked in for our lesson.
    Oh, he had to were...
    '

'

Oh, he had to were either Grey or Green and ask the glass place ahead of time but they normally say long sleeves. Our first lesson we made paperweights that were really beautiful. We ended up making 10 between the two of us. We got to put a twist inside and another a bubble inside the glass. They all were good enough for cool gifts.
    Glass working is nice because it's best to have a partner and you depend on each other which is good for an activity for a couple.

It's very romantic as you always have the pieces for years later to remember your date.
    I have set up lots of dates...thus the book.

What happens after the date continues also....
  • Abort A... Hula gi... 2009/02/12 05:45:33
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    +1
    i tried beading and i really liked it but im so bad at it, lol. i used lots of super glue to keep things together and it looked a little 'interesting' at the end of my projects, lol.
  • Hula gi... Abort A... 2009/02/12 05:52:07
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    Did you take any classes? Taking beading classes will show you there is no glue involved. Mine come out great and are all worth selling.
  • najinaanees.. 2009/02/12 05:33:31
    najinaanees..
    I am not sure if you are interested in photography?!
  • Abort A... najinaa... 2009/02/12 05:37:10
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    i like it, but i dont know if im good at it. i know im not very photogenic, lol.
  • najinaa... Abort A... 2009/02/12 05:40:01
    najinaanees..
    Try once and then you would know :)
  • Abort A... najinaa... 2009/02/12 05:46:47
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    +1
    well i have a pretty nice camera thats not being used so maybe ill try it out this weekend. ill pry try a few suggestions on here and see which is my fave.
  • sd *TROUBLE* 2009/02/12 05:27:26
    I think you should do this...
    sd *TROUBLE*
    Start writing songs o.o
    Its a great way to express yourself and your emotions, plus it could even help you get a job one day.
  • Abort A... sd *TRO... 2009/02/12 05:31:20
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    hey who told that i was looking for another job? im supposed to be masking myself as a really lazy person who doesnt care, lol.
  • sd *TRO... Abort A... 2009/02/12 05:34:59
    sd *TROUBLE*
    lol o_o well being a songwriter doesn't require alot of work... it might be a good job for a lazy person.
  • Sammy the Hatchet 2009/02/12 05:26:47
    I think you should do this...
    Sammy the Hatchet
    Build RC model air planes
  • Abort A... Sammy t... 2009/02/12 05:31:57
    Abort A Liberal, Save A Life.
    well it would be different than anything ive done
  • Sammy t... Abort A... 2009/02/12 18:06:33
    Sammy the Hatchet
    Something new

2014/08/01 09:52:24