If you were pregnant and you found out that your child would be born with a birth defect/disability, would you keep the child or abort it?

rawrimamoocow 2012/08/19 06:27:55
Related Topics: Pregnant, Child
By birth defect or disability I mean anything from autism or blindness to severe mental disability or extreme birth defect. For me itd depend on the quality of life the child would have. Lest try to keep this as civil as possible.

• Michaela★ 2012/08/19 07:05:20
    Abort it because...
    Michaela★
    +3
    I know some people may think my answer is cruel but I feel it would be more fair to let the unborn child go to heaven instead of live a tough life... plus some people are really good with dealing with disabled children, I personally find children with birth defects or disablies to be cute and that its sad they have to deal with that but I dont think I'd be the ideal parent for a child with those issues.

• La 2012/08/20 12:03:41
    Abort it because...
    La
    I don't want a child with severe disabilities? Autism is okay, that comes on a spectrum and that is manageable, and they still have a perfectly good quality of life. Severe mental disability, no. I'm not cut out for that.
  • Alexander T Steward 2012/08/19 20:01:57
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2012/08/19 17:34:58
    Keep it because...
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    +1
    I wouldn't kill my child just b/c they weren't society's definition of "normal"
  • Metaldane 2012/08/19 13:41:39
    It depends on...(explain please)
    Metaldane
    +1
    It would really depend on what their quality of life would be but if they'd be paralyzed, brain dead, or in crippling pain at all times or something similiar then yea I would be ok with aborting, it would be the kinder choice rather then putting them through a pointless and painful life.
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/08/19 11:19:17 (edited)
    It depends on...(explain please)
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    Before 12 weeks, get rid of it. Between 12 & 20 weeks, abort if their quality of life would be deteriorated, they would be unaware of anything/braindead, have a severely low IQ, or would be completely dependent their whole life, like if they're quadriplegic. After that, only if it's extreme.
  • La Anonymo... 2012/08/20 12:04:47
    La
    +1
    Your comment is logical enough that I won't harp on about you being a guy and answering this question. You're welcome :)
  • shadow76 2012/08/19 11:15:49
    Keep it because...
    shadow76
    You don't off people because they are not perfect!
  • Leslie 2012/08/19 10:36:57
    It depends on...(explain please)
    Leslie
    +1
    I don't want children so if I ever got pregnant I'd get an abortion regardless of them having a disability or not. If I ever changed my mind and wanted a child I would choose to keep it.
    Abort it because...
    +1
    I myself was born with Turners Syndrome, and I would not want to put a child through the hell I had to go through.
  • Marianne 2012/08/19 07:54:46
    It depends on...(explain please)
    Marianne
    +1
    It depends on the life quality you can offer to a child.
  • frank drebin 2012/08/19 07:37:06
    Keep it because...
    frank drebin
    you keep it. abortion is a good thing, but it is not to be used like this
  • Michaela★ 2012/08/19 07:05:20
    Abort it because...
    Michaela★
    +3
  • Simmering Frog 2012/08/19 06:50:39
    Keep it because...
    Simmering Frog
    Keep it because it's not up to me to play God.

2014/09/20 01:57:36