IF YOU SAW A WOMEN GETTING BEAT ON BY HER HUSBAND AND WHILE HE WAS BEATING HER SHE WAS YELLING PLEASE DON'T CALL THE COP'S WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

sweet silver 2012/05/06 09:29:37
I WOULD STILL CALL THE COPS IT WOULD BE BEST FOR EVERYONE
I WOULD TRY TO MAKE HIM STOP
I WOULD WALK AWAY CAUSE IT'S NONE OF MY BUSINESS
I WOULD JUST WATCH
I WOULD CRY AND BEG HIM TO STOP

• Uranos7 2012/05/06 09:39:26
    Uranos7
    +7
    I have been in this situation many times. If you try to stop him she will beg you not to hurt him, if you call the cops she will not press charges and he will be released madder than ever. I had one couple as a neghbors the police stopped coming when people called.
    It stopped when one day thier 4 year old daughter got between them and he hit her then the police arrested him and told her if they had to come again both were going to jail and the daughter would be taken away. Then when faced with the choice between her daughter or boyfriend she finally threw him out.
    Some women grew up in abusive homes; saw thier mom get hit and daddy explain that 'he only hurt mommy because he loved her'. That instilled in thier brain that if a man does not hurt them he does not really love them, and is almost impossible to fix.

• justnotsaying (: 2012/05/13 06:16:00 (edited)
    justnotsaying (:
    I would still call, but it would defeat the purpose since the woman will stay with him anyway. If I seen the same couple again a second time - I wouldn't call.
  • Nomad58 2012/05/08 04:02:40
  • mrdog 2012/05/07 08:58:53
    mrdog
    +1
    No doubt for me...gal needs help...bark
  • Joey 2012/05/06 21:31:08
    Joey
    +2
    I know that sounds cold , but if she does not want help the criminal justice system will not do anything. There have even been cases were battered women attack the person who was trying to help them and protect the person who was beating them .
  • Nomad58 Joey 2012/05/08 04:06:08
    Nomad58
    +1
    My wife has this thing about keeping a bungy cord in her purse (sounds weird but it has come in handy). She would subdue the woman without hurting her.
  • jackie 2012/05/06 20:08:36
    jackie
    +1
    good question.
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/05/06 18:14:22
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +1
    call the police anyway
  • Caedus01 Sith Lord of the P... 2012/05/06 18:11:07
    I WOULD TRY TO MAKE HIM STOP
    Caedus01 Sith Lord of the PHAET
    +2
    There is no TRY... Do or Do Not!!!! I'd tell someone else to call the cops to get me off of him
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/05/06 18:11:01
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Beforehand:

I would try to convince him to stop.
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/05/06 17:57:08
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +1
    Call the cops.
  • melly~thwarting Satan since... 2012/05/06 17:55:00
    I WOULD TRY TO MAKE HIM STOP
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +2
    And call the cops.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/05/06 17:36:00
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    I would definitely call the cops. He might kill her otherwise.
  • Opinionated...Oh Well!!! 2012/05/06 17:30:13
    Opinionated...Oh Well!!!
    +4
    Hell knowing me I would probably just end up beating the hell out of him I am not afraid to hit a man who is beating on a woman in the head from behind.
  • Nai M. 2012/05/06 17:10:59
    Nai M.
    +3
    But before that I would beat his ass. -.-
  • addie 2012/05/06 16:31:59
    I WOULD TRY TO MAKE HIM STOP
    addie
    +1
    Cops are useless if the get there at all.
  • DoxieDad 2012/05/06 16:12:36
    DoxieDad
    +3
    Call the police and may be get arrested myself for assault and battery on the husband.
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2012/05/06 16:07:47 (edited)
    I WOULD TRY TO MAKE HIM STOP
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +3
    Wife may get mad, but I would kick his ass! Won't get cops involved, they probably wouldn't do much anyway. I WILL NOT watch a man beat up a woman and not interfere, thats chivalry, man, and I have it!
  • Sadisticon 2012/05/06 15:02:00
    Sadisticon
    +2
    I did that intervene thing TWICE in Sacramento and the first time the lady told me I don't know her or her boyfriend - he was whooping her ass all out in the street. The second time the woman told me to call the cops cause the dude was going to kill her and when I intervened he and his friends decided to kill ME.
  • meho 2012/05/06 14:55:46
    meho
    +3
    Being in lawenforcement I would HOPE everyone would call the cops. There is absolutely NO reason on this GODs earth that a man should ever hit a woman or a woman hit a man. I've been on calls both way and trust me a woman can do just as much damage as a man.
  • CREW grand meho 2012/05/06 20:40:03
    CREW grand
    Now, if only we can get your last sentence into the thick skulls of other people in law enforcement, the court system and the general public. Ask the same question but reverse the roles so that the wife is beating the husband, and the responses would be more like:
    "I'd watch and laugh."
    "I'd get out my phone camera to put it on YouTube."
    "I'd join her in beating him because he probably deserved it."
    What you wouldn't see is the common theme shown here, of people jumping in to beat on her to punish her or teach her a lesson or whatever.
    I'm not trying to justify either, just showing the sexist mindset that many still have.

Don
  • Nomad58 CREW grand 2012/05/08 04:26:55
    Nomad58
    No, I've seen this in the Hampton Roads Mall a few years back when I was the Shore Patrol Officer. Everyone was just stunted and helpless.

I yelled "Attention" and the guy automatically snapped to. It startled the woman so much she stopped and I asked him to which ship he was assigned and he told me. I informed him who I was and that I was giving him an order to report to his ship's Chaplin the events that took place. That the SP Van would deliver him to the proper and I would follow-up the next day.

The woman started to follow him and I ask if she had the keys to the vehicle they took to the Mall and if she would like to file charges against the Sailor. She responded "No, he didn't do anything. I just got mad because he said we didn't have enough money to buy something".

When I followed up after my Watch the guy had a broken jaw, teeth, and a broken nose as well as multiple bruises. He had never raised a hand to her.

Trouble is, this won't work every time and will only turn attention to you if you're not an authority figure. Also if I had approached the woman I'm sure the Sailor would have defended her regardless of my rank.
  • SteveMarine- JLA 2012/05/06 14:55:33
    SteveMarine- JLA
    +3
    Most likely knowing me.... My gun would end up in his face....and he would be on the ground in hand cuffs pretty soon.... Or my boot in his back....waiting for a pair of hand cuffs....
  • Scream 2012/05/06 13:36:10
    I WOULD TRY TO MAKE HIM STOP
    Scream
    +3
    What's the use in calling the police if he's hitting her right in front of me? Chances are they'll be on their way before the cops get there. I might as well step in myself.
  • EdVenture 2012/05/06 13:34:17
    EdVenture
    Dangerous place to be.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/05/06 13:05:18
  • Jeff Vader 2012/05/06 12:49:12
    I WOULD TRY TO MAKE HIM STOP
    Jeff Vader
    +1
    Then I would phone the police.
  • carolynb 2012/05/06 12:12:51
    carolynb
    +2
    I would call the cops and then yell at him to stop.
  • Rebecca 2012/05/06 12:09:31
    Rebecca
    +1
    Sorry, but when I see someone getting hurt I will call the cops. If this is their idea of foreplay, they need to get a room.
  • Ayushee 2012/05/06 12:02:52
    I WOULD TRY TO MAKE HIM STOP
    Ayushee
    +1
    and then call the cops!
  • Andy Fletcher 2012/05/06 11:51:10
    Andy Fletcher
    I'd call the cops first then do my best to stop him from beating her, even if it meant taking an ass whooping myself. At least if he was concentrating on me he wouldn't be hitting her.
  • Frank 2012/05/06 11:35:39
    Frank
    +1
    Call the cops- she is still a victim.
    +2
    NUFF SAID
  • Beagle Mom 2012/05/06 10:59:49
    Beagle Mom
    +3
    The cops are the best to handle this. I've had to call the cops a few times to help a woman who was being beatenn.
  • Met 2012/05/06 10:52:02
    I WOULD TRY TO MAKE HIM STOP
    Met
    +1
    There wouldn't be any need to call the cops.

Unless of course someone feared for his safety.
  • vetogod 2012/05/06 10:49:00
    +4
    I would DEFINITELY Call the police ..
    I've called the police on a fighting couple before ..
    and will do so again ..
    To me .. LIFE is precious
    and I will not stand by as another gets beaten.
  • Uranos7 2012/05/06 09:39:26
    Uranos7
    +7
  • vetogod Uranos7 2012/05/06 10:50:08
    vetogod
    +1
    gotta love the catch 22 situation huh?
  • BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/06 09:38:24
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    No excuse for beating a woman,none whatsoever,cowardice in extremis

2014/09/30 16:02:18