If it was guaranteed to work would you allow your baby in utero to be genetically enhanced to be very attractive?

Mamaknows 2012/07/09 07:06:05
Related Topics: Baby, Work, Hot, Kids, Kid
Yes! It's better to be hot then not.
No I'd leave that up to nature.
Not sure....

A while ago I asked if people would be ok with them raising the IQ of their kids...people were not into that so much...but what if they could make them really attractive?
Would you allow that?

• Mrkando 2012/07/17 19:47:26
    No I'd leave that up to nature.
    Mrkando
    If one would answer yes to this then it would mean they place a very high value on looks. who would want your child, generally a picture of you, to be altered in any way? Only one thing comes to my mind regarding this and that is the saying....It's not nice to mess with mother nature! Could you ever forgive yourself for messing up a perfect baby? Never!
  • Mamaknows Mrkando 2012/07/18 02:33:44
    Mamaknows
    +1
    I neve could because I believe God's makes each and every one of us...and I could not mess with that. EVER.
    But there are a lot of people that are begining to lean towards euginic type things and it is not a big jump to dr's manipulating things to make your kids taller...so the idea of them identifiing the gene for pefect teeth, lovely face, or being very lean...it's scary.
    I know so many people that are wonderful people inside and out and are not the conventionally attractive type.
    Plus what about all the oppses will they tash them...I think so.
  • Just me ♥ 2012/07/17 17:35:15
    No I'd leave that up to nature.
    Just me ♥
    +1
    No...I dont believe in genetically engineering anything. I have 4 kiddos who are all very attractive.
  • J 2012/07/17 15:56:55
    No I'd leave that up to nature.
    J
    +1
    individuality rules
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/07/17 15:45:49
    No I'd leave that up to nature.
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    Sorry, that kind of interventionism is really sick.
  • MandaLynne 2012/07/17 15:40:54
    No I'd leave that up to nature.
    MandaLynne
    +2
    Who decides what is attractive? What is attractive to some is ugly to others and vice versa. What if these so called attractive babies all come out looking alike?

Humans have a wide variety of looks and that is a good thing.
  • Andy 2012/07/17 14:56:25
    No I'd leave that up to nature.
    Andy
    +3
    We are so vain... let God be God.
  • Link 2012/07/09 10:49:15
    No I'd leave that up to nature.
    Link
    +1
    Hell no...
  • Mamaknows Link 2012/07/09 16:54:23
    Mamaknows
    +1
    It's kinda scary they are working so hard on ways to alter the human genes.....when most people find it ...unthinkable. I think it would kinda be like another type of euginics....scary stuff.
  • Man_Bear_Pig 2012/07/09 08:43:11
    Not sure....
    Man_Bear_Pig
    +1
    Attractive people are treated better in society. But, I don't know if being attractive is so important that I would need to alter my child's DNA. I would do it to raise the IQ though.
  • Mamaknows Man_Bea... 2012/07/09 16:52:33
    Mamaknows
    The last time I asked if people would be ok with increasing IQ ....people liked the idea but would not do it. I would not do either because the people I have known with a high IQ are usally the most angst ridden people I have known...I don't know exactly why.
  • Man_Bea... Mamaknows 2012/07/09 18:16:19
    Man_Bear_Pig
    +1
    ignorance is bliss?
  • Mamaknows Man_Bea... 2012/07/09 18:44:37
    Mamaknows
    No maybe they over think things....or they are really smart with books but have no common sense...or fall for the POS type people everytime. I know a couple of high IQ people that really bring a lot of crap on themselves because they honestly think they are better then everyone else because they are so much smarter :/ LOL Just because someone does not have a high IQ does not mean they are stupid! And they can tell when they are being belittled....so they are not going to spend time with a pompas donkeybutt...you know?
    One poor girl was told all her life she was SO smart, SO pretty, then tests showed she had a IQ well above average....it did her no good. She was a single mother at 16 on welfare (and no stranger to STDs) had a serious problem with booze at 13ish to this day.
    Even now I do not hang out with her because she is so competitive with our kids which when they were little did not matter much but they are old enough to grasp the things she says but they are now. Like bragging her kid was reading books at three, my kid same age did not, which put a huge amount of pressure on her kid. I try to focus on my kids being kids while they can...yes they learn but I do not care for the compition between kids....she seems obsessed with it. Like it was the most important thing in the world her kid had to be the smartest/best at everything and I think that was about HER then the kid. She is a pathetic type person.
  • Tiah 2012/07/09 07:46:10
    No I'd leave that up to nature.
    Tiah
    +2
    One word:WRONG
  • Mamaknows Tiah 2012/07/09 16:50:08
    Mamaknows
    I lean that way as well but a friend of mine made some strong arguments for the idea because of how society judges people on their looks....like an investment in their future...better grades, ease of getting jobs...ect. Like Man_Bear_Pig...attractive people are treated better in society. BUT I could never do that because you would be altering WHO they are...I have a real problem with that.
  • Tiah Mamaknows 2012/07/10 01:37:07
    Tiah
    +1
    Yea agreed it may help being attractive but is it worth it what r u teaching ur kids if u alter who they are I just could never do it

2014/07/26 09:09:11