If I consider myself a conservative, why do these online tests always make me out to be a liberal?

xxxoooxxx 2012/06/11 11:02:02

• BongRipper 2012/06/11 11:10:02
    BongRipper
    +3
    You should trust every online test you take. Nothing is more honest than the internet

• Charmaine 2012/06/11 20:41:15
    Because the online tests are sloppily written and highly inaccurate.
    Charmaine
    +1
    DUH!!!
  • xxxoooxxx Charmaine 2012/06/12 04:41:54
    xxxoooxxx
    And you know, I said what I said; but this choice is obviously the truth as well. Whoever is making those tests can't possibly come up with a decent or accurate test.
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/06/11 11:51:04
    Because the online tests are designed by liberals and covertly intended to st...
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    Because the online tests are designed by liberals and covertly intended to steer people to the Left.

Exactly.
  • BHGOzzy 2012/06/11 11:42:19
    BHGOzzy
    Actual political leanings tend to vary wildly from the established stereotypes. You can be fiscally conservative, for instance, while being socially liberal. As a for-instance, valuing old fashioned ways of doing business would be fiscally conservative, but being more tolerant of others rights and more accepting of those around you, or attempting to help your fellow man through support of social services is socially liberal.

You're not a political party, you're a complex human being and your choice of political party won't always reflect how you are inside. I hope that helps answer this question without a bunch of propaganda and lies.
  • xxxoooxxx BHGOzzy 2012/06/11 11:49:59
    xxxoooxxx
    +1
    Actually that was a very lucid and well thought-out response. Thank you for that. About fiscal conservatism, that was one of the areas where I thought surely I was conservative, yet the test only showed me 25% conservative. I'm enough of a libertarian to want to respect and uphold the rights of others, but also enough of a libertarian not to support a whole lot of social services. Anyway, let me see what "Morbid Cynic" has to say here. (Can't sleep anyway, lost my wallet, all my cards, triggered insomnia, unfortunately.)
  • BHGOzzy xxxoooxxx 2012/06/11 12:32:35
    BHGOzzy
    I know what Insomnia's like, you have my sympathies (PTSD induced insomnia)
  • MorbidCynic 2012/06/11 11:17:13
    MorbidCynic
    +2
    Though you could be somewhat of a classical liberal, the description fits me well even though I consider myself a conservative.
  • xxxoooxxx MorbidC... 2012/06/11 11:50:42
    xxxoooxxx
    +1
    Makes sense.
  • BongRipper 2012/06/11 11:10:02
    BongRipper
    +3
  • Scream BongRipper 2012/06/11 11:15:18
  • xxxoooxxx BongRipper 2012/06/11 11:50:31
    xxxoooxxx
    +1
    Right on, and I also got a nice piece of land for you in Florida. C'mon down.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/06/11 11:09:04
    RogerCoppock
    +2
    Because you are a liberal. Look at Wikipedia's definition:

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is a political ideology or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and the free exercise of religion.[3][4][5][6][7]

Liberalism first became a powerful force in the Age of Enlightenment, rejecting several foundational assumptions that dominated most earlier theories of government, such as nobility, established religion, absolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings. The early liberal thinker John Locke, who is often credited for the creation of liberalism as a distinct philosophical tradition, employed the concept of natural rights and the social contract to argue that the rule of law should replace absolutism in government, that rulers were subject to the consent of the governed, and that private individuals had a fundamental right to life, liberty, and property.

The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule. The nineteenth century sa...

The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule. The nineteenth century saw liberal governments established in nations across Europe, Latin America, and North America. Liberal ideas spread even further in the twentieth century, when liberal democracies were on the winning side in both world wars and liberalism survived major ideological challenges from fascism and communism. Today, liberal political parties remain a political force with varying degrees of power and influence on all major continents.

A twenty-first century development is an emerging new liberalism that is centered on the concept of timeless freedom (ensuring the freedom of future generations through proactive action taken today).[8] This is an idea that has been endorsed by the President of Liberal International Hans van Baalen.

• MorbidC... RogerCo... 2012/06/11 11:15:39 (edited)
    MorbidCynic
    +1
    That's classical (and foreign) liberalism, not modern liberalism.
  • RogerCo... MorbidC... 2012/06/11 11:17:47
    RogerCoppock
    Rush Limbaugh is a college dropout, not a political scientist.
  • MorbidC... RogerCo... 2012/06/11 11:19:16 (edited)
    MorbidCynic
    I wasn't talking about Rush Limbaugh, please don't bring him into this. And college isn't for everyone.
  • RogerCo... MorbidC... 2012/06/11 11:53:17
    RogerCoppock
    Evidently, the very clear and well established classification system used in political science isn't for everybody either.
  • MorbidC... RogerCo... 2012/06/11 12:28:54
    MorbidCynic
    Nothing is for everybody.
  • xxxoooxxx RogerCo... 2012/06/11 11:52:55
    xxxoooxxx
    +1
    Now how did what Morbid Cynic have to say have anything to do with Rush Limbaugh? I'm not grasping a cognitive connection here....
  • xxxoooxxx RogerCo... 2012/06/11 11:51:55
    xxxoooxxx
    +1
    Wow...

2014/11/01 03:20:28