How many of you are secretly hoping that December 21st 2012 brings an end to the World "as we know it"?

Dave In Cali 2012/08/12 12:09:25
Related Topics: World, 2012
I will not post my opinion unless asked, for fear of tainting the responses to this question. Please be honest :)

• B@mbi 2012/08/22 15:49:34
    Keep up the status quo (I hope the whole thing blows over like Y2K)
    B@mbi
    +1
    This is actually a topic that myself and all of our friends discuss in detail very often.. A very good friend of mine has brought this whole end of days subject to the surface. We have actually researched the topic quite a bit. The mayans as well as many other races and religions have talked about the end of days with very similar stories.

People are affraid of what they do not know.. and are also content going about their safe litlle lives without wonder or care that there is something out there bigger than us. Whether it be fate, or prophecies... Its just to much for people to grasp.. To believe in the unsure?? how is that different than having religion?? believe in a high power.?? its the same.

For all of you that do question this.. I sugest that you do three things??? read the bible.. in particular (revalations)... watch "the end of days/accent aliens" on the history channel or on youtube.. and 3rd watch the movie called "knowing" with Nicholas Cage.. After you do that... you will see the conection..

The funny part about this all, is that people believe that this is some random made up thing... It may be a story.. one thats been passed down and changed slightly for each religion... but non the less the story about the world starting over ...

The funny part about this all, is that people believe that this is some random made up thing... It may be a story.. one thats been passed down and changed slightly for each religion... but non the less the story about the world starting over is there... Noah built the ark... the egyptians were irraticated...the dinosaurs and others extinct... mayans, gone... people have been given many chances to start over once again... Why wouldnt it be the same way.

*** My beliefs... I believe that we are are sort of an expiriment.. or possibly a chosen race. That a greater being has placed us here to either A). An attemp to evolve us into a supreme race (science project) ... or B). we are not from here at all... I feel this way because so many accient stories have to many similarities to be simply coencidental. All major historical civilization speak of gods from the skys.. and in many they are depicted as being human like, with elongated skulls and large alomnd shaped eyes. Egyptians in particular had huge pyrimids which we now know some of which were able to cunduct electricity or energy of some kind.. amazing??? or information passed down from their true created/ over-seeing being???? mayans??? I would have to say the most obserdly of the coencidental.. how is it possbile for a race with such little technology to know the presice coordinates for the galactic allighnment?? Just saying?? They have Found Large "god shaped" stones on Easter Island dated to the Mayan era.. This island is pretty much said to be a front row seat to the end of days??? or a designated retreival area?? The greeks.... they had many various gods that lived in the sky.... And christians... Our god also decends from the heavens from a beautiful blinding light.... Africans... african cultures have been known to go as far as binding there infant children; to ellongate their skulls in the attempt to make their young appear more god like... alien like????

Man is affraid of what he does not know.. scared of anything different or greater than himself. Being open minded is more than being open to try on different clothes... or new food... when Dec 2012 does occur.... I hope that nothing does happen... but, If it does??? I hope I have my ticket for that front row seat :)
    Not happening!
  • David 2012/08/12 13:21:25
    Bring on the Apocky Lips! (I hope the whole 2012 thing is real)
    David
    +1
    Only if Romneyhood is elected!
  • hapman 2012/08/12 12:47:56 (edited)
    hapman
    +1
    there's a thin film of stuff on the surface of this planet that eats itself.

earth from the moon
  • Tom R 007 2012/08/12 12:37:27
    Tom R 007
    +2
    This is just the date that the Mayan calendar ended, they never predicted the end of the world. All calendars have to end on some date, they can't be infinite. My calendar last year ended on December 31st 2011 but I never assumed that the world would end on that date.
  • Dave In... Tom R 007 2012/08/12 12:39:36
    Dave In Cali
    +2
    Too true. There a lot of creepy coincidences, though, don't you think?
  • Tom R 007 Dave In... 2012/08/12 12:44:19
  • Dave In... Tom R 007 2012/08/12 12:47:29
    Dave In Cali
    +1
    LOL! I was thinking more about our galactic alignment (completes on 12/22 this year), the Hopi's Kachina stories and the fact that the Bible (though I'm a devout skeptic of said book) depicted the "loosing of Satan" at or around 2000 AD... There are more, but I don't wanna flood this thread. Suffice it to say that I think mostly as you do - it's just the last page on a very old calendar - but one cannot escape the wealth of odd facts piling up next to that date...
  • Tom R 007 Dave In... 2012/08/12 12:54:52
    Tom R 007
    +2
    I'm a Christian, but I certainly don't take everything the Bible says literally. I'm intelligent enough to know that ancient Hebrew literature was very big on allegory and figurative language. A literal interpretation of the Bible is actually a relatively new concept, because modern Christians are unfamiliar with ancient Hebrew literature.
    All that aside though, I personally don't believe that anything will happen. However, if I'm wrong, at least every other bastard is going down with me!! Haha :-)
  • Dave In... Tom R 007 2012/08/12 12:55:51
    Dave In Cali
    +1
    Score one point for logic! Nice chatting with you :)
  • Tom R 007 Dave In... 2012/08/12 12:57:03
    Tom R 007
    Likewise :-)
  • hapman Tom R 007 2012/08/12 13:46:08
    hapman
    +1
    this is what I think. however, I keep hearing that they did predict the end thing. I don't know, and I haven't been able to find out for sure.
  • Tom R 007 hapman 2012/08/12 13:58:31
    Tom R 007
    You keep hearing things by crazy hippies and Hollywood movies, haha :-) There was no prediction made by the Mayans. They just had to end their calendar at some point. It couldn't go on forever.
  • hapman Tom R 007 2012/08/12 14:16:51
    hapman
    +1
    yep, totally what I think. disappointing. I really wanted to see this whole hideous mess wiped off the face of the space-time continuum.
  • 666_Maggots~I'm a female! 2012/08/12 12:27:13
    666_Maggots~I'm a female!
    +2
    I'm not secretly hoping, I'm very open about it. Bring on the APOCALYPSE!!!
  • hapman 666_Mag... 2012/08/12 14:51:42
  • fer_reals 2012/08/12 12:20:02
    fer_reals
  • Dave In... fer_reals 2012/08/12 12:25:14
    Dave In Cali
    +1
    That's an interesting tidbit, but it overlooks the fact that Leap Years are a requirement of the Gregorian Calendar - not theirs... the Long Count calendar does have a fixed starting point that has been worked out as a date in the Gregorian calendar (August 11, 3114 BCE), but the researchers who figured that out would have taken leap years into account for that. The relevant calculation would be in the Gregorian calendar, which does use leap years. The Mayans just counted days. Ergo, the date wouldn't change.

2014/12/22 03:31:19