Have you ever had a bad landlord?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/02 23:55:05

• VERYwiseguy 2012/05/03 17:06:31
    VERYwiseguy
    Many,many slum lords I called them.
  • Bronar 2012/05/03 15:14:15
    Bronar
    Lived in rent controlled apts in NYC. They had no incentive to fix whatever they could get away with. My very first landlord in Brooklyn tried to get sexual favors from me, didn't get anywhere, but...eek.
  • Mz Understood 2012/05/03 14:45:50 (edited)
    Mz Understood
    He neglected (refused) to spray for bugs after the last tenant (a hoarder, I later found out) moved out and I ended up with a scene out of Joes Apartment playing out in my bathroom. I opened the vanity door to pull out toilet paper and spent the next 4 hours killing and cleaning up after almost 200 palmetto bugs (aka roaches on steroids). They were in the walls and the pipe under my sink wasn't properly enclosed so they were making themselves at home. When I called, I got, "You live in Florida. There's bugs. Deal with it."

Then, I was sitting at my desk by the window in the living room and I kept hearing this weird buzzing sound. I opened the blinds to see WTH the noise was and the entire window (inside) was covered with these weird black, winged bugs. They had chewed through the wall next to the window and left a huge hole. I called and got the, "You live in Florida" thing again. I filled the hole with dry wall filler because I didn't know what else to do.

Then, I accidentally found out our one window was leaking when I tried to plug something in the outlet below it. That was shocking...to say the least. "So. Don't use the outlet."

And finally, when we were moving out, I found a wall behind my bookcases was covered in black mold. "Maybe you should learn to move thi...

And finally, when we were moving out, I found a wall behind my bookcases was covered in black mold. "Maybe you should learn to move things better when you clean."

All this within a years time. Just an FYI...I've lived in Florida for almost 15 years and I NEVER had this kind of bug problem. He just couldn't be bothered to properly maintain the property.
  • Lady Winters 2012/05/03 14:24:05
    Lady Winters
    I've never lived in an apartment or renthouse.
  • Tresa 2012/05/03 13:56:49
    Tresa
    I had one landlord who didn't pay the morgage on the house we were renting and we got a notice from the bank to be out in 2 weeks.
    I've certainly never had a landlady who could take on the murdering Axe Gang or The Beast.

landlady from kung fu hustle
    Yes .. (which is why I always had as a goal to own my own home from a very young age)
    Nowadays .. I enjoy my own HOME!
  • Helmholtz 2012/05/03 09:02:54
    Helmholtz
    +1
    Well, not bad to me. Just really creepy. A retired gym coach who went to the Philippines every year to find a prostitute to live with for a month or two. Every other conversation somehow ended up with him telling me how I really needed to go to the Philippines.
  • CREW grand 2012/05/03 05:41:15
    CREW grand
    +1
    Ha ha, just yesterday we got our 60-day notice to vacate.

Don
  • Maddo 2012/05/03 05:27:55
    Maddo
    +1
    he kick me out for no reason
  • Gregaj7 2012/05/03 04:23:53
    +1
    No complaints that I'm aware of.
  • Miko Mikomiko 2012/05/03 04:23:44
    Miko Mikomiko
    +2
    Not yet
  • ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own 2012/05/03 04:00:12
    ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own
    +1
    He was a racist d-bag and generally unpleasant.
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2012/05/03 03:54:20
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    My present landlord; I've started calling him "the landlord from hell." The house is in foreclosure (his own fault cuz my rent alone would have paid the mortgage on the 2 properties that are being foreclosed on). He used to be a cop & has absolutely NO people skills. He boarded up the basement door & we've had to go thru an old floor grate to get to the basement when a circuit breaker tripped. You should've seen how bruised up I got when I had to crawl through that floor grate. It was horrible.
  • La 2012/05/03 03:24:33
    La
    +2
    Not really. The landlord my boyfriend and I had was really slack. He didn't bother to come over to collect rent and didn't have a system set up where we would netbank it over. He just trusted us to keep track of how much rent we owed and when he finally came around, we would give it to him.

Actually upon consideration, he was pretty bad. He had a whole lot of junk in one of the rooms and would come around, use all our bags packing it up (most of it was trash) and then leave our living room full of his bags for us to get rid of.
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/05/03 02:31:59
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +4
    That was a great movie that you took your main picture from.
  • Jason Krajniak 2012/05/03 00:36:18
    Jason Krajniak
    +2
    never live in a apartment
  • Yuffie ♫ K-POP Dance Guru 2012/05/03 00:26:41
    Yuffie ♫ K-POP Dance Guru
  • SneakyPete 2012/05/02 23:56:31
    SneakyPete
    +1
    NO.... Thank goodness......

2014/10/23 01:49:26