Have you ever eaten Horse?

Wayne TH G 333 2012/07/30 05:06:00
No (Don't want to)
No (Want to try it though)

• Jorge Enriquez 2012/08/28 04:47:20
    Jorge Enriquez
    +1
    IDK maybe someone lie to me
  • Jack 2012/08/05 00:21:09
    No (Want to try it though)
    Jack
    +1
    No, but I don't have a moral problem with it, and I'm planning on spending a lot of time in France quite soon, so it may happen!
    What's with all the food questions matey?
  • Wayne T... Jack 2012/08/05 01:09:20
    Wayne TH G 333
    I'm not entirely sure how my own mind works to be honest!
  • Jack Wayne T... 2012/08/05 01:25:08
    Jack
    +1
    Haha, I think we'd get on! Where in Britain do you live, anyway?
  • Wayne T... Jack 2012/08/05 01:29:04
    Wayne TH G 333
    Coventry, yourself?
  • Jack Wayne T... 2012/08/05 01:47:54
    Jack
    +1
    Man, I spent a weekend there a few months ago! Stayed in the Ibis on the edge of town with the lass I was with. Not a bad place! I was in Plymouth for years until recently, but now I'm back up in my county of Yorkshire, just near Ripon. We'll have to meet up some time!
  • Wayne T... Jack 2012/08/05 01:59:55
    Wayne TH G 333
    Yeah we should, I'm up for that!
  • Me 2012/07/31 04:32:08
    No (Don't want to)
    Me
    +1
    okayyy reallyyyyy
  • Heyow:) 2012/07/30 23:56:41
    No (Don't want to)
    Heyow:)
    +1
    noooooo horses are the best animals and you can ride them, they pretty to :) mother and foal
  • India 2012/07/30 21:40:02
    No (Don't want to)
    India
    +1
    they ate me one of them bit me when i was a kid i hate them
  • No (Don't want to)
    ♥♥♥MoDeSta-or just ElBiTa!♥♥♥
    +1
    No 0_0...What??
    People eat horses these times??? 0_o
  • Rob Williams 2012/07/30 18:04:32
    Rob Williams
    +1
    In France once... it was OK.
  • wolf sloan 2012/07/30 15:02:28
    wolf sloan
    +2
    Not sure. I've had a few "mystery meat" meals before
  • Vijay Pawar 2012/07/30 14:29:47
    No (Don't want to)
    Vijay Pawar
    +1
    EAT LOYALTY...... NEVER....... http://images.sodahead.com/pr...
  • LAAD Gunner - USMC 2012/07/30 14:23:57
    No (Don't want to)
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +2
    Nope and I have no desire to. Let me make this clear though there is nothing wrong with eating horse! I just have no interest in it.
  • Max7 2012/07/30 14:17:16
    No (Don't want to)
    Max7
    +1
    I heard that it's a very course, tough meat
  • Lizzeh 2012/07/30 14:06:27
    No (Don't want to)
    Lizzeh
    +1
    WTF? You guys are freakin' horrible.
  • LAAD Gu... Lizzeh 2012/07/30 14:24:25
  • Lizzeh LAAD Gu... 2012/07/30 14:33:30
    Lizzeh
    +1
    I don't support meat eaters. And it's just a "WTF" moment for me.
  • LAAD Gu... Lizzeh 2012/07/30 14:41:56
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    What do you think is done when a horse becomes lame, hurt or old? And if you don't support meat eaters that's a seperate issue entirely. May I ask why that is?
  • Lizzeh LAAD Gu... 2012/07/30 15:04:14
    Lizzeh
    +1
    No you may not ask why that is. I don't support meat eaters, I don't think anyone should eat meat, end of story. I shouldn't have to explain myself.
  • LAAD Gu... Lizzeh 2012/07/30 15:42:17
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    Don't you think that is a little naive of you? The human body, for one, is not made to live on a strictly vegetarian diet. That does not mean that one cannot live on a vegetarian diet, but you will not be obtaining many important nutrients that your body needs. That being said, that is your choice and I fully support that, that's not a problem. But when you make statements like "no one should eat meat period" that to me is a problem. You are perfectly within your right not to eat meat, but why would you expect that of everyone? But that, in and of itself, is not what makes you naive.

What makes you naive is this. What do you think would happen if no one in the world ever ate meat? I am referring, of course, to animal over-population. Have you ever hit a deer with your vehicle? I have a feeling you have not. How much have you been out of the city in your life? I'm guessing (idk) but GUESSING that you have lived in the city your whole life. You think no one should eat meat? What do you think should be done with cattle? Sheep? Among other animals...do you believe they should all be allowed to simply run lose? I'm asking these things because I don't think you have considered, even for an instant, the repercussions of what would happen if you had your way and no one ate meat. It's ...

What makes you naive is this. What do you think would happen if no one in the world ever ate meat? I am referring, of course, to animal over-population. Have you ever hit a deer with your vehicle? I have a feeling you have not. How much have you been out of the city in your life? I'm guessing (idk) but GUESSING that you have lived in the city your whole life. You think no one should eat meat? What do you think should be done with cattle? Sheep? Among other animals...do you believe they should all be allowed to simply run lose? I'm asking these things because I don't think you have considered, even for an instant, the repercussions of what would happen if you had your way and no one ate meat. It's unrealistic and it would have disastrous results.

Do you know why there are hunting seasons? And I'm not talking about just deer. There are multiple reasons. For one, there used to be no seasons, people were free to hunt whatever they wanted year round. That was a problem because it caused extinction and near extinction of many animals. Initially hunting was banned on many animals because their numbers were so low. But as numbers rose, hunting seasons were introduced. The purpose of hunting seasons are for wildlife management. Both to control over-harvesting certain animals and ALSO to control wildlife numbers from rising too high, because that too has serious repercussions.

Another problem. If all humans maintained a strictly vegetarian diet, do you not see the food crisis that would make? Before too long vegetarian animals would be dying off because humans would now be fighting for the same resources that THEY need to survive...

I would keep going, I COULD keep going for a long time. But you seem to think you don't need to defend your own political stances. And yes this is political because, something like what you're referring to where no one should eat meat, that effects EVERYONE so it is very much a political issue. It's a very childish one too I might add. But you don't think this is something you should have to explain right?
  • Lizzeh LAAD Gu... 2012/07/30 15:59:38
    Lizzeh
    +1
    Does it look like I care whether the human body isn't made for vegetarianism? I take vitamins, I'm healthy and that's all I care about. I honestly don't care whether you think what I said is a problem or not. It's called freedom of speech. And by you asking me questions, that gave me permission to state my opinion. And no, I do not live in the city as of right now and I haven't for three years. I didn't waste my time reading what all you had to say because I could care less. You're so worked up over MY opinion. This is what I think, you can think differently all you want, we do in fact have two different minds. Your opinion is irrelevant to me. Good day. :]
  • LAAD Gu... Lizzeh 2012/07/30 16:34:45
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    Having a closed mind and not listening to anyone doesn't get you anywhere. Topics like this concern me because agriculture and cattle in particular are my family's business, it's what we do. I never said you don't have a right to your opinion, you do. I have just as much a right to mine and just as much a right to tell you some things you might want to think about. You're on an opinion website, you're going to experience opposition to your views. Some opposition will be rude and vicious, in fact a lot will be...but some people just want to have a conversation and possibly give you some things to think about, as well as possibly open their own minds about some of YOUR feelings. I'm young just as you are. There is a lot I don't know. But there is also a lot that I do know. All I'm saying is that you do yourself a disservice by closing your mind to others. But you too, have a good day :)
  • Lizzeh LAAD Gu... 2012/08/01 00:47:03 (edited)
    Lizzeh
    +1
    Oh my mind is open. But I've heard the same damn thing over and over and OVER again. I'm tired of hearing it, that's why I stopped reading. I never said you didn't have the right to state your opinion, state it all the time, but that doesn't mean I'm going to listen to it. I only have a closed mind to certain topics such as this one. Disservice? I need to be hurt? Wow, okay :) I will
  • LAAD Gu... Lizzeh 2012/08/01 06:31:51
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    What good does having a closed mind on a topic such as this do?
  • Lizzeh LAAD Gu... 2012/08/01 17:45:06
    Lizzeh
    +1
    It blocks out your opinion, doesn't it? Told you I didn't wanna hear it. Kay thanks bye.
  • LAAD Gu... Lizzeh 2012/08/01 18:44:49
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    And what good does that do? You're on an opinion site...blocking out anyone who disagrees with you?
  • Lizzeh LAAD Gu... 2012/08/01 19:22:44
    Lizzeh
    +1
    Yup. I'm not obligated to listen to anyone's opinion. If I want to, I will. If not, then I won't. I'm stubborn so yes I just block it out.
  • LAAD Gu... Lizzeh 2012/08/01 19:27:31
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    So is that the way you "win" an argument? Good job.
  • Lizzeh LAAD Gu... 2012/08/01 19:33:21
    Lizzeh
    +1
    In my head you lost as soon as you got offended. Thanks :)
  • LAAD Gu... Lizzeh 2012/08/01 20:47:13
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    I never got offended. I said you were naive and close minded. Apparently you're choosing to stay that way, that's your choice. But closing your ears to others doesn't mean you win.
  • Lizzeh LAAD Gu... 2012/08/01 23:54:05
    Lizzeh
    +1
    Like I said.. in my mind, I win. You acted offended and that's enough for me.
  • Yosyp 2012/07/30 13:50:39
    No (Don't want to)
    Yosyp
    +1
    Not that I know of
    +1
    Yes, when I was in France
  • U-Dog 2012/07/30 13:48:24
    No (Don't want to)
    U-Dog
    +2
    I would eat horse meat if I was starving to death but I have no desire to see on a supermarket shelf.
  • Matthew Marek 2012/07/30 13:44:24
    No (Don't want to)
    Matthew Marek
    +1
    never have, don't want to either
  • MlssCue =Go Blue= 2012/07/30 13:43:51
    No (Don't want to)
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    +1
    I really hope the ones who said they have or want to are lying! Why would anyone want to eat one of the most beautiful animals alive? Hope someone gets kicked in the head with a hoof!

horses
  • LAAD Gu... MlssCue... 2012/07/30 14:26:18
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +2
    What do you think is done with them when they're old or if they get hurt and can't walk anymore?
  • MlssCue... LAAD Gu... 2012/07/30 15:06:22
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    +1
    Whatever it is I don't want to know. I chose to live naively when it comes to such things. :)

2014/09/20 12:07:28