Have you ever cut yourself for fun? As in cutting yourself.

*Damon Fan* 2010/03/16 03:51:13

• Jayce 2010/05/04 23:03:17
    no
    Jayce
    +7
    Although I have cut myself before without knowing what I'm cutting myself for, I have never cut myself for fun. I don't even understand how you think that cutting could in any possible way be "fun." It's not for shits and giggles, it's an addiction.

• tia 2014/04/20 05:57:52
    no
    tia
    +1
    I cut because I'm depressed & it's just something that I do but I definitely don't do it for fun ! & never will because once you start it's so hard to stop !
  • Justin Centeno 2014/04/14 21:24:53
    yes
    Justin Centeno
    Well, to me cutting must be one of the most beautifies things in that world. I cut myself for pain and how the feeling goes throw my body. feels like I'm doing crack or something hardcore. I love seeing blood on me and thinking about this makes me happy. It makes me laugh when I see people in pain. I get a kick out of it. I love this cutting myself to me its my personal drug and I love the high and rush. I can say so much about this and how I feel and think but although I don't do it to try to kill myself or anything. I do it because I love the feel and the way I think... Well I can say about it. The only person who should know my feeling is myself =)
  • Zim 2014/02/07 21:13:30 (edited)
    yes
    Zim
    +1
    i cut for different reasons.
    sometimes i cut because i got problems (depression, self hate, etc)
    and sometimes i don't know why i cut.
    i discovered i like the pain.
    if i cut for no reason but i just do, then i must be cutting for fun.
    most of my cuts now seems to have no reason, and i am enjoying the pain and scabs and scars. unlike most people i'm not hiding them either.
    i think there's something really wrong with me, i must be sick and i must be a freak... heck i am, it's on my arm someplace.
  • katheri... Zim 2014/05/03 05:35:04
    katherine wood
    +3
    I do the exact same thing..i cut for the feeling it gives me and I don't hide it either..u are not a freak,,,just a rare unique kind of person..
  • kirstyllx 2013/11/15 04:18:51
    no
    kirstyllx
    +1
    I hv friends who do cut 4 various reasons. They post pics of their wrists on instagram and I keep trying 2 tell them 2 stop but smtimes they don't listen. I know one of them is going 4 counselling and I hope that can help her. I m glad you re still here
  • ellise 2013/09/09 20:53:08
    no
    ellise
    I have never cut myself for fun but I have cut my self before and still do know I cut my self before I go to sleep before I go to school I do it because I get lonely scared and stressed and at first I tryed it I was really stressed and then after that it became obssasive I couldn't stop doing it I did it again and again and again and I'm not sure ill ever stop cutting myself I would hope people don't find it funny or a joke to cut them self for a joke or for fun !!!!!
  • Jonathan V. 2013/09/09 18:43:57
    no
    Jonathan V.
    I had cut myself, still do in fact. But NEVER for fun. I always had a legit reason to cut myself, such as stress, loneliness, or embarrassment. And I don't cut myself just because I'm sad. I was confused as to why cutting yourself can ever be addicting. But I realized that anything that feels good can be addictive.
  • dren cross 2013/06/18 17:53:57
    yes
    dren cross
    in coming up to my mid teens finished high school going into collage. I have cut myself recently I haven't shared this with anyone I know. not even those closed to me. I don't know why I did cut myself all I know is I'm a bit depressed and I don't see meaning in things. Is it odd or wrong to cut myself out of boredom?
  • Sasha 2013/06/08 17:43:20
    no
    Sasha
    I used to cut myself and still do as I am a young teen, BUT there is no way u could be doing this for fun! I cut myself to help make the pain go away. I also do it because I would rather hurt myself then someone else. It can also be a lot easier then telling other people sometimes. I never used to cry or tell anyone how I felt or showed my pain on the outside. This is also why I used to cut myself. I was sick of everything and wanted all the pain to stop and I had considered suicide BUT some how when I told a friend that helped. She ended up talking my out of it. Cutting yourself is a very serious thing and should not be considered fun. People just like me do/did it because it was the only way to get away from the real world smetimes and because of all those bullies out there. Over the years I have learnt a couple of thing thanks to those bullies an just remember to not always listen to what other people think of you because it doesn't matter!!!! PEACE OUT PEEPS!!!
  • BVB#1Fan 2013/05/20 04:00:38
    no
    BVB#1Fan
    +1
    ive cut but never for fun and it really is an addicition
  • Chloe 2013/01/24 09:59:23
    no
    Chloe
    +1
    I understand that every person has their reasons for cutting, but no reason is any more valid than the next. There are no "real" and "just for fun" cutters; a cutter is a cutter, and it's not a competition. Either way you look at it, it is, as people have said, simply an addiction, whether in desperation and depression, or because you damn well felt like it. Diagnosed with a form of Dissociative Identity Disorder some years back in aftermath of an attempted extreme overdose, I was hospitalized for nearly a month before they decided that I could leave to go home. My ex-boyfriend took all medications away from me, including my prescription for the recurring migraines, and essentially told me that it was all my fault, and made sure to inform me of how much of a disappointment I was to him. Believe me, once you've already given up once, only to develop a very serious disorder as a result, and are then told that it's all your fault, you tend to try to find ways to cope with what's left in your life. And maybe that happens to be through taking control of what you have left. In my case, I could take control over my pain on the outside. Personally, I could never see myself cutting out of fun, since developing seizures usually inhibit your ability to not ram a razor blade deep into you...

I understand that every person has their reasons for cutting, but no reason is any more valid than the next. There are no "real" and "just for fun" cutters; a cutter is a cutter, and it's not a competition. Either way you look at it, it is, as people have said, simply an addiction, whether in desperation and depression, or because you damn well felt like it. Diagnosed with a form of Dissociative Identity Disorder some years back in aftermath of an attempted extreme overdose, I was hospitalized for nearly a month before they decided that I could leave to go home. My ex-boyfriend took all medications away from me, including my prescription for the recurring migraines, and essentially told me that it was all my fault, and made sure to inform me of how much of a disappointment I was to him. Believe me, once you've already given up once, only to develop a very serious disorder as a result, and are then told that it's all your fault, you tend to try to find ways to cope with what's left in your life. And maybe that happens to be through taking control of what you have left. In my case, I could take control over my pain on the outside. Personally, I could never see myself cutting out of fun, since developing seizures usually inhibit your ability to not ram a razor blade deep into your forearm, and be able to to do anything to get it out.

With calming music in a relaxing atmosphere, I find it very comforting to take the wheel of my senses, and steer myself in the direction I want to go. I may not be able to fix myself completely on the inside, but through cutting I have found a way to find myself again, and heal through taking control of my body. For anyone who does cut out of depression, I understand how you could feel like it's necessary; how it could be an escape, but there is one thing that you must always remember..

No matter how bad it seems, there's always someone right now who has it worse, and they still find a way. Never let cutting escalate like I did. I let it take control of me, and only now, 4 1/2 years after the attempted suicide, am I finally starting to come to terms with what I have done, and how it would have effected those around me, despite what I thought at the time.

Even if you think not, there's always someone in the world who loves you for who you are, and couldn't imagine life without you. For your own sake, and for the sake those who care about you, if you don't break your cutting addiction, at least talk to someone about it, or your depression if necessary. I didn't, and there i was with massive memory lapses and frequent seizures, not knowing who I was anymore, or who else I was, and a lost sense of my person, which, in this girl's opinion, was a fate worse than death.
  • The one that wasnt 2013/01/23 06:01:28
    no
    The one that wasnt
    +1
    I don't see how people could do this for fun. I started when I was 12 and I instantly got addicted. For me its about the adrenaline rush, hearing my skin tearing apart and watching the blood flow freely (which is a lot easier to do now that I am on blood thinners). I am now 23 and I still cannot stop. I have to be really careful these days so my daughter doesn't see them. She is old enough that she would probably ask questions. This is NOT the life I want for her! Or anyone else for that matter. I know what its like not to have anyone to talk to about it. My mom also put me in counseling when she found out I was cutting. Luckily for me my best friend had started too. I saw the marks on her arm one day and then we started cutting together. It made it easier to deal with the pain and the real reason(s) why we were cutting. For anyone that needs help with this or just wants someone to listen please feel free to email me. I know what its like to go trough this alone and be told "theres something wrong with you". I'm here to listen or to give advice or both...whatever you need!
  • Gabby 2013/01/01 07:06:46
    no
    Gabby
    Sometimes when I cut I'm not really sure why I do it. But it's never for fun. It's more of an addiction. And my friends are always checking my wrists, which just makes me learn how to hind it better.
  • Kaylah 2012/11/30 10:17:52 (edited)
    yes
    Kaylah
    +1
    I cut myself for fun once, now, years later, I started again. I also hide all the signs, no one but my best friend knows I do it and since she found out, she's been real peed off at me. She blames herself for my self harming. Please, if your reading this, don't do it, it ruins everything and once you start, its hard to stop. Its an addiction and it takes over. I enjoy cutting but I cut my upper thigh so no one knows anything. I enjoy pain because I don't usually feel it. Im usually numb but then I cut and I feel alive again.
  • dren cross Kaylah 2013/06/18 17:55:39
    dren cross
    +1
    that's a good way to put it and I agree with you on may things
  • Isabel Salsbury 2012/11/17 01:23:05
    yes
    Isabel Salsbury
    i dont ever cut my wrists but i cut my finger tips where people never look. i mean who looks at your finger pads? i mostly do it on my thumb because i can fit the most cuts there but i dont do cutting for fun. even if i said yes its not for fun.
  • brandon 2012/11/16 13:55:22
  • Elaine Dong 2012/10/26 01:13:12
  • Jonnymigo 2012/08/30 17:25:02 (edited)
    yes
    Jonnymigo
    +5
    I cut myself, I suppose it's just letting my emotions out due to the fact I never cry and keep all my thoughts to myself. I like the buzz off cutting myself and testing my own body to see what pain i can take. Cutting isn't my special though, i prefer burns VIA lighter/Cigerette.

letting emotions buzz cutting testing body pain cutting burns lightercigerette

• allie 2012/03/17 22:30:13
    no
    allie
    +1
    I just wanted to let cutters know that it does get better I promise. It may be something that helps you cope with pain and or sadness as of now but go seek help even if you think it wont work I promise you it will help you atleast a little bit or fully. Imagine this in your prom dress or in your wedding dress what will you do?........ What if you want to wear shorts or a tank top or tshirt without a sweatshirt or jacket or sweater. If you want to get rid of your cuts they do sell different types of things that will fade your scars. If you dont cut never start you will get addicted and possibly never be able to stop until you seek help from a prof person. Or if you realize that you need to stop it isnt really helping you to cut. just remember it always gets better.
  • ThePastIsMyPresent 2012/03/13 22:56:46
    yes
    ThePastIsMyPresent
    Its not really for fun but I can't seem to get over the need to cut. It's become an addiction and ruled my life since I was 10. I know I shouldn't do it but I can't help not to. I see my therapist every one to two weeks but I found myself cutting my legs to get away with it... I can't help it but it's just some way to deal with the pain of everything. It's the only thing that makes me feel alive.
  • fgsdgjgj 2011/12/22 06:49:48
    yes
    fgsdgjgj
    All the time ;) Just dont get too crazy with it.
  • cookie monster 2011/11/30 06:23:57
    no
    cookie monster
    my parents found out about 2 months ago now i have to see a physcologist and apparently im making progress. just thought i would share that with yous. :)
  • gipto 2011/10/19 10:56:10
    yes
    gipto
    i had cut my hand for my gfrnd bt c didnt realised my love till nw it was wriien on my hand
  • Lee 2011/10/12 01:20:20
    yes
    Lee
    +2
    I am so addicted to cutting myself, still, and it makes me feel like I am a freak, but, still want to do it.
  • Abby 2011/09/26 19:05:51
  • nellie nel 2011/08/30 00:20:17
    no
    nellie nel
    +1
    ive neva done it 4 fun but i hav done it bcuz it relieves the pain 4 a lil while at least
  • Mary 2011/08/16 05:05:02
    no
    Mary
    +2
    I started cutting at age 15, and I've stopped many times. I started seriously cutting at age 18, in my second semester of college because of stress. Cutting isn't fun. I now cut because emotionally, mentally and physically, I can't feel anything. That's how it seems. I have marks up and down my arm and when I've asked for help, my mom dismissed it and told me to stop or I'd be sent to a mental hospital. I'm sure my family suspects something is wrong, but they don't say anything out loud.
    Cutting is a problem. It can also become an obsessive compulsive disorder. For me, it is just that but also a part of manic depression. Cutting hurts everyone, including family members and the person doing it.
  • Shannon 2011/08/14 01:38:50
    no
    Shannon
    I've cut myself b4 and NO FREAKIN wayyy is it what so every fun! cutting is a addiction and problem that people need to seek help of b4 its to late, it leaves scars and reminds you ur whole life of that painful moment! Ur never gonna be able to get rid of that aweful memories! So no if u cut for fun ur pathetic ur like mocking depressed ppl! I bet if depressed cutterz had a choice to stop and go back nd erase those scars nd painful memories nd marks they would, i regret doing this very much! SO FOR EVERYONE READING THIS PLEASE LETS STOP SELF HARM! or seek help and stop this plz god made everyone to live ur life and enjoy not to harm urself nd ruin his beautiful creation, everyone has a story behind it nd so do i, i cut my self when i was just 13, now im 14:/ i hate lookin at the marks nd scars it painful inside nd out for me, so plz lets put a stop to self body harm! for god sakes!
  • death god 2011/08/13 16:38:32
  • death god death god 2011/08/13 16:39:45
    death god
    +5
    Im really not proud, but i cant stop.
  • marty m... death god 2013/11/04 21:17:20
    marty mulvihill
    +2
    I can't stop either
  • Justin ... death god 2014/04/14 21:27:56
    Justin Centeno
    +2
    beautiful
  • Sierra Michelle 2011/08/02 06:16:43
    yes
    Sierra Michelle
    +1
    i have cut before... its a hard addiction to get over... at this moment right now i feel like i need to but why... so i can sit here and look at what i did.... feeling this way is the worst feeling ever.....
  • Sierra ... Sierra ... 2011/08/02 06:17:31
    Sierra Michelle
    +2
    i ment to put no.. i thought it was just asking if i cut.....
  • kevin wilson 2011/07/29 18:32:07
    yes
    kevin wilson
    +1
    I dont think anyone just cuts themselves for fun. yes, some may like the feeling, because sometimes the physical pain can help the emotional pain less. And then there are those who can find themeselves cutting themselves, and not understand why.
  • death god kevin w... 2011/08/13 16:42:51
  • Annonymous 2011/07/21 05:34:12
    no
    Annonymous
    I cut myself, and I don't consider that I'm doing it for fun. It's just a coping mechanism for me. It's all about giving myself something else to be distracted about rather than the deep psychological pain I am feeling. I guess my parents recent divorce and the fact that I have been pushed aside and become almost invisible in my family is the reason I started. That and because I have no one to talk to, or who is willing to listen; that could also be why I started. I don't want people to know, although a guy at work saw my wrist and another boy I know guessed it, but neither or them seemed particularly worried or cared about my self-harm and for that I am greatful. I want to say that I will stop this habit but I have been cutting since I was 11, I'm almost 20 now and I don't think I can stop. I rely on the peace it gives me too much.
  • death god Annonymous 2011/08/13 16:47:57
    death god
    +3
    im always here to listen and care, so if you need to talk about it, you can always talk to me. i have recently started and well i actually find it better to talk about why you do it and what your feeling because it really does help, i have this friend, he is a good listener and he helps me get through it. i know i only recently started but soon hopefully i will have stopped because of the help my friend is giving me. so I am here if you need to talk :)
  • Lee death god 2011/10/18 16:31:14
    Lee
    This is wonderful, I hope the friend you have, helps u to stop before it get too late. If I could help, even one person to stop, I would be very happy.

2014/11/24 17:41:20