Have you ever blocked another user on SH?

No One 2012/11/13 22:55:59
Related Topics: Talk

If you did would you be willing to talk about why you blocked?

• roman.espla 2012/11/22 15:27:35
    No I have not
    roman.espla
    I did block the nun who loved me.
  • boltfox20 2012/11/19 21:20:49
    No I have not
    boltfox20
    Not to my knowledge, anyway. How does one check that sort of thing?

Well, it's not that important. I try not to block anyone. I consider it running away from an argument if one person blocks another. They might as well have just ignored them, but they apparently did not have the will power to do even that, and thus had to remove them from their existence.
  • LayLady 2012/11/17 23:43:50
    Yes I have
    LayLady
    A fake account
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2012/11/17 20:34:06
    Yes I have
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +1
    a few people. i rarely block anybody though even if they are rude. the only people ive blocked were the ones who got REALLY annoying and the ones who seemed creepy.
  • NCIS Addict 2012/11/16 00:32:51
    Yes I have
    NCIS Addict
    +1
    But i came to my senses and shortly unblocked them. Never blocked anyone since.
  • No One NCIS Ad... 2012/11/16 02:23:04
    No One
    What about if someone posted some mean comments directly on your prophile? Would you block someone if he/she did that?
  • NCIS Ad... No One 2012/11/16 02:29:23 (edited)
    NCIS Addict
    +1
    Depends on what "mean" means...If it was vulgar or threatening, i would report them. Most of the time if they post something trying to make you mad, i thank them for their comment and wish them a great day. That ticks them off even more.
  • NCIS Ad... NCIS Ad... 2012/11/16 02:30:51
    NCIS Addict
    +1
    You got to take everything with a grain of salt. Some people here only post things to make you mad, just ignore it.
  • casey mahoney 2012/11/15 09:36:28
    No I have not
    casey mahoney
    +1
    Most people are cool others argue and I love the challenge the more they harass the more they look stupid and uneducated. lol I love it the more they keep going the more they have no ground to stand on they all have given up yah I win lol for me I dont take things personaly I try to be nice but acertive and I try to have fun hopefuly not hurting feelings however sometimes the truth hurts.
  • No One casey m... 2012/11/15 19:55:09
    No One
    Have you ever been blocked?
  • casey m... No One 2012/11/15 21:15:35
    casey mahoney
    +1
    Not that I know of usually they keep replying to my comments once they stop then its over. No need for anything more. I am not into harassing just making a point. I however do love the challenge because it helps me to not only know that person and their beliefs a bit better but I get new info for either making my point or finding I am wrong and adjusting my opinions. As long as no one takes it personal then it can be done in fun and be educational. :) Once told my husband the most poisonous spider was a daddy long leg he said no it wasn’t it is recluse we argued for days in fun we looked it up online and I was half right and he was half right. It was not a daddy long leg but it looked like a daddy long leg it was in the same family. It was fun an educational and we had some fun bantering. I realize not everyone takes it in a good way but they do not have to keep replying to my comments. Also I always back up my claims and beliefs with real info and explain why I have that opinion and people can accept it or not. people can accept others opinions or not. I respect others opinions and beliefs however many people do not and then give false information when claiming what they say and thats where I come in they can belive what they want but they shouldnt tell people myths or give t...
    Not that I know of usually they keep replying to my comments once they stop then its over. No need for anything more. I am not into harassing just making a point. I however do love the challenge because it helps me to not only know that person and their beliefs a bit better but I get new info for either making my point or finding I am wrong and adjusting my opinions. As long as no one takes it personal then it can be done in fun and be educational. :) Once told my husband the most poisonous spider was a daddy long leg he said no it wasn’t it is recluse we argued for days in fun we looked it up online and I was half right and he was half right. It was not a daddy long leg but it looked like a daddy long leg it was in the same family. It was fun an educational and we had some fun bantering. I realize not everyone takes it in a good way but they do not have to keep replying to my comments. Also I always back up my claims and beliefs with real info and explain why I have that opinion and people can accept it or not. people can accept others opinions or not. I respect others opinions and beliefs however many people do not and then give false information when claiming what they say and thats where I come in they can belive what they want but they shouldnt tell people myths or give the wrong information to do it. when you point out this to them they relize they need more info I have had one fella reply back almost a week later cuze he did some homework. I try not to insult them unless they go there first and then I still try to be nice.
  • No One casey m... 2012/11/16 02:43:52
    No One
    Well it sounds like you are actually a pretty open minded and nice person based on what you are saying. I guess since I don't know you that well I kind of have to take your word on that one. I was just thinking if you are as open minded as you say you are would you like to play a game with me for me to test you? I would like to basically come up with some questions most people would not know the answer to or would give the wrong answer to and see if you can get the right answer. I might also like to give you some questions that you probably would know the answer to so to prevent you from knowing which questions you know the answer to. I think I would also like to ask some questions in which many people may give an answer out of emotion whether than reason to make sure you can give the correct answer even if it may be one that would be upsetting. I would also like to see you ask me some questions that I probably don't know the answer to and see if I can get the answer and ask me some questions I probably do know the answer to. I do hope you accept this challenge and that if you accept it we can both learn from it.
  • casey m... No One 2012/11/16 07:59:06 (edited)
    casey mahoney
    I am game I am up for the challenge ask me a question on my page. I will let you start :)
  • nut TheBlackhearts 2012/11/15 00:42:25
    No I have not
    nut TheBlackhearts
    every body lovely
  • bigfoot 2012/11/14 23:28:02
    No I have not
    bigfoot
    Safe to say Republican Conservatives hold that record.Why?They couldn't defend their comment.
  • Purple Pinto ~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/14 22:41:37
    Yes I have
    Purple Pinto ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Sure have. There are those here who stalk and harrass. Not in a sexual way, they harrass because you have different political opinions usually and those that have been blocked have been particulaly vile and deserved such.

Freedom of speech is not harmed by someone shutting you off thier own personal 'channel'. You may have the right to say whatever you'd like, but it doesn't equate to me being forced to listen. Some purely abuse their freedoms and others.
  • Sin Purple ... 2012/11/15 00:30:16
    Sin
    +2
    i have had that exact thing happen to me, i tend to be good at speed reading and this person kept harrassing me, i have red flagged him, but i didn't know how to block him.. but now that i know that i can... well... this picture should say it all ;D
    exact speed reading person harrassing red flagged block picture
  • No One Sin 2012/11/15 00:32:17
    No One
    Would you like for me to explain to you how to block him?
  • Sin No One 2012/11/15 01:05:58
    Sin
    +1
    oh yes please! *o*
  • No One Sin 2012/11/15 01:15:52
    No One
    Well if you click on his avatar it will take you to his prophile and next to his prophile picture you will see a bar and on that bar is the block button and when you click the block button a mini screen will pop up making sure you want to block him and then hit the ok button on that screen to block him.

If you are still confused please tell me and I will try to explain in a different way.
  • Sin 2012/11/14 22:32:19
    No I have not
    Sin
    +1
    "It's a whole different experience for women.I believe most of us spend the first 10 mins. every time we're here purging our mail box of perverts that need blocking"- AM
    (yes she said this and im quoting her)
    also i didn't even know we could block... fail my life x.x
  • casey m... Sin 2012/11/15 09:39:31 (edited)
    casey mahoney
    +1
    I am a women and have not had a pervert yet they may not want to take me on either lol
    sorry you have had that experiance get agressive most men are intemidated by me and uswally dont bother me and the ones that do get really really mad because I make them look stupid lol
  • Sin casey m... 2012/11/15 21:49:25
    Sin
    +2
    thats what happened to me, its like jeez stop please
    the cheesy lines, acting like you know what im going to say.
    there is only so much before i become a B**** about it :/
    and its really thanks to AM because what she said i totally agree with :3
  • Manster 2012/11/14 22:00:15
    No I have not
    Manster
    +1
    It's like that old joke about which is easier to do! It takes less effort to ignore someone than to block them!
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/11/14 21:57:34
    No I have not
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    It is freedom of speech....... and I don't have to communicate with anyone I don's
    want.....
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/11/14 21:45:36
    Yes I have
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +3
    Yes, but about 3 years ago, I unblocked them and haven't blocked again since. Most of the ones I had blocked in the beginning were deactivated anyway. I still reserve the right to block, but just haven't found the need to do it.
  • noha 2012/11/14 21:36:04
    No I have not
    noha
    no
  • Veritas 2012/11/14 21:17:28
    Yes I have
    Veritas
    +4
    Once. The individual is no longer here. He opined that it was right that my father was shot in the line of duty helping someone for the sole reason that he was a cop.

I should have ignored him, but I was angry and blocked him.
  • Purple ... Veritas 2012/11/14 22:42:51
    Purple Pinto ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    You had every right to block such a callous, hateful individual. Don't waste a moment feeling a shred of guilt for that one.
  • Veritas Purple ... 2012/11/15 00:00:58
    Veritas
    +2
    Thank you!
  • No One Veritas 2012/11/15 00:06:17
    No One
    +1
    I agree with Purple you have every right to block someone who would be happy about your fathers death. I probably would have done the same thing if I was in your situation. I mean if anyone wishes for a group or individual other than someone like a serial killer or child molester to suffer or die I block am very likely to block that individual.
  • Veritas No One 2012/11/15 04:25:21
    Veritas
    +1
    Thanks. The guy was a troll. He was soon gone from Sodahead. I wasn't the only one that was irritated! Thanks for your kind words. :o)
  • AM 2012/11/14 21:16:26
  • Bronar 2012/11/14 20:53:46
    No I have not
    Bronar
    +5
    Easier to ignore.
  • AM Bronar 2012/11/14 21:14:25
  • Bronar AM 2012/11/14 21:16:25
    Bronar
    +3
    Did you say something? I wasn't paying attention....
  • AM Bronar 2012/11/14 21:18:05
  • No One Bronar 2012/11/14 21:17:47
    No One
    +3
    Well if you are able to just ignore without blocking the very rudest posters than you are a better person than I am.
  • Melizmatic No One 2012/11/14 21:45:27
    Melizmatic
    +2
    Or he just has a higher tolerance for verbal abuse.
  • No One Melizmatic 2012/11/14 21:48:06
    No One
    +1
    That is another possibility I hadn't thought of.

2014/10/25 07:54:37