Have you ever been in a car accident?

✿Britt ❤'s Steven Tyler✿ 2012/09/24 02:29:11
Related Topics: Car, Car Accident

• Goldneye 2012/12/04 11:00:22
    yes
    Goldneye
    Quite a few, but nothing serious
  • Diana 2012/09/25 03:05:05
    yes
    Diana
    +1
    Two of them.
  • sunshine :) 2012/09/25 02:38:50
    yes
    sunshine :)
    +1
    About 10 months ago I had my first one ever, a car pulled out in front of me on the highway. Totalled my car and the one that I hit and later I found out that the other person was texting. Go figure. Thankfully I wasnt hurt very bad,the other person got a concussion so I hope she learned a lesson.
  • LayLady 2012/09/24 20:51:49
    no
    LayLady
    +1
    Thank God. It's always sad to hear about people getting into them, and it's too bad people have to be stupid and drive drunk and get into a car accident.
  • Chocoboy 2012/09/24 20:35:00
    yes
    Chocoboy
    +1
    2 times ... one of them was fun (of course i am kidding :)
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/09/24 20:17:37
    yes
    Lerro DeHazel
    +1
    Yes, I was actually a DOA in an auto-crash in which my head actually struck a tree . . . The emergency team that arrived at the scene, assumed that I was dead and pronounced me DOA. I was stuck up under a table in the Emergency Room of a Hospital, and they never even bothered to remove my wet-clothes, or anythng. I was assumed dead. An hour after my arrival, my Dad arrived at the Hospital and he and a young Doctor from England, entered the ER and took care of everything; and kicked ass and took names. They ripped my wet clothes off of me, and transferred me to a Hospital Room . . . There, I slept comatose for 36-Hours . . . But as far as I was concerned it was much longer . . . However, when I came-to I knew exactly what was happening and felt a personal-chuckle-type of expression . . . It was the most nonchalant feeling that I ever experienced in my entire life. I wanted to make a joke about it. I will never forget that feeling as long as I live. The nurse was chewing my roommate out for not washing his face . . . And I noticed that there were blood-stains on the wall of my bed . . . My dad told me later thaqt that was from my regurgitation of a Texas Big Red Cream Soda that I must have drank earlier before we were in the crash. The moment that I read that little plas...
    Yes, I was actually a DOA in an auto-crash in which my head actually struck a tree . . . The emergency team that arrived at the scene, assumed that I was dead and pronounced me DOA. I was stuck up under a table in the Emergency Room of a Hospital, and they never even bothered to remove my wet-clothes, or anythng. I was assumed dead. An hour after my arrival, my Dad arrived at the Hospital and he and a young Doctor from England, entered the ER and took care of everything; and kicked ass and took names. They ripped my wet clothes off of me, and transferred me to a Hospital Room . . . There, I slept comatose for 36-Hours . . . But as far as I was concerned it was much longer . . . However, when I came-to I knew exactly what was happening and felt a personal-chuckle-type of expression . . . It was the most nonchalant feeling that I ever experienced in my entire life. I wanted to make a joke about it. I will never forget that feeling as long as I live. The nurse was chewing my roommate out for not washing his face . . . And I noticed that there were blood-stains on the wall of my bed . . . My dad told me later thaqt that was from my regurgitation of a Texas Big Red Cream Soda that I must have drank earlier before we were in the crash. The moment that I read that little plastic band around my wrist, I knew what had occured; that I must have been in an automobile crash; but as far as the details go; I could not really remember anything at all. Once the nurse saw me moving around, with my eyes open, she approached me and handed me a Menu and asked me what I wanted to eat. All of the stuff that I requested, such as fried chicken, she said that I could not have, and that I was on a restricted diet of soft-foods, only. I wound up eating mashed potatoes, and Jello, and drinking Ice Tea. Today, the very icey-cold beverage such as Ice Tea would have definitely been a no-no for someone who was in my condition. The time then was September 1965. I fully recovered. All in all I missed 16-days of School . . . I had to quickly learn the Keyboard to get caught back up with my Typing classmates. I struggled through the School Term for a while but got over it.
  • john 2012/09/24 19:20:45
    yes
    john
    +1
    yes my car was flattened by a large 40 ton truck and i was cut out of the wreck and air ambulanced to the hospital.....
    yes
    +1
    totaled out my trans am when that girl pulled out in front of me. her insurance had to buy my car. nice thing, nobody got hurt
  • Tasine 2012/09/24 16:51:56
    yes
    Tasine
    +1
    One which broke my husband's neck. A phantom driver forced us off the road. I only had internal bruising.
  • chevyprincess 2012/09/24 16:44:29
    yes
    chevyprincess
    +1
    five of them and none of the my fault
  • Amasaman 2012/09/24 15:47:27
    yes
    Amasaman
    +1
    More than one, none while driving or my fault.
  • Kurt 2012/09/24 15:37:44
    yes
    Kurt
    +1
    4 that I can remember.
  • Timche 2012/09/24 14:46:28
    no
    Timche
    +1
    No but my father and my best friend had one :((( horrible experience!!!
  • bye 2012/09/24 14:34:39
    yes
    bye
    +1
    Nothing like that picture took my care into a telephone pole sliding on ice and a couple of fender benders that's about it. No air bag big massive collisions luckily
  • bye bye 2012/09/24 14:39:12
    bye
    +1
    Here is a good one though. My fathers truck got run over by a bulldozer (REAL BIG DOZER) fortunately he was not in it at the time...like how did he not see the red truck backing that big think up over the hill :)...oopsie big time.
  • Kezzi Morris 2012/09/24 14:31:59
    yes
    Kezzi Morris
    +2
    But it wasn't major and no-one was hurt
  • Jan 2012/09/24 14:16:08
    yes
    Jan
    +2
    Five in total and I was the driver in only one of them. That was when 16 year old lad cycled off the footpath into the road without looking up. I didn't have a chance of avoiding him. He had a few grazes byt I am angry with him for the anguish he caused me and for writing off our car. I wasn't able to bring myself to drive for a long time afterwards yet it was 100% the boy's fault.
  • timothy.hill.14 2012/09/24 14:15:05
    yes
    timothy.hill.14
    +3
    a few times. Not fun.
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/09/24 14:01:30
    yes
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +2
    Two. One was my fault. Neither was serious.
  • santa6642 2012/09/24 13:40:12
    yes
    santa6642
    +2
    Twice, both by Women drivers.
  • bye santa6642 2012/09/24 14:36:50
    bye
    +1
    Be nice I didn't see you the first time! I'm tiny in that seat and my field of vision is small especially when I'm putting my eyes on...gee you had to put your brakes on then! What were you thinking?....
  • maimoona 2012/09/24 10:15:00
    yes
    maimoona
    +1
    yes my right hand fractured annnnnnnd on that day i was going to attempt my physics paper...final year paper
  • CrazyJason 2012/09/24 09:36:34
    yes
    CrazyJason
    +1
    Hell yeah. Rolled my first car when I was 18, almost died. The roof hit the arm-rest
  • bye CrazyJason 2012/09/24 14:37:41
    bye
    Oh dear don't be so crazy Jason be more careful Jason...
  • CrazyJason bye 2012/09/24 18:29:10
    CrazyJason
    +1
    well.. easier said than done ;)
  • bye CrazyJason 2012/09/24 19:13:30
    bye
    +1
    :) Wild thing!
  • ♥▀Acid Doll▀♥ 2012/09/24 09:34:04
    yes
    ♥▀Acid Doll▀♥
    +2
    knocked into a hydroplane that busted out the left rear tire , beings it was in a curb had no traction and no loss of speed, slammed hard into verzion telephone box and went off the ground 5 feet and slammed into 3 trees rolled twice and ran into another two trees before coming to a stop on a 44 degree bank, lucky the trees locked under if not it would kept rolling down
  • baxter 2012/09/24 09:05:27
  • Sky Sky 2012/09/24 07:49:39
    no
    Sky Sky
    +2
    no but my family and I came very close one time scary
  • Saga 2012/09/24 07:22:08
    yes
    Saga
    +2
    A very minor one.
  • The River Rat 2012/09/24 05:19:35
    yes
    The River Rat
    +2
    Many times but have always been lucky enough to have never been hurt very bad. Just a few scrapes and bruises except for once when I had to have about eight stiches in my head. Missed a day of work that time.
  • marty 2012/09/24 04:18:51
    yes
    marty
    +2
    When I was 5-6yo, it was raining and my mom's POS car went spinning into a ditch. We were fine and I still remember the house (some of the family) of the people that let us use their phone and get out of the rain.
    (There might've been another one with my mom and sister, but I can't remember it/the details.)
    Some lady without insurance rear-ended my dad's truck when I was in my teens.
    I side-swiped another teen's car when leaving Drill.
    I couldn't see too clearly around some dumpsters so got hit when I pulled out in front of them; fortunately, I was in a parking lot so the police had no jurisdiction.
    I hit some old people that couldn't decide on whether to turn or sit there for another minute. They tried to collect more money from my insurance company AFTER they'd been told that we were covering their medical.
    I calculated that at my current speed, I'd be able to cruise onto the on-ramp. ...So when the light turns green, you're suppose to just sit there and idle, right? Wrong and because of that, I rear-ended a guy; his car was a tank so no damages (and I was going relatively slow) but mine was totaled. Precision is great...just always bet on other drivers being dumb asses, ...just to be safe.
    I dodged some animals on a major highway going nearly 80 mph. Steel cable divid...
    I dodged some animals on a major highway going nearly 80 mph. Steel cable dividers won. With God's blessing and my 'lite drivin' skills, I hit it at an angle where the cables pulled over the headlight assembly and across the frame over the windshield (yeah, it was still toast). Lotsa damage to car, but got it fixed and still driving. The cables...looked perfectly fine and the post I took out might've taken DOT 10 mins to replace/bend back.
  • JohnT 2012/09/24 04:00:59
    yes
    JohnT
    +2
    Three accidents, with other people driving.
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/09/24 03:54:09
    yes
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +2
    A very bad one
  • addie 2012/09/24 03:52:40
    yes
    addie
    +2
    My mother was a horrible driver and we had a lot of accidents until she finally quit driving.
  • JessDeCristo 2012/09/24 03:34:48
    yes
    JessDeCristo
    +2
    Staged accidents for tv series and movies, hundreds.
    Personally , I've been driving for 35+ years, I've been hit twice but I've never hit anybody.
  • Dickens 2012/09/24 03:28:02 (edited)
    yes
    Dickens
    +2
    ..a rollover when I was 17, but I wasn't driving...oh, and I hit a deer about 25 years ago..
  • Osk 2012/09/24 03:21:51
    yes
    Osk
    +2
    First accident: going downward on a slanded-right curve, did not slow down, so I went straight and hit a small/medium rock... breaking the front axle.

Second accident: Was going to a job interview... 1st deer passed in front of me, the 2nd deer was not so lucky... The minute the head hit the front windshield, it broke its neck swinging back (breaking the side mirror) and shattering the left back passenger window.
  • Rock '85 2012/09/24 03:17:24
    yes
    Rock '85
    +2
    multiple times actually
  • yes
    ❤¸,ø¤º°✿Billie✿°º¤ø,¸❤

2014/12/20 05:16:08