Have u read 50 shades of grey trilogy,what did u thinkof it.

foxy 2012/12/17 15:12:21
Related Topics: Shades, Book, Books, Read
I thought it was a good story, I enjoyed all 3 books

• Mark 2012/12/19 22:50:12
    Never read it
    Mark
    I don't ever plan to, either. There are so many books out there, one has to choose which books to read, and which not to, and I certainly don't want to read some crazy lady's idea of what BDSM is. I am not a part of that group, but many who are are upset about how unrealistic her portrayal of it is. I'd say it's probably as realistic as a sparkly vampire. XD
    Never read it
    No I haven't.
  • Broken 2012/12/19 04:23:08
    I liked
    Broken
    +1
    I have a lady friend who wanted me to read them at the same general time she did. it made for some very hot fantasies we shared by correspondence.
  • jOkEsOnYoU 2012/12/18 17:53:20
  • wow-really 2012/12/18 16:23:39 (edited)
    I liked
    wow-really
    The books were ok.(there are 3) The writing was a bit elementary, even though the topic was not.
    Strictly for adults only.
    It's a love story about 2 people who find each other, fall in lust, than love. Just like most of us do.
    Those who are easily "offended" about talk of sexuality, have problem with "dirty-ness", LOL! - ("dirty"- bedroom talk, doing the "dirty" deed -described in "dirty" detail - sexual acts that involve chains, whips, and leather) and/or who can't stomach the idea of either being either submissive or domineering to a partner, would not be interested in this book..
    It had it's sexy points, and couples who need or would like to add a little spice in their relationship, could benefit from reading it. It's suggestive and provocative, and even though most couples would not need to go to extremes, it does spark the imagination.
    Sometimes being able to take turns being submissive to your partner with complete abandon, is freeing, and does a mind and body good to feel such intensified intimacy and trust between one another, but that's just my opinion ; )
  • Serenit... wow-really 2012/12/18 19:45:41
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    Wow you were as thorough as Christian Grey there xxx well put my friend xxx
  • wow-really Serenit... 2012/12/18 20:49:49
    wow-really
    +1
    Thank you., dear..
    I try to be as honest as I can be....
    Just Giving all my "homies" a head's up ; )
  • Serenit... wow-really 2012/12/18 23:14:47
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    Personally I think you just upped her sales because if I had not read it then I am pretty sure after that preview I would be off to Asda to buy a copy xxx lol 50 shades author  gif
  • Shifting Piece 2012/12/18 01:23:35
    Never read it
    Shifting Piece
    Don't want to read it
  • apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope 2012/12/18 01:21:43
    Never read it
    apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope
    I don't have any interest in it. From what I heard it's just silly.
  • Serenit... apaтнeт... 2012/12/18 19:46:46
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    How old are you and are you a woman ?
  • apaтнeт... Serenit... 2012/12/18 23:57:03 (edited)
    apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope
    Old enough to be out of High School, not quite old enough to drink. And yes, I'm a woman.

Though from what I heard and the small excerpts I've read, I don't like how they portray those who practice BDSM as the product of a traumatic childhood, like Grey, the protagonist. Among other things.
  • Serenit... apaтнeт... 2012/12/19 01:45:39 (edited)
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    Yeah I do see your point but the thing that made it so tantalizing was the naivety of Anastasia , very clever really because not only was the author enticing and guiding Anastasia into the hidden world of BDSM but she was doing it to women all round Britain . I liked the cold, steel, Grey softening responsively to his submissive . Lets not forget that this was a story NOT an autobiography or a sex manual of real people that practice BDSM that would be very different indeed . In the world of fetishes , partners go into a relationship (whatever this may be )through curiosity , with their eyes open and more often than not searched for this lifestyle .And not because they are twisted individuals that have had traumatic childhoods of controlling abusers , Jesus they would shy away from being controlled although there are always exceptions but that's life . One thing that surprised me was the ultimate respect that Doms have for their Subs but then as I soon learned the submissive is giving the master the ultimate pleasure . Obedience ,control may not sound to good to some women but to consenting adults its ecstasy ( their words not mine ) 50 shades was about 2 people with their own hang ups , he showed her a world of luxury & pleasure and she showed him how to love , ultimately...
    Yeah I do see your point but the thing that made it so tantalizing was the naivety of Anastasia , very clever really because not only was the author enticing and guiding Anastasia into the hidden world of BDSM but she was doing it to women all round Britain . I liked the cold, steel, Grey softening responsively to his submissive . Lets not forget that this was a story NOT an autobiography or a sex manual of real people that practice BDSM that would be very different indeed . In the world of fetishes , partners go into a relationship (whatever this may be )through curiosity , with their eyes open and more often than not searched for this lifestyle .And not because they are twisted individuals that have had traumatic childhoods of controlling abusers , Jesus they would shy away from being controlled although there are always exceptions but that's life . One thing that surprised me was the ultimate respect that Doms have for their Subs but then as I soon learned the submissive is giving the master the ultimate pleasure . Obedience ,control may not sound to good to some women but to consenting adults its ecstasy ( their words not mine ) 50 shades was about 2 people with their own hang ups , he showed her a world of luxury & pleasure and she showed him how to love , ultimately they fell in love with a twist or as a friend on SH would say a vanilla twist xxx lol Also I would have to say that anyone who is curious about the world of BDSM , do not see this book as a guide THIS IS A NOVEL , there are fetish sites all over the web my friends and fantastic guides to show you into the world
    of FETISHES at your own pace . 50 shades  matt bomer 50 shades
  • apaтнeт... Serenit... 2012/12/19 02:42:52
    apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope
    Anastasia is a virgin in the story's beginning, correct? Meaning she's never had any sort of sexual experience whatsoever. Participating in BDSM is not meant for those who lack completely in that area. She's thrown in, not eased in, which is a must for anyone who begins BDSM. Virgins wholly and completely aren't particularly welcomed because those unknown to everything sexually (because she's described to be rather naïve) can be very frightened and may undergo emotional and psychological stress.

"The glaring omission of aftercare in James’ story is another indication of Christian's failure as a dominant. "Aftercare," for those unfamiliar with BDSM, is the essential and immediate follow-up that occurs after play of any sort ("play" is the consensual session during which any previously agreed-upon aspect of BDSM may be acted on). Play can be incredibly draining, and may engender intense emotional or psychological turmoil -- especially in the case of people who have only just started their journey into BDSM. Most people who practice BDSM, regardless of their level of experience, require some level of aftercare and leaving someone who is only experimenting, someone who is not only new to the lifestyle but to sexual experience in general, alone after play is unconscionable."

BDSM ...

BDSM is handled rather poorly and for a subject that's so unknown to a whole of society, I wanted a "New York Times Bestseller" that included it to actually portray it as accurately as possible, despite it being only a work of fiction. Even though "50 Shades" takes place in a fictional setting BDSM is still a very real thing.
  • Serenit... apaтнeт... 2012/12/19 03:30:41 (edited)
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    The glaring omission of aftercare in the STORY is down to Christian Greys own insecurities of intimacy as his character portrays time and time again I have to admit it pissed me off a bit when she portrayed Christian Grey to be sexually made aware at the age of 15 by one of his mothers friends, why the hell could she not of made him 17 , the last thing I want in my soft porn is the thought of some testosterone filled teenager . Abuse I am not sure, there are many 15 year olds that are sexually active before that age not that a inexperienced teenager would interest me at all . 17 year olds can be like a fumbling pups. from what I can remember as a young woman, yeah maybe it was verging on abuse that part of the storyline . would people of been happier if E.L.James had stated at the beginning of every book . THIS IS NOT A MANUAL FOR A BDSM LIFESTYLE . I seriously doubt it would made any difference when the majority of women were reading it to escape reality . My neighbour sat reading hers in the summer and we did not hear a peep out of her for hours , except the occasional gasp or a cheeky giggle . Now even though there were about 7 kids in the garden she managed to escape away from the chaos that is the kids on 6 week leave . I have to admit that I shot her husband a str...

The glaring omission of aftercare in the STORY is down to Christian Greys own insecurities of intimacy as his character portrays time and time again I have to admit it pissed me off a bit when she portrayed Christian Grey to be sexually made aware at the age of 15 by one of his mothers friends, why the hell could she not of made him 17 , the last thing I want in my soft porn is the thought of some testosterone filled teenager . Abuse I am not sure, there are many 15 year olds that are sexually active before that age not that a inexperienced teenager would interest me at all . 17 year olds can be like a fumbling pups. from what I can remember as a young woman, yeah maybe it was verging on abuse that part of the storyline . would people of been happier if E.L.James had stated at the beginning of every book . THIS IS NOT A MANUAL FOR A BDSM LIFESTYLE . I seriously doubt it would made any difference when the majority of women were reading it to escape reality . My neighbour sat reading hers in the summer and we did not hear a peep out of her for hours , except the occasional gasp or a cheeky giggle . Now even though there were about 7 kids in the garden she managed to escape away from the chaos that is the kids on 6 week leave . I have to admit that I shot her husband a strange look when he asked me for some rope while she was reading her book but soon realised it was to make the kids an awning for the garden .
    This is a fantasy written by a women , not a MASTER or SUBMISSIVE .
    Jilly Coopers RIDERS fantastic novel but I doubt if it had everyone looking for the local horse riding stables in 1985 . So what is the likelihood of women going full on into a fetish lifestyle . And another thing as soon as a so called couple did start looking for whips , dusters ,handcuffs and spreader bars for play then they would see the array of fetish sites available .Because I seriously doubt that all couples are going to walk into a sex shop when they can just order it online and avoid the embarrassing blushes . spreader bar
  • Serenit... apaтнeт... 2012/12/19 02:38:46
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    thank you :)
  • Merry 2012/12/18 00:06:48
  • MARIDOTS 2012/12/17 22:30:16
    Never read it
    MARIDOTS
    heard a lot of talk about it, but never read it. I'll wait for it to be free on my Kindle and then I might read it, but I don't want to spend money on it. Tightwad is my middle name! LOL
  • JJ 2012/12/17 21:39:51
    Never read it
    JJ
    Nope, and don't care to.
  • Robert Strobel 2012/12/17 21:14:25
    Never read it
    Robert Strobel
    However, I have it on very good authority from those whose opinions I trust that I should not waste my time or mon ey on the book. As it is just an endless diatribe of a fictional account of some pent up frustrated whench that cannot write her way out of a paper bag.
  • foxy Robert ... 2012/12/18 09:52:17
    foxy
    Having read millions of book all my life, I can tell u there is a good story, behind the smut. I can tell if I like a book as soon as I open it. If u have not read it. how can u denegrate it. My daughter and mother in law did not buy it they borrowed it from me.
  • Serenit... foxy 2012/12/18 19:52:29 (edited)
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    I have my own copies now and your not getting them back , ever blowing a raspberry  gif
    lmao xxx
  • foxy Serenit... 2012/12/19 09:38:34
    foxy
    Did I ask for them back? I read them It is not the sort of thing you read twice. Not at my age anyway. Ring your mother she worries!!!!!
  • MissAshley 2012/12/17 20:44:53
    Never read it
    MissAshley
    At least, not yet... Not sure if I ever will
  • studioeastrat 2012/12/17 20:39:46
    Never read it
    studioeastrat
    +1
    But I do like "similar" stories. I just prefer my men to be supernatural. ;)
  • Serenit... studioe... 2012/12/18 19:56:28
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    Or Vampire ? true blood
  • Jack's ... studioe... 2013/01/25 18:33:04
    Jack's Pearl
    I know your true preference:

Alex Scarsgard gif
  • studioe... Jack's ... 2013/03/13 21:41:46
    studioeastrat
    +1
    Well HELLO there Mr. Skarsgard. You handsome devil you. ;)
  • Wretha S 2012/12/17 20:00:40
    Never read it
    Wretha S
    Not into mommy porn... I am seeing some of the comments saying they are letting their children read this, that is really sad, abusive IMHO.

Wretha
  • Serenit... Wretha S 2012/12/18 20:00:37
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    WTF if my daughter even picks up my book she gets told to put it down straight away and if she doesn't listen then I take it off her .
    There are details in this book that I really do not want to explain to an 11 year old girl .
  • Wretha S Serenit... 2012/12/18 23:35:57
    Wretha S
    I completely agree, it's not something that a child should read, and when I say child, I'm referring to anyone under the age of 18.

Wretha
  • Serenit... Wretha S 2012/12/19 02:43:54 (edited)
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    My 17 year old neighbour started reading it and really wasn't interested in it , personally I do not think this was written with teens in mind , after all the characters are well beyond the age of consent . I could not of read it if they were 19 , the teens have Twilight which they love . 50 shades
  • Omni 2012/12/17 19:44:31
    Never read it
    Omni
    I like my porn to be visual
  • Serenit... Omni 2012/12/18 20:01:46
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    Omni are you guy or gal ?
  • Omni Serenit... 2012/12/18 21:37:31 (edited)
    Omni
    I'm whatever you want me to be ;P
  • Serenit... Omni 2012/12/18 23:23:53
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    You make a fair point my friend , enjoy your visuals my friend xxx
  • Bronar 2012/12/17 19:44:20
    Never read it
    Bronar
    +1
    Are guys supposed to read this so we know what some women are fantasizing about or is it ok if we go with out natural style?
  • AM Bronar 2012/12/17 20:11:44
  • Bronar AM 2012/12/17 20:13:34
    Bronar
    You are saying one is never too old to learn a few more tricks?
  • AM Bronar 2012/12/17 20:33:44

2014/10/21 08:49:17