Gunfight at the O.K. Corral: Was Wyatt Earp the Best Cowboy?

Roger 2011/02/04 02:00:47
Related Topics: Murder

SLIDESHOW: Wyatt Earp: Best Cowboy of All Time?

Wyatt Earp
1 of 7

Wyatt Earp

The reason why I like Wyatt Earp so much is because he was a peace officer and tried to persuade others at the O.K. Corral to cease fire and do things peacefully. It didn't work but the effort is what mattered.
  1. Wyatt Earp

Wyatt Earp

2. Virgil Earp

Virgil Earp

Virgil Earp, the brother of Wyatt Earp, is who initiated the incident at the O.K. Corral. He arrested two "cowboys" for robbery and murder and that didn't go over so well with Ike Clanton.

3. Ike Clanton

Ike Clanton

Ike Clanton (on the right) was the one who was friends with the two cowboys in trouble with the law. He didn't like that the Earp brothers took him away so he made repeated threats to the Earp family.

4. Tom and Frank McLaury

Tom and Frank McLaury

Tom and Frank McLaury were the two cowboys in trouble with the law and at the end of the shootout, they were dead. Tom is to the left and Frank is in the middle. The one on the very right is Billy Clanton.

5. Morgan Earp

Morgan Earp

Morgan Earp, the youngest brother of the Earp family was wounded at the gunfight at the O.K. Corral but got out alive. Unfortunately, he was later assassinated because of the vendetta against him.

6. "Doc" Holliday

"Doc" Holliday

"Doc" Holliday was an old friend of the Earp family (especially Wyatt Earp) and was inadvertently involved in the shootout at the O.K. Corral.

7. Wyatt Earp: Best Cowboy Ever?

Wyatt Earp: Best Cowboy Ever?

So that's the story of the incident at the O.K. Corral. In my opinion, Wyatt came out on top. He showed mercy throughout the gunfight and would have rather it been resolved in a peaceful manner.

If you guys and gals don't know about the gunfight at the O.K. Corral, google it. It was one of the most famous gunfights in the history of the Old West.

There were a few cowboys who participated in it but I think ol' Wyatt Earp was the best of all of them.

I'll try to give a brief description of what happened throughout the slides so you guys can learn a bit about it too and decide for yourself.

• Spider20 2011/02/08 05:40:37
    Spider20
    But he wasn't the only best cowboy......nonetheless, he was a good man as I hear history tell it....and he was in some good company throughout the years.
  • Doc. J 2011/02/04 11:17:22
    No, I liked _________ better.
    Doc. J
    Bill Hickok.

hickok Wild Bill Hickok hickok Wild Bill Hickok
  • captkirk999 2011/02/04 09:56:05
    No, I liked _________ better.
    captkirk999
    I liked Jesse James jesse james jesse james jesse james billy the kid
    and Billy the Kid
  • Denny 2011/02/04 03:25:11
    No, I liked _________ better.
    Denny
    He was only the best because he got his autobiography done first. Kind of hard to argue when they're all dead.
  • birdman 2011/02/04 02:38:33
    No, I liked _________ better.
    birdman
    Cowboy or gunslinger? To me, a cowboy was a ranch hand who worked with the cattle. While they all used guns, most of them never shot anything more than a badly injured horse or varmints.

2014/04/18 10:52:08