Google Chrome now used by one in three web surfers. What browser do you use?

D L 2012/08/08 12:51:10
Google's Chrome web browser is going to turn four years old in less than a month. According to web analytics service StatCounter, approximately 33.8% of web surfers are using Chrome to look at kittens, puppies, and to see how many likes their last status update received. That's absolutely astonishing when you step back and realize that it wasn't too long ago when Firefox was considered the browser to beat. How many people still use Firefox? About 23.7%, which is certainly nothing to sneeze at, but let's be honest, when was the last time you actually set Firefox as your default browser?

As for the elephant in the room, Internet Explorer, it commands an impressive 32% of the browser market, but three ago that figure was closer to 68.7%. Why the sharp decline? We can think of several reasons. Let's start with the fact that Google actively promotes Chrome on their homepage and on YouTube. Those two sites alone are viewed by hundred of millions of people on a daily basis. That and people are becoming more technology savvy over time, so they don't stick with what came with their machine. There's also the 2010 EU ruling that forced Microsoft to offer Windows users a choice of browsers. That had to hurt.

What browser do you use and why?

• VenomHalos 2012/08/09 18:10:18
    Google Chrome
    VenomHalos
    And Safari, of course :P
  • lucythetooth 2012/08/09 01:37:38
    Firefox
    lucythetooth
    I use Firefox for almost everything except playing a couple of games on Facebook.
  • Queen Katherine 2012/08/08 18:07:58
    Other
    Queen Katherine
    RockMelt
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/08/08 17:41:47
    Google Chrome
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    I use Google Chrome.
  • Kat ♪ ~ ♪ 2012/08/08 17:22:03
    Other
    Kat ♪ ~ ♪
    Whichever of the 3 wants to work right.
  • Mr.Steve 2012/08/08 17:07:04
  • Xerxes 2012/08/08 13:00:54
    Other
    Xerxes
    +1
    Alternate between firefox and chrome
  • Latti I... Xerxes 2012/08/08 13:28:43
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Same here; morning ;-)

morning
  • Xerxes Latti I... 2012/08/08 17:37:04
    Xerxes
    +1
    Hey, finally got my cousins on the road; I love'em, but a brief visit is all I can take; they took the wings and contact lenses with them, so if strange sightings happen AZ, you know
  • Latti I... Xerxes 2012/08/08 17:39:16
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    LMAO; I'll keep myself updated on AZ news lol. Yeah same thing for me, I miss my family greatly until I spend more than a week with them. How is your day panning out X?
  • Xerxes Latti I... 2012/08/08 17:55:37
    Xerxes
    +1
    Okay, went food shopping locally, face unbandaged, amazing i got help right away.......no longer, bandage my face, don't like it then don't look.....lol
  • Latti I... Xerxes 2012/08/08 17:58:27
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    "face unbandaged, amazing i got help right away.......no longer, bandage my face, don't like it then don't look.....lol"

Agreed; I'm glad you took the bandages off, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Where do you like to get groceries from X? I usually get mine from the Wholes Food market or some other small store with quality food.
  • Xerxes Latti I... 2012/08/08 18:01:15
    Xerxes
    +1
    Usually, closer to ATL, Whole Foods in ATL, but long trip, usually just go to Valdosta Ga to shop, sometimes into FLA
  • D L 2012/08/08 12:58:45 (edited)
    Firefox
    D L
    I still use Firefox, I have used it since it came out, and before that I used plane old Mozilla. I just like all the customization and add-on's. I do like Chrome and like how fast it is but I just can't stand the layout and odd settings it has. Also all the add-on's that I have for Firefox aren't on chrome yet.

2014/12/18 13:33:06