Fortnight for freedom Catholics will Pray, Speak out and VOTE

Yo'Adrienne..AFCL 2012/06/25 20:11:20
Related Topics: Assault, God, Watch, 21

Fortnight Catholics will Pray, Speak out and VOTE We will pray starting 6-21-12 through 7-4-12. The HHS Mandate is a direct attack on our first liberty and an assault on all people of faith. We MUST stand together to defeat it. Get involved today at www.catholicvote.org
"In God we still and always will trust."
http://youtu.be/8yWLWeb4ZSQ
PLEASE WATCH....

Read More: http://youtu.be/8yWLWeb4ZSQ

• gaylehelen 2012/06/25 23:01:24
    gaylehelen
    +7
    It's not just Catholics, but all Christians who are being mistreated. We're not suppose to call Christmas Christmas, can't have Christmas trees or nativity scenes (don't want to offend others) but no one else is sticking up for the Christians.
    I'm a Christian and proud of it.

• rightside 2012/06/26 17:59:13
    rightside
    May the remnant of God, that are left in this country, get down on their knees and pray for forgiveness. May we turn from our wicked ways and seek the face of God.
    May God turn His eyes on our country and heal us.
    May Christians everywhere realize that standing up for our rights, IS our right.
    Pray
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2012/06/26 06:41:48
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +3
    As a catholic I have been listening to masses since Thursday when Fortnight started. I have only heard the reference to contraception and abortion morning after pills once. This is much more than handing out contraception pills. It is about the attacks on the church, and other christian faiths as well. A growing secularist movement that has brought us to a critical turning point.

The Catholic church is one of the biggest providers of charity services. These services are provided to people of any faith, and to those who do not believe in God. They have food banks in just about every town and city, they have hospitals, they operate homeless shelters, they take in orphaned children, operate centers for battered wives, councel drug addicts, and operate schools, as well as helping out flood and fire victims with food and clothing.

However, there has been a growing movement to force the Church to except as employees those who commit actions the Church does not condone. They are being forced to provide abortions as well as contraceptions in the new health care bill. When the Church protests, they are met with closing down thier charitable facilities when they do not comply. This has happened on mass scale in Ill. as well as the cities of San Francisco, Boston, and D.C. ...

However, there has been a growing movement to force the Church to except as employees those who commit actions the Church does not condone. They are being forced to provide abortions as well as contraceptions in the new health care bill. When the Church protests, they are met with closing down thier charitable facilities when they do not comply. This has happened on mass scale in Ill. as well as the cities of San Francisco, Boston, and D.C. At a time when so many people are down and needy, the government is saying we can do better than the Church and we are taking over for them.

This protest is about defending the right to be Christian. It is about acknowledging our Christian heritage and influence throughout this nation's history. It is about saying we christians want our voices heard and our right of worship to be a liberty not taken away or demonized, but respected. We are at a critical time in our nation's history. Fortnight is a call out that we will not go silently into the night to be no more.
  • ☆ Queen... Christi... 2012/06/26 13:03:45
    ☆ QueenAline
    +2
    well said Christine
  • Doc 2012/06/26 00:50:15
    Doc
    +4
    Though I am not Catholic, what the current administration is doing to the Catholic faith is sickening to me.

I will stand with the catholics and I will pray. And I will vote.
  • gaylehelen 2012/06/25 23:01:24
    gaylehelen
    +7
    I'm a Christian and proud of it.
  • ☆ Queen... gaylehelen 2012/06/25 23:19:01 (edited)
    ☆ QueenAline
    +5
    I couldn't agree more..Thank you for your coment...As a Christian, I won't write here what I am thinking, but I can tell you, it's shocking!

• Yo'Adri... gaylehelen 2012/06/25 23:31:18
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +4
    Thanks Gaylehelen.....It is disheartening.....but we must fight for our religious freedom.....and we not only fight for us Catholics...but for everyone. We have been limited on how we celebrate our holidays, what we say at commencement exercises.....and in the classroom....as if it were a HORRIBLE despicable influence on the rest of the world. I will always have my faith and trust in God......I too am proud .
  • rightside Yo'Adri... 2012/06/26 17:56:07
    rightside
    Amen!
  • gaylehelen Yo'Adri... 2012/06/27 15:07:32
    gaylehelen
    It repulses me to see the sad changes that have taken place in my life, but I never thought I'd see the day when Christians would have to fight for our rights. Breaks my heart.
  • ☆ QueenAline 2012/06/25 22:05:48
    ☆ QueenAline
    +4
    "This period of time is dedicated to prayer, study and action to defend against recent challenges to religious freedon and ensure the ongoing of religious freedom"...something the left liberal progressive athiests want to take away.....it's not gonna happen...it's not up to them, it's up to us...
    IN GOD WE STILL AND ALWAYS WILL TRUST
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/06/25 21:43:32 (edited)
    Swampdog PWCM
    +5
    Obigot really stepped in it this time. Stupid little bastard! Anti Christian, anti American, anti freedom. This WILL get out the vote!
  • Yo'Adri... Swampdo... 2012/06/25 23:43:27
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +3
    He's toast. in November.
  • Swampdo... Yo'Adri... 2012/06/26 00:03:12
    Swampdog PWCM
    +2
    Fried in grease!
  • PoliticallyIncorrect 2012/06/25 20:19:00
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +5
    Catholics are fighting for one of our basic rights. What is happening now is all about liberal progressive control. They are trying to bring the Catholic Church and Evangelicals to heel. Once they go through the Bill of Rights, there will be nothing left of America. Be scared, very scared that there is an enemy within America fighting a battle to destroy us. The movement is liberal progressivism, the man is Barack Hussein Obama.
  • Yo'Adri... Politic... 2012/06/25 20:34:00
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +3
    BOOM BOOM RAVE RAVE.....thank you for your comments....You are exactly correct.!
  • ☆ Queen... Politic... 2012/06/25 21:57:18
    ☆ QueenAline
    +1
    AMEN
  • Mark In Irvine 2012/06/25 20:14:55 (edited)
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    I will be praying that the RCC gets a clue and realizes that it cannot morally deny full health care to women employed in its non-religious activities. I will also be praying that the US Congress decides, after informed consideration, that the RCC should lose its tax-exempt status in the USA on account of its intrusive political activities aimed at interfering with the individual rights of American citizens in such matters as contraceptive health and marriage.

about an hour later:

Uh oh! Yo'Adrienne has banned me because i have an opinion different than hers! In the old days, when the RCC told nations what to do, the RCC would have burned me at the stake for heresy! or disemboweled me alive! or put me on the rack and torn me limb from limb! AMEN!!

catholic inquisition   the rack
  • Swampdo... Mark In... 2012/06/25 21:50:00 (edited)
    Swampdog PWCM
    Although I'm not sure, I think Yo'Adrienne is a fellow. And he has a cool looking Dalmatian, maybe he's a fire fighter.
  • Yo'Adri... Swampdo... 2012/06/25 23:39:15
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +5
    Swampdog. Please tell your friend from california that the remarks he has made were uncalled for, and unsolicited from me. If he is Godless and has a chip on his shoulder
    about the Catholic church.....that's his problem, not mine....He could be civil and less confrontational. I just posted something I believe in.....THAT"S the freedom of religion I was referring to......I don't know why he even bothered to read my post......He adds nothing but sarcasm, and cynical thoughts to something I felt I needed to post.
  • ☆ Queen... Yo'Adri... 2012/06/26 00:12:43
    ☆ QueenAline
    +4
    He can pray all he wants...we will be praying too...for what we believe...don't let progressive lib athiests get to you..We know where we stand.
  • Yo'Adri... ☆ Queen... 2012/06/26 00:39:25
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +3
    Thanks my queen......I guess it just hit me at a wrong moment.....this is a very
    important and sensitive subject......I'm not asking for a fight about the Roman Catholic Church......Guess I just snapped....TOO many libturds pulling my chain! lol
  • Swampdo... Yo'Adri... 2012/06/26 00:17:14
    Swampdog PWCM
    +4
    He is not my friend, I was just trying to run some interference for ya. Although I was raised Baptist, I was married to a Catholic for 20 years. Any attack on any church is an attack on all churches, this is why Obama must be stopped. It's funny that we don't talk about this in Sunday school. I'm thankful you posted this as I had no idea this was happening. Mainstream media, what wonderful people.
  • Yo'Adri... Swampdo... 2012/06/26 00:43:47
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    Thanks Swampdog......I didn't think there was any resemblance in your comments and his sarcasm.....and I must admit....in a weak moment I BLOCKED the libturd, and then couldn't reply to his additional comment....forgive me for
    using your "space" to send him that "delightful" message......Thanks for your, always
    uplifting and sensitive comments....
  • Swampdo... Yo'Adri... 2012/06/26 00:52:20
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    I am at you disposal madam, I contacted Mr. Irvine and let him know of your feelings. Keep up with the informative and evocative questions. I like 'em.
  • Yo'Adri... Swampdo... 2012/06/26 17:53:58
  • Swampdo... Yo'Adri... 2012/06/27 20:27:43
    Swampdog PWCM
    :+)
  • ☆ Queen... Yo'Adri... 2012/06/26 00:17:24
    ☆ QueenAline
    +3
    you have a point...why do people like that even read an article like this....but it's the liberal way...to annoy...pay no mind to the mindless
  • Yo'Adri... ☆ Queen... 2012/06/26 00:45:15
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +3
    They add nothing to the conversation....but they attempt to TAKE away any relevance it might have on those who DO read and appreciate the post.! It's the
    party line QUEEN.....thanks for your comment.
  • Politic... Mark In... 2012/06/26 13:22:54
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    It's folks like you that have a right to destroy your own country, I guess. Once you start chipping away at the Bill of Rights, the Republic will be toast. This isn't about abortion, nor offering health care, nor contraception. It's about telling religious organizations that they have to go against their religious beliefs. In case you missed it, it's all about control.

So, whatever group you belong to will lose your rights as well, but that's ok in your book. Using morality against a religious belief as a reason to drop the belief is a hoot. Your prayers will most likely fall on deaf ears, but pray to whatever god you do, but I don't believe it's a Christian god. Also pray that all of the black churches lose their exempt status too since they are very vocal in how their people vote. I suppose you'd suck up to them though, they are mostly Democrats.

Disemboweling you would leave too much of a mess. I wouldn't bother, I'd let God take care of you. The bottom line, Mark, is that for someone who professes to pray for your wishes, you aren't much of a Christian. I guess you belong to one of those LWNJ churches that hates Catholics and your preacher screams from the pulpit how bad Catholics are. You probably even think Catholics have horns. That's the kind of backwoods mentality they used to have in the South in the 40s and 50s.
  • Yo'Adri... Politic... 2012/06/26 17:56:50
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    bravissimo!
  • Yo'Adrienne..AFCL 2012/06/25 20:13:19
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +4
    It doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not, go to church or don't, believe in God or don't. If you love this country and believe that the freedom we enjoy is a God-given right, then you should have serious issues with the HHS Mandate. These are privately-owned (Catholic) hospitals and schools, operating within the law and within their belief system, and our president is trying to make new laws that violate everything they stand for. How can that possibly be okay with any American citizen?
  • ☆ Queen... Yo'Adri... 2012/06/26 00:16:02
    ☆ QueenAline
    +3
    this isn't against Cathohlics only, it's Christians in general/. It's what progressives hate., and our freedom of religion....it's all about liberal progressives wanting to control everything as long as it goes their way.....but i have news for them
  • Yo'Adri... ☆ Queen... 2012/06/26 00:46:16
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +2
    BINGO...you are SOOOOOOO right..... It's control.....never thought of it like that......
    BOOM, Queen.....You rock!
  • Politic... Yo'Adri... 2012/06/26 13:39:31
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    You are both right. It is all about the LPs lusting for domination and control. Organized religions will always be a target for progressives. LPs use freebies and "wordly" goods to buy their votes. If you have people who believe in a spiritual realm that is more important than wordly things, you can't control them. The Obamass regime is totally temporal, totally corrupt, and totally anti-American, anti-reglion, and determined to bring our freedoms under their absolute control. I've thought for several years now that the anti-Christ is most likely not one leader or person, but a movement or ideology. Liberal Progressivism is certainly a good candidate for 666.
  • Yo'Adri... Politic... 2012/06/26 17:58:21
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    It is comforting to the soul, knowing that we are all on the same page........
    United we stand........thank you each and every one.!

2014/09/03 02:14:52