Facebook Changes Its Look: What Do You Think of the New 'Top Stories' Ticker?

ABCnews.com 2011/09/21 15:53:20
Related Topics: Facebook

• James Ribby 2011/09/24 21:43:14
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    James Ribby
    +4
    Why? Why does every single news story about this ignore the most valid complaint about the ticker? Forget aesthetics, it DOES ignore your privacy settings. If one of your friends comments on one of your statuses, that entire conversation is now viewable to their entire friend's list. Not just the comment they made, the ENTIRE conversation. You can have your profile set to friend's only, and if your friends actually take advantage of that to comment, it doesn't matter. It's now out there for everyone they know to see.

• killernick~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/24 00:45:12
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    killernick~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    It sucks .... didn't poll anyone ..... but some people dislike change ......But for myself liked the old format ... KISS = keep it simple stupid !!!
  • Jacqui 2012/03/23 18:53:50
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    Jacqui
    +2
    As I stated earlier, I don't use Facebook anymore; as they will sell one's information to anyone who will give them $120.00!
  • firelooker 2012/03/22 17:22:48
    I'm not sure, it might grow on me.
    firelooker
    +1
    Haven't noticed any changes, last I looked (yesterday) it looked the same. Now Twitter's a different story I don't like the changes they've made.
  • clasact 2012/03/22 14:27:02
    I'm not sure, it might grow on me.
    clasact
    +1
    wouldnt know im not on face book or any of the others
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/03/22 13:25:04
    I'm not sure, it might grow on me.
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    I use the new timeline page and like it. But I'm not sure about this top stories ticker? I haven't seen it? Or just didn't recognize it. Help!
  • SA Jack's ... 2012/03/22 13:45:29
    SA
    +1
    Let me know if you find it., or what it is. I have no idea!!
  • jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2012/03/22 11:03:55
    I'm not sure, it might grow on me.
    jmc07806-PWCM-JLA
    I have never used it so I am just not sure.
  • safari 2012/03/22 09:45:53
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    safari
    The only thing I like about the new FB is that it has links to months included in the time line concept so it makes looking at posts historically easier. Other than that the double column row on the profile page is awkward and not nearly as easy to read through. The top stories is something I totally ignore and could care less about and can't imagine many liking it for practicality if they have more than thirty friends. I could continue on with various complaints but it won't do any good. FB will do what ever it wants just like any other site. Users be damned - they really don't care how we feel about it.
  • Aksana 2012/03/22 08:47:22
    I'm not sure, it might grow on me.
    Aksana
    +1
    l didn't know cause lm not on facebook
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    +2
    Do they not realize that there's those (like myself) with disabilities that find this new format UNREADABLE .. unusable!
  • MonuvediMonu 2012/03/22 03:35:34
    Love it! It shows my friends' status updates in real time.
    MonuvediMonu
  • Dolly 2012/03/22 03:06:30
    Dolly
  • Loreal Barrow 2011/11/17 20:09:11
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    Loreal Barrow
    +2
    Don't like it all. We need a way to separate out the gaming and so on as before. You have to wade through too many photos and sometimes, arguments in posts to find games' feeds.
  • Pamela Jones 2011/11/04 13:27:10
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    Pamela Jones
    +3
    the whole thing is stupid! What kind of pin-heads work at facebook? What kind of extra special stupid moron thought all these changes were a good idea? I saw a clip of one of the creators and I didn't whether to laugh or smack my forehead is disgust as the moron started prattling about how great the changes were. What kind of idiot thinks like that? They are not great! They are stupid! They better knock off messing with Facebook otherwise some of us will get so fed up we will close our facebook account. Then lets see how much the company is worth then.
  • Robyn Darrough 2011/10/07 14:03:57
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    Robyn Darrough
    +2
    I hate the top story thing, wish we could stop that! I kinda like the scroll tho, it is growing on me.
  • James Ribby 2011/09/24 21:43:14
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    James Ribby
    +4
  • darrellbchillz 2011/09/24 16:44:45
  • teeiabodesigns 2011/09/24 01:24:39
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    teeiabodesigns
    +3
    I hate the changes. I'm missing more than half of my friends updated stats because the New Feed is gone. The ticker bar on the side is annoying & makes it harder to view what's, what. I wish FB would be converted back to the way it was
  • jonathan.bondhus 2011/09/23 23:06:55
    jonathan.bondhus
    A year from now it won't matter, because we will have fallen in love with the new status feed anyway and they will then update it again. People ALWAYS get used to it. I have never heard of someone who was still complaining about the new status feed 2 months after it changed.
  • Marilyn... jonatha... 2011/09/23 23:48:29
    Marilyn Gray
    +2
    A month or so of this nonsense and I won't have a problem with FB. I will eliminate it from my world. Then I won't need to concern myself or look at every single time someone in the world says a word or coughs on FB. Thankfully, I have the freedom to see what I please !!! Thank goodness for this. I just play games on FB and rarely need to do anything else. As I see and personally talk with my friends all the time. I can play games without this current mess. And NO, there are people that do not choose to "get used" things ALWAYS. And how pleased I am to tell anyone, "I say and watch what I please", not what someone else tells me to do..................... ;-) AND am very thankful you have the right to your opinion and I respect that right.
  • Tex Cri... jonatha... 2011/10/03 20:24:09
    Tex Crigger
    +3
    Actually we will not have fallen in love with it. We will have been forced to accept it, because facebook ignores all complaints. They will keep forcing their changes on us; and we will be forced to get used to it.
  • maryDS 2011/09/23 20:59:31
    I'm not sure, it might grow on me.
    maryDS
    +1
    it has changed too many times over a short time, so by the time I get the hang of it - it changes! So I have got to start again...
  • Bethany Smith 2011/09/22 21:02:39
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    Bethany Smith
    +2
    I miss being able to separate everything. I can't do that now. Now I have to get through all my game post to see status updates, videos and pictures, and stuff from my links. I have to scroll down the whole page to see everything and I still miss stuff. I think this new thing is stupid and need to change it back. I want to be able to separate everything so that I'm not seeing the same thing over and over. Please FB. Put it back and stop trying to change it. It's fine the way it is. I'm pretty sure if there is a problem that people will let you know about it. And any upcoming changes that you THINK might be better for everyone, why don't you ask everyone what they think first? Seriously. It took 5 minutes to figure out how to get to my profile yesterday. I don't know if what I'm trying to post has posted unless I go to my profile. It stinks. Change it back and leave it alone.
  • CRAZYCHUCK1573 2011/09/22 18:46:58
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    CRAZYCHUCK1573
    +1
    I like some of it but over all I dislike it...
  • xfallenanjelx 2011/09/22 17:46:52
    I'm not sure, it might grow on me.
    xfallenanjelx
    +1
    To make your news feed the SAME as it was before--
    1-Make a new "list"
    2-Add everyone, and every page, in your friend's list to it.
    3-When on your "newsfeed" page, choose that "list"
    4-Under your name (upper right) , click "manage list"
    5-click "choose update types"
    6-check off Status Updates, Photos/Videos, Games, Comments/Likes, Other Activity.
    This will set your "newsfeed" to basically the way it was.
    You will need to choose "Everyone" everytime you go to your "Newsfeed". Sort of like clicking "Most Recent". ;)

To confirm everyone and every page is on your "Everyone" list, when on your "newsfeed", on the right where it says, "On This List", click "See All", then choose, "Friends", and scroll thru to make sure everyone is on the list. Do the same for "Pages" and "Subscriptions" as well. I just added an extra 33 people/pages that way. Now I have everyone in my "everyone" list. :)
    -----------------------------...
    To make a new "List":
    On your newsfeed, on the left, next to "LISTS" Click "More".
    When the List "list" pops up, you'll see to the right of the title: +Create a List.
    Click that.
    Type a name for the list.
    Click "Add Friends" (in the middle of the page under the pic of the newspaper)
    Here comes the (not so) fun part (if you have a million friends)
    Proceed to choose...

1-Make a new "list"
    5-click "choose update types"

-----------------------------...
    To make a new "List":
    Click that.
    Type a name for the list.
    Proceed to choose every friend in the "Friends" menu.
    If you want updates from pages you've joined (ie-stores, businesses, etc), chose "Pages" from the drop down menu and choose all those too.
    After you're done checking off everyone, click "Done"

Then go back to your newsfeed if you're not already there, and the list should already be chosen. If not, just click once on it and you'll have ALL UPDATES from EVERYONE you put in that list.
  • xfallen... xfallen... 2011/09/22 17:47:40
    xfallenanjelx
    +3
    I did NOT vote: (It might grow on me) I voted I HATE IT!!!
  • Lady Wi... xfallen... 2012/03/22 14:19:58
    Lady Winters
    yep; that's how I do it. It's easier to see my friend's updates.
  • CmajorBen 2011/09/22 17:13:47 (edited)
    CmajorBen
    time change, things change .... i love it but not everyone. i understand that u have to improve it, but u should lets users vote what they want or dont want to change in their facebook's interface
  • helen.shao 2011/09/22 15:56:18
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    helen.shao
    +1
    I like ABC but any new change from computer technology is fine wirth me.
  • denise.menard3 2011/09/22 11:18:45
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    denise.menard3
    +2
    Being an avid Facebook user, I was shocked and angered by the changes I found on my page yesterday. Since when, does anyone have the right to decide what I want to read about? This is not going to keep people connected, as now we are unable to find one another!
  • Tia M. 2011/09/22 10:29:29
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    Tia M.
    +2
    I deleted my Facebook account today as I have no need to stalk my friends so I know when they play Farmville and when they pick their nose. Hey, if Facebook doesn't care about making their users happy why should I use their service?
  • PSLguy69 2011/09/22 09:56:56
    PSLguy69
    I'm 1 of 344 votes that like the new change. I wish they'd all stop Whining Boo hoo things change get over it & move on. Sheesh ! crybabies
  • Leona Schultz 2011/09/22 06:41:48
  • littlepiratemal 2011/09/22 06:38:39
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    littlepiratemal
    +2
    Hate it but I'm not gonna post about it complaining every 5 mins!! GET USE TO IT PPL!! Or creat your own damn site.
  • PSLguy69 littlep... 2011/09/22 09:59:41
  • Tex Cri... littlep... 2011/10/03 20:29:30
    Tex Crigger
    +1
    We will all HAVE TO GET USED TO IT, if we stay on facebook, because they are not going to change it, they are not going to give us any options, we have no choice.
  • CleverGal Kari 2011/09/22 06:03:58
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    CleverGal Kari
    +1
    Sadly, you ignore those who are not proficient in computer technology ... and those same people are the very ones who use facebook the most! Somebody there must be thinking just like ABC (deciding to cancel daytime favorites) ... tsk ... tsk ... tsk ...
  • DaughterandLoverofJesus 2011/09/22 05:38:05
    I'm not sure, it might grow on me.
    DaughterandLoverofJesus
    I know this is kinda long, but it's what I think. There are pros and cons to the new layout: I like the real updates on the right, but I HATE looking at Top Posts... I want to see Recent Posts more often. I pretty much get on once a day and want to know what my friends were doing and saying for that day... I don't care what they said yesterday because I saw it yesterday.... I also don't like the lists thing. I wouldn't be friends with people if I were going to put them in a list that I never looked at. I really just like to see most updates from most of my friends. There's too much compartmentalization now... Plus, I'm just kind of sick of things being changed and having to figure it out all over again....
  • Tex Cri... Daughte... 2011/10/03 20:33:43
    Tex Crigger
    +1
    I don't like the ticker at all. For example: I have a friend that plays the games, but has a lot of friends that like to chat. Facebook chat doesn't like you go be playing a game while you chat. The chat messes up the games especially if it is a game where you get bonuses and/or can share bonuses. If someone is chatting at the time you try to collect or send you lose the bonuses because it hoses up the computer. The ticker is the same way.....

Not everyone is up to date on the newest and fastest computers....in fact most of the people that are on facebook the most are the elderly, the disabled and the unemployed. They have nothing else to do....they cannot afford it. But, facebook has no comprehension of who their members are.
  • Ron Mendez 2011/09/22 00:08:56
    Hate It! Bring back the old news feed.
    Ron Mendez
    +1
    just dont care for it.

2014/10/23 19:10:13