Eleven things the FDA Allows In Your Food - which might make you reconsider purchasing the foods containing it?

Nameless 2012/07/23 13:58:40
Rat in feces in peanut butter
Maggots
Rotten fruit
Rodent (hair)
Foreign matter (includes things like cigarette butts)
Mammalian excreta (animal poo, & could include human)
Fruit fly (eggs & maggots) - love tomato sauce
Sand and grit
Thrips
Parasites such as this one in fish
Insect feces in spices
Sticks and stones
There was a SH question re: a cafe for clean drinking water in NYC and this made me remember something about foods... This will have you rethinking what you eat.

Read More: http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-204_162-10004411.html?...

• David 2012/07/23 21:24:21 (edited)
    David
    For anyone interested you may find, "FARMAGEDDON" and "EARTHLINGS" both enlightening and powerful, particularly "EARTHLINGS". They are both full length documentaries, about 90 minutes in length. A note of caution, "EARTHLINGS" is not easy to watch, but important that we all do. Watch them and I'm sure we can have some lively banter afterwords. Almost forgot, both are on youtube. Peace...
  • Matt 2012/07/23 16:47:52
    Matt
    +1
    All of the things that you have listed are health foods when compared to the pesticides that are put on our fruits and vegetables. With an increasing amount of our food coming from foreign countries, many of those pesticides are banned in the USA. Cotton is not a food crop and uses about a third of the worlds tonnage of unregulated pesticides. I would recommend not eating anything with cottonseed oil in it.
    Pesticides
  • Nameless Matt 2012/07/23 16:57:30
    Nameless
    +1
    I was just listing a few of the things. If I listed all, you'd still be reading. : )
  • DizziNY 2012/07/23 14:04:44 (edited)
    Maggots
    DizziNY
    +1
    WHY don't you have an ALL of the ABOVE choice?

vomit
  • Nameless DizziNY 2012/07/23 15:22:32
    Nameless
    +1
    I purchase nigh to no processed foods. I get my grains from a local farmer who is incredibly clean. Now, that being said, of course we all consume bugs on occasion. However, rat crap? Ummm... nope. Maggots? Nope. Rat hair? Nope. All of my jarred/canned fruits are made with care and no rotten fruits are used - and all bug spots are cut out. All fruits are washed and rinsed with a safe, non toxic wash. No foreign matter goes into the foods my family eats. We have no gizzard so neither sand/grit ve"nor sticks/stones. So, everything is well washed. I grind my own spices and grow my own herbs - and my own roma tomatoes, with which I make my own tomato sauce.

I should have had an "All of the above." I am so sorry. LOL The dogs were doing their batchitcrazy house runs, the parrots were screaming for breakfast, I am soooo tired, and was trying to get this done. Oops.

2014/12/20 19:34:12