Does Marijuana make a person lazy/apathetic?

Tits ISHBAHFF McGee 2011/03/22 18:19:10
Who smokes more pot- conservative men or liberal men?

(a side effect of smoking pot is shrinking testicle size which means less testosterone)

Does smoking pot make a person so mellow it is borderline laziness or apathy? 
Would someone who smokes pot daily be able to recognize socially what is going on around them, especially with the government and changes? Laws, loss of rights etc?

If knowing pot makes a person mellow/lazy/apathetic would this increase the government wanting to legalize it subsequently making more money off of it?

• Nathan Espinoza 2013/03/07 17:46:43
    Nathan Espinoza
    +3
    i feel more lazy and more apathetic now that don't smoke weed
  • Ego Death 2011/08/08 10:09:26
  • TooSweet 2011/03/28 00:47:16
    TooSweet
    Just ask the Canadian welfare system,
  • lindseyrae 2011/03/27 22:52:01
    lindseyrae
    +2
    Ewwwww!!!!! Marijuana? That's a drug that should be banned! I don't care what you people say about the drug, but I say it's stupid for someone to go and smoke the crap! Like WTH is so special about "Marijuana" anyway? Can anyone come up with an intelligent answer? No, I didn't think so! So, be normal and don't smoke the crap to act hip and cool! If you want to be cool, do something else bc doing drugs is not making you cool, it's just destroying your life! The end! :)
  • hyphyked lindseyrae 2013/01/17 23:08:22
    hyphyked
    +7
    Your ignorance on this subject makes me cringe. People do not smoke marijuana to be cool. And there isn't just one reason why people smoke/consume it. Effects of marijuana include: euphoria, increased awareness of physical sensations, food tasting better, slight psychoactive effects (vibrant colors, seeing patterns when eyes are closed), and overall feeling of well being. Some of the physical effects would be dry mouth, red eyes, slower reaction time, and heavy leg feeling. Short term memory loss is a symptom of marijuana use, but it is only temporary (usually goes away 6 hours after smoking it). Many new studies have shown that marijuana use does not kill brain cells or affect your IQ. If you read this, I hope you have taken away some valuable information on the subject.
  • Munster 2011/03/27 06:08:50
    Munster
    +2
    Not all strains of marijuana give you "couch-lock". Sure, most of them make you incredibly relaxed but that's precisely WHY you smoke in the first place. Some strains make you relaxed and others give you a very inspired uplifting feeling. Those are the strains you would want to use if you wanted to do something creative.

I know plenty of people who have smoked pot regularly and have been straight A students and hold full time jobs without a problem. How do you think they do it? Well, their more relaxed then the average person and stress less about things.

Can marijuana make you lazy? Yes, but so can a lot of other things.
  • Tits IS... Munster 2011/03/27 22:56:40
    Tits ISHBAHFF McGee
    +2
    I forgot there were different strains of it for different purposes. good point.
  • Munster Tits IS... 2011/03/28 00:40:28
    Munster
    +2
    Thank you, ma'am.
  • Tits IS... Munster 2011/03/28 00:43:28
    Tits ISHBAHFF McGee
    +1
    great profile pic btw!
  • Munster Tits IS... 2011/03/28 00:47:01
    Munster
    +1
    Thanks! I made that one. I've been thinking of doing another one since I've had this one for so long.
  • seattleman 2011/03/26 01:06:58
    seattleman
    +1
    Lots of questions here. First off; No, smoking pot doesn't make one lazy. That's just a stereotype. Second; Wheather a man is liberal or conservative has very little, if anything, to do with how much or wheather he smokes pot. Third question; Many activists are daily pot smokers. Being aware of your surroundings, politically or otherwise, is not affected by being under the influence of THC. Apathy is apathy. It's not induced by THC, sugar, brocolli, or anything else.

Your last question is difficult for me to even understand. Sorry. I'll just say this - Wheather pot is "legal" or not has very little influence on wheather people choose to smoke it or not, in my opinion. If pot suddenly became legal tomorrow, I very much doubt there would be a rush of people suddenly deciding to smoke pot. If the government wanted to legalize it, and tax it, the same people who smoked before would be the same ones smoking after.
  • Helmholtz 2011/03/25 07:24:21
    Helmholtz
    +2
    Yea, to some degree. Probably not as much as television and a fatty diet, though.
  • Tits IS... Helmholtz 2011/03/25 23:08:49
    Tits ISHBAHFF McGee
    +2
    True! way too true!

nothing makes me more lazy then a super dooper fat super that is loaded in garlic and hard to digest an hour later! uggh, I just feel my coronary arteries hardening thinking about that abuse!!
  • Helmholtz Tits IS... 2011/03/26 00:19:16
    Helmholtz
    +1
    Is garlic hard for people to digest? If so, that's good to know because I eat about as much of it as I can get my hands on.
  • KB 2011/03/25 04:28:29
    KB
    +2
    Maybe some people?
  • Tits IS... KB 2011/03/25 23:09:16
    Tits ISHBAHFF McGee
    +2
    Don't you just wish you could be one of those people occassionaly?
  • KB Tits IS... 2011/03/26 00:04:00
    KB
    +1
    Yah, I'd like to call in sick and just get baked all day, but I gotta put in the full day, spend time with the kids, catch up on my side jobs to profit more than enough to pay for the week I smoke after I'm done all that.
  • pcs800 2011/03/24 18:10:28
    pcs800
    +2
    It's funny I never thought of this, but in my friend group, you can pretty much separate the left from the right by who smokes weed. Not saying they are lazy or anything, I just never thought of it like that until I saw this thred.
  • Tits IS... pcs800 2011/03/24 23:12:58
    Tits ISHBAHFF McGee
    +1
    which friend group?
  • pcs800 Tits IS... 2011/03/26 04:42:54
    pcs800
    +2
    My group of friends, the guys I hang with
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2011/03/24 12:43:24 (edited)
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +3
    Pot --- Yes, lazy. No wonder this administration would love to legalize it.
  • Tits IS... Annie~P... 2011/03/24 23:13:27
    Tits ISHBAHFF McGee
    +1
    would you vote for a politician who smoked pot?
  • hyphyked Tits IS... 2013/01/17 23:10:24
    hyphyked
    +11
    depends if i agree with his points of view. the fact that he smokes pot doesn't make me turn away from him.
  • FoxFairy 2011/03/24 01:52:06 (edited)
    FoxFairy
    +2
    Pot doesn't actually make a person lazy or apathetic...it makes them move slower because they lose track of time. The human obcession with time is a social construct that potheads are uneffected by. I use to live in Arcata CA which has a rather high pot smoking population and over half the town was on Arcata time which is about two hours behind normal clock time, lol. I knew lots of people who were very active with all kinds of cool stuff I could never find the energy to do myself, they got it done later than planned but, they always got it done. Actually some people claim pot actually frees the mind from stresses that block creative thought. And the apathy thing is completely silly, I have known some completely passionate potheads, sure they don't get all angry over stuff but, they do care about certain things very strongly. Have not touched the stuff in a great number of years, and yet I am still unbothered by those who do use.
  • Dan (Politicaly Incorrect) 2011/03/23 22:33:05
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    +4
    I don't think it makes anyone lazier. When I smoked it it just made me get deeper into what I was doing.
  • Magnum Dan (Po... 2011/03/23 23:43:53
    Magnum
    +3
    I so know that, in school I tested better after lunch, more focused. lol
  • Kiki 2011/03/23 21:50:42 (edited)
    Kiki
    +3
    It depends on the strain of Cannabis a person ingests that dictates the type of high.

Indica gives people a body high that results in couch-lock and the munchies.

Sativa produces a cerebral, soaring type of high resulting in being more energetic that can lead to giggling as well as an increased interest in sex.

Source
  • Bogie 2011/03/23 21:48:09
    Bogie
    +2
    When I smoked a bag a week 1974-75 I was very active. I created a cooperative food shopping store, a radio station and a bunch of other spin offs. I never had a moment of laziness on the other hand it calmed and slowed me down and I made fewer mistakes. I was able to focus better. I haven't smoked much since and none at all in the last 12 years and I am a multi-millionaire now and I have a bunch of successful inventions out there.
  • Little Tina 2011/03/23 21:37:28
    Little Tina
    +3
    I believe it depends on the person. 35 years ago I was married to a pot head. He rarely had a job, looked forward to collecting unemployment, just an all around slug. We divorced and he is still a slug and still smoking dope. Why do you think they call it dope?
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2011/03/23 20:29:45
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +3
    No it does not. People choose to be lazy or not.
  • ♥Stephie♥ 2011/03/23 17:28:47
    ♥Stephie♥
    +3
    no.. it juss chills you out..
  • ScrooBius pip 2011/03/23 12:48:27
    ScrooBius pip
    +5
    WEED IS GOOD. GREED IS BAD :)
  • Bogie ScrooBi... 2011/03/23 21:52:04
    Bogie
    +2
    Weed Greed is the worst though! They ought to decriminalize it so we can get it free growing it at home. Of course you can't grow tobacco at home. That is one the primary reasons it was made illegal it would have put the booze and tobacco people out of business. Of course a lot more people would be alive, too, not killed by the crime associated with all controlled substance abuse. On the other hand a lot of private prisons would not be very profitable anymore.

killed crime controlled substance abuse hand private prisons profitable Super Jail
  • ScrooBi... Bogie 2011/03/23 21:57:35
    ScrooBius pip
    +2
    there's a guy over here who grows tobacco on his allotment :)
  • anita 2011/03/23 10:42:06
  • tatchick 2011/03/23 06:26:51
    tatchick
    +4
    hungry, happy, sleepy
  • LesWaggoner BN 1 2011/03/23 06:12:14
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +2
    Only if they start smoking before they learn a sense of responsibility.
  • Magical Mushroom 2011/03/23 04:49:42
    Magical Mushroom
    +2
    No, a lazy person is a lazy person and will always be. Usually pot heads are normally lazy people. Your accusations have no credibility, there is no evidence of any kind that states it dose any of that.
  • brutusin~ Proud Apetheist 2011/03/23 03:02:09
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
    +3
    I like to do housework stoned.
  • FREE 2011/03/23 02:46:48
    FREE
    +5
    No comment, I am too lazy to answer at length. lol

MEDICAL-MARIJUANA-MLM.com

2014/04/18 05:49:23