Do young girls dress too "sexy"?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2011/03/16 13:59:42
Related Topics: Hot, Conversation
Yes they dress too sexy
No its fine
I have seen a disturbing trend, that has been around for ages, but seems to be worsening. Young teens, that look much much older and to be frank....like Strippers. This disturbs me because it devalues them in the long run. They learn that people like them for their bodies, and for their "hot" factor. Instead of learning about what makes each other tick, and having conversations. Also it is misleading for college aged guys, who think they have a girl of a similar age. They need to start checking ID's . I just think it is too much too soon and what are their parents thinking?

• Jack's Pearl 2011/03/16 14:02:54
    I think........
    Jack's Pearl
    +10
    The picture above looks like a dancer. But I think teens and adults alike should dress with dignity.

• HiYa 2011/05/02 17:29:44
    I think........
    HiYa
    It depends on the age you're speaking about. I started dressing sexy at like 16... But not whore sexy... But not like a little girl anymore. I think padded bikini tops on pre-teens is a cause for pause. Barbara Walter's recently said on the view, "these young girls are dressing like little ho's!" And it can't be denied.
    pause barbara walters view young girls dressing hos denied
  • NewlyNamed 2011/03/21 09:02:00
    No its fine
    NewlyNamed
    +1
    I don't think so, not in general.
  • jsnsprincess 2011/03/21 08:48:03
    Yes they dress too sexy
    jsnsprincess
    +1
    I agree... I think that young girls are in such a hurry to be perceived as "adults" that they dress in clothing that is far too mature for them and wear makeup that they don't even need because they have beautiful young skin but it's all to appear older to others. It's sad really because later in life they are going to wish they stayed young as long as they cold. A lot of it is self esteem and the ads, tv shows, magazines etc... that promote scantily clad women.
  • Kuldaboli (oYo) 2011/03/17 09:19:02
    I think........
    Kuldaboli (oYo)
    +1
    The way I see it, there's a huge difference between dressing "sexy" and dressing "slutty". There's a very thin line between those two things, and I think that a lot of young women today need to learn the difference between the two.

Dressing "sexy" means that one dresses in such a way that it flatters the dresser's body and brings out their physical appearance in such a way that the sight teases the onlooker and makes them wonder what the dresser might look like with less clothes on.
    Dressing "slutty", on the other hand, basically means that one dresses in such a way that it removes all doubt as to how the dresser looks with less clothes on.

Dressing "sexy" doesn't necessarily mean plunging necklines and hemlines that reach barely below the wearer's butt. A woman can be fully dressed - from the neck down to her ankles - and still look incredibly sexy. That is because the difference between dressing "sexy" and dressing "slutty" also boils down to attitude. A confident attitude - one that does not cross the line into arrogance, mind you - mixed with a slight teasing smile and a flirtatious gesture or two is all it takes to make the difference when applied correctly. Overdoing any of the aforementioned things, however, will plummet the person from "sexy" to "slutty" (or even down to "desperate") in no time flat.

Yes. That is how thin the line really is.
  • NewlyNamed Kuldabo... 2011/03/21 09:01:18
    NewlyNamed
    +1
    Interesting distinction, and worth considering.
  • Kuldabo... NewlyNamed 2011/03/21 10:00:49
    Kuldaboli (oYo)
    Thank you very much.
    It's a distinction that I've seen far too many young women fail to recognize. It's a sad thing.
  • NewlyNamed Kuldabo... 2011/03/21 19:10:03
    NewlyNamed
    +1
    I tend to see things in linguistic-philosophical terms, so I'm always happy to hear of a reasonably sound or useful distinction.
  • Liza Jane 2011/03/17 05:53:27 (edited)
    I think........
    Liza Jane
    +1
    Ironically (or not) the girl pictured above is Miley Cyrus. Anywho... I think it depends. If your daughter is a cheerleader or gymnast or figure skater you're sort of expected to wear skimpy clothes when preforming. If you're talking about club rats, yes, they dress horribly. I wish girls and women would live by the basic rule my mom taught me: If you're showing some leg, cover up your chest. If you're showing cleavage, cover your legs. That way you don't look like you're begging for attention. You can be sexy without being slutty.
  • NewlyNamed Liza Jane 2011/03/21 19:11:49
    NewlyNamed
    That's right. Nothing wrong with being "sexy" -- otherwise we wouldn't have two sexes. "Slutty" well -- that's different. "Slutty" is disparaging or pejorative. "Sexy" is not.
  • jst2swtnsassy 2011/03/17 05:18:38
    Yes they dress too sexy
    jst2swtnsassy
    The 80s saw some "risque" clothes that Madonna wore and that was considered bad. What are they wearing now? Hardly any material to cover them and they wonder why the pedophiles and other males oogle them and they get propositioned. I feel very strongly that the media has pushed these trends and ideas on the majority of consumers and also the parents are not setting guidelines that are age appropriate. I know I never allow my girls to just go out in anything they want-they may not like it-but I am not going to attract undue attention to a minor! http://www.budgetcoats.com/im...
  • wardy85 2011/03/17 03:16:42
    Yes they dress too sexy
    wardy85
    But if it makes them feel good and have confidence then why not at a moderate level..
  • Chris Motionless Girl 2011/03/17 03:04:19
    I think........
    Chris Motionless Girl
    it is up to them and thier parents
  • Queen B 2011/03/17 02:29:26
    Yes they dress too sexy
    Queen B
    Why do girls think they have to objectify themselves......and little girls outfits are more hoochie than cute. If parents would stop putting this stuff on their little girls, it would stop being made. First graders do not need to be walking around with pants or shorts that say "juicy" plastered across their rear end. That is just wrong.
  • ValorNET 2011/03/16 22:51:52
    No its fine
    ValorNET
    I smell jeleousy.
  • David (oYo) 2011/03/16 22:16:03
  • ancy David (... 2011/10/11 17:57:29
    ancy
    +3
    Can you comment to my questions pls
  • David (... ancy 2011/10/15 09:33:44
  • KelciLynDiNatale 2011/03/16 20:03:52
    I think........
    KelciLynDiNatale
    +1
    i mean i guess girls like 2 dress how the dress...personally im not the kind 2 wear a lot of revealing clothing but if others want 2 then idc...
  • Gooky 2011/03/16 19:03:50
    Yes they dress too sexy
    Gooky
    +2
    The parents need to take control of these young girls.
  • VERYwiseguy 2011/03/16 19:03:44
    No its fine
    VERYwiseguy
    +1
    For young guys only I find it silly looking when I see it.
  • Stonecipher 2011/03/16 18:45:35
    Yes they dress too sexy
    Stonecipher
    +2
    from a mother point of view, YES! Even if they're 18 years old, I'd probably have a talk with my little girl first...
  • grok70 2011/03/16 17:29:00
    No its fine
    grok70
    +1
    It's not a big deal.
  • BLT ^MOTOOP^ 2011/03/16 17:06:14
    Yes they dress too sexy
    BLT ^MOTOOP^
    +2
    I hate it when young girls belittle themselves by dressing in this way. I think it has to do with a lack of self confidence. It's a real shame.
  • RobinHoodGirl 2011/03/16 16:37:42 (edited)
    Yes they dress too sexy
    RobinHoodGirl
    +2
    Yes, definitely. The term "modesty" when it comes to clothing seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth for this generation. I used to have a friend that dressed trashy and she got mistaken for a college girl a lot. We were freshmen in high school.

Many girls dress too sexy for attention, they claim its the current "style", they really want a guy, etc. But for some, it can be hard to avoid the sexy clothing because it is in every store. It is sad when I walk past a kid/preteen section and there is stuff that I see teens wearing except it's miniaturized. There are better ways to get guys and attention, gals! Show some respect for your body. It's not something to show the world.
  • Melizmatic 2011/03/16 16:07:24
    I think........
    Melizmatic
    +3
    I think that parents actually need to BE parents to their kids.
  • Son of Furious 2011/03/16 16:06:45
    I think........
    Son of Furious
    +2
    That image there is not my idea of sexy, but I think kids are growing up way too fast. No thanks to Disney and Nickelodian. What ever happened to Loony Tunes and Micky Mouse?
  • Jaguar 2011/03/16 15:45:22
    I think........
    Jaguar
    +4
    Both kids and adults should dress with dignity... I see plenty of women my age who go out into towns wearing almost nothing... It's shocking...
  • Assassi... Jaguar 2011/03/16 15:55:45
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    I agree, but they are responsible for themselves....Parents are supposed to be responsible for teens.
  • Jaguar Assassi... 2011/03/16 16:06:15
    Jaguar
    +1
    Yep, I agree, but most either don't care or the kids change when they get out and about anyway... It's terrible...
  • Racefish 2011/03/16 15:43:56
    Yes they dress too sexy
    Racefish
    +2
    Is it any wonder guys get in trouble?
  • None 2011/03/16 15:40:40
    Yes they dress too sexy
    None
    +2
    This is to be expected when children have been sexualized at an early age . It is being done thru gov. schools, and media.
    It is above all a lack of parenting skills.
  • K-ZOOMI... None 2011/03/16 15:48:15
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    +1
    So True!
  • K-ZOOMI-----0 2011/03/16 15:33:56
    Yes they dress too sexy
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    +4
    If they were my daughter, they would not look like that.
    What is sad is when you see a 10 year old walking around dressed like she is waiting for the Fleet to come in.
  • None K-ZOOMI... 2011/03/16 15:41:04
    None
    +1
    lol................
  • Philanthropic Misanthrope 2011/03/16 15:25:28
    No its fine
    Philanthropic Misanthrope
    +2
    There's a 66% chance they'll be too fat to do it when they're older, so they may as well get it out while their metabolisms allow them to. :P
  • XLeeX 2011/03/16 15:19:41
    No its fine
    XLeeX
    +1
    nah they need to be a more sexy..... nah sexy anime nose bleed
  • Topdog 2011/03/16 15:00:22
    No its fine
    Topdog
    its their PERSONAL image and i like it so watever i like the way SOME ppl dress(girls)
  • Assassi... Topdog 2011/03/16 15:01:21
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    I am sorry, WHAT?
  • Topdog Assassi... 2011/03/16 15:27:45
    Topdog
    +1
    they can dress the way they want no matter what others say thank you very much
  • Assassi... Topdog 2011/03/16 15:29:14

2014/09/19 09:51:47