Do you think that people who cut themselves are stupid?

that girl 2008/05/11 06:04:33

• kaylyn. 2008/06/22 03:28:06
    kaylyn.
    +3
    People have different ways to deal.They should find some other way besides cutting but I definitely don't consider them stupid.

• Milez Kelly 2014/08/05 20:34:44
    Milez Kelly
    It's mainly a social trend now, pretty much teens seeing the attention it gets and wanting people to pay attention to them. It always has been stupid because there is literally nothing that is bad enough to cut yourself over, it's merely a part of an attention seeking phase. I grew up being the most bullied kid in every school along with both parents fighting all the time, my mother leaving and always thinking it was my fault due to her verbal and physical abuse, losing my own best friend to cancer, and guess what? I've never once cut or even thought about it. "I do it because it helps me cope with my mental pain" your "fiancé" (after being together for 3 months) cheated on you, mommy and daddy won't give you everything you want, etc. Boo hoo life is always going to be rough but sitting on your couch beating off to dumpster porn and eating Frijoles isn't going to change anything. Go out and make some friends or get a job and quit expecting everything to be handed to you in life, your life is going to be terrible if you expect everything to fall into your privileged laps
  • aRcaNum69 2013/11/11 15:29:50 (edited)
    aRcaNum69
    The people who do it aren't stupid, but the act of doing it is. Hurting yourself to feel better for some other reason is not a normal thought process. Why is it only a recent thing and by recent I mean a decade or so. My parents generation would never of considered this. It shows a serious problematic psychological tendency that's made worse by social media. They log on and can view people in dark places doing it, then they try it themselves in some sort of weird commiseration that convinces themselves that it makes them feel better, like a cutting sugar pill. Then on goes the madness. Like with alcoholism, if you need to stop drinking you get the hell away from other people who drink. Disconnect from the cutting scene and seek help to feel better. Their IS no reason and their never is ANY reason on earth to resort to this, if you do it, try and realize you have real detrimental issues and ASK for help. People are out there waiting, ready and willing to help bring you back from the dark side.
  • Milez K... aRcaNum69 2014/08/05 20:38:58 (edited)
    Milez Kelly
    +3
    Because its become a new found "grungy" trend that people mimick so they can be "part of the group".

Mental conditions are something completely different because they usually don't even realize what they're doing (except the kids with their "anxiety" they self diagnosed to justify them doing nothing but sitting around smoking pot all day and doing absolutely nothing with their lives because it apparently helps with the anxiety they really never had to begin with)
  • person 2013/05/20 21:33:52
  • Milez K... person 2014/08/05 20:41:10
    Milez Kelly
    +3
    Because its the easy way, they don't want to put forth the effort to improving their lives or if they actually have a mental condition, getting the help needed for it.
  • Caitlyn 2013/03/01 14:20:32
    Caitlyn
    If a person cuts themselves it doesn't make them stupid. I cut to relieve stress or anger. it's very helpful for me but it's very addictive. I don't understand why if I cut my arm that would make me stupid. Most people who cut themselves have depression or anxiety issues. If you could help me understand what makes me stupid I would really appreciate it.
  • person Caitlyn 2013/05/20 20:40:20
    person
    +1
    if you want to relieve stress or anger there are other ways to seek help. Talk to someone you trust or get a diary even working out relieves stress. what does cutting do to help? it doesn't solve anything other than giving people nasty ass scars that could stay there for the rest of their lives. hurting yourself doesn't solve issues fixing them does. i understand people who go through various issues may think they have it rough, but they aren't alone. people who cut themselves aren't stupid they are just ignorant.
  • rickey65 person 2013/11/05 17:51:20
    rickey65
    +1
    ig·no·rant
    ˈignərənt/Submit
    adjective
    1.
    lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

Self-harming is not ignorance. If anyone is ignorant, it's you.
  • Jill Evans 2013/02/10 02:13:41
    Jill Evans
    I self harm and it hurts to hear people who say 'just let them'. it's addictive. people need love and support through a battle like this. there are good reasons. for me, i keep losing people I love and I'm just disgusted with myself. please don't hate. thank you.
  • anchoragegirl 2012/09/14 06:35:01
  • Milez K... anchora... 2014/08/05 20:46:14
  • Blaine Gonya 2012/03/15 00:38:29
    Blaine Gonya
    +2
    People who Self harm are looking for a way out of the emotional pain they are going through this could be child abuse, family problems, stress from grades at school.

Society needs to be more understand of this problem and reconize that no one is perfect.
  • XY 2012/01/28 21:17:52
    XY
    +2
    Yes, it's completely unnatural to harm yourself and makes absolutely no sense.
  • molls XY 2012/07/16 09:21:19
    molls
    +5
    Um... Excuse me? "absolutely no sense" it makes sense to the people who are so fed up with all the crap going on and they just cant handle it anymore. This is their- my- way of dealing. We don't do it because we are stupid. We do it because we hurt inside, and to distract us from the inside hurt, we make our outside hurt.
  • Matt Bu... molls 2013/04/30 17:15:31
    Matt Butcher
    +3
    You think you're the only person who is fed up with all the crap going on? I am, and I don't cut myself. You're stupid, and stupid can't be fixed. Cut away, fatty.
  • person Matt Bu... 2013/05/20 23:20:38
    person
    +3
    no one who cuts deserves to be called stupid. i don't cut. i don't agree with cutting either, but i agree with them that life can really suck sometimes. however, what gets me is that they don't put down those blades to find the people with open arms ready to give them the support, love, and comfort they need. i found that support through my christian faith. I hope people who are suffering look for support and love rather than sharp blades, im 14 and i really don't know much about life but i do know holding on to pain and than inflicting more with cutting. only causes more pain! Pain +pain= more pain! and telling someone they should cut away is plain awful! I don't cut, but i have friends who do, and i know the reason they pick up that blade is to escape pain and find comfort that doesn't make them stupid it just makes them ignorant because cutting doesn't solve issues, it solves nothing. a simple conversation with someone who can help will accomplish more than a nasty cut on their body. so never call them stupid, they need and deserve the love that this world lacks and hopefully they will find it through ways that will benefit them instead of hurt
  • jason.l... molls 2013/05/02 02:56:47
    jason.lalima.7
    +2
    Even if you hurt inside, there are so many things that you can do besides cut yourself. There are other ways to release Endorphin's, and clearly the worst and stupidest way to do it is cutting. So your stupid statement of how it makes you feel better, how about just doing something productive, that will take your mind off of it. No need for self-inflicted pain.
  • person molls 2013/05/20 22:53:20 (edited)
  • aRcaNum69 molls 2013/11/11 16:59:29
    aRcaNum69
    No, it makes no sence. It's a deluded thought to think otherwise.
  • anchora... XY 2012/09/14 06:35:53
    anchoragegirl
    +2
    I completely agree!!
  • Caitlyn XY 2013/03/01 14:21:29
    Caitlyn
    +2
    If you have never been depressed or cut yourself your opinion is irrelevant.
  • alison XY 2013/03/14 07:17:29
    alison
    +2
    Oh shut up I like to see you walk a day in our shoes
  • aRcaNum69 alison 2013/11/11 17:03:14
    aRcaNum69
    Everyone has, your problems are no different or worse than anyone else's. Their is never a need to do this no matter what on earth fall on your life. If you lost every single person you love on earth and are bullied daily still leaves no excuse to do this...ever for any reason.
  • LadyNaughty 2009/10/09 18:54:01
    LadyNaughty
    +1
    sometimes ..
    some people just do it for attention or to prove something when other people do it because they have got problems .. its just a way to deal with emotions. yet i would not call anyone who cuts stupid until i knew the reason why and the person.
  • brian LadyNau... 2013/10/08 19:58:06
    brian
    +2
    you havnt a clue what your talking about cutting is an art and pleasure to deal with major problems put it this way it helps me and if I cut the wrong way so be it
  • LALAHAPPYEMOKID!!! 2009/09/26 03:16:57
    LALAHAPPYEMOKID!!!
    I cut myself and yes I do find myself stupid for doing so.
  • Wicked 2009/07/28 03:51:09
    Wicked
    +2
    hell no!!! but before i go any further i have to add i hate the label "emo" if you cut yourself, its ridiculous... seriously. i know a lot of people who do it, they don't label themselves as that. Don't misunderstand me, i have nothing against anyone who is emo but that label goes deeper than just someone who cuts themselves.
    now back to the question... i dont think its stupid because I myself like to hurt myself when im pissed, depressed, or anything else, but i do it in a different way. I punch the hell out of wall, i prefer brick walls becuase those hurt like crazy. I kick anything that is more stonger than me. I throw myself violently against things, but i like it. I get my anger out and for some reason i feel stronger, like when a boxer goes against his oppenent, gets the shit beat out of him yet he manages to pull through and win.
    I like to fight, thats my thing, so when i hurt myself through my punches and kicks i think of it as just another way of cutting myself. Draining the pain out of my body.
  • ♥LivingButAboutToDie[THLuvr]♥ 2008/12/10 23:54:29
    ♥LivingButAboutToDie[THLuvr]♥
    +1
    we are not stupid, and we dont loom for attention, we do it because we feel sad, misunderstood, or mad. thats all there is to it, and if anyone thinks peopel who cut are stupid, then that just means that you dont take the time to politely ask people why they do so.... so start trying to understand before you start hating...
  • ♥Living... ♥Living... 2008/12/10 23:55:54
    ♥LivingButAboutToDie[THLuvr]♥
    oh god i am sorry i meant to say no to that one. thats my real answer up there...
  • Wicked ♥Living... 2009/07/28 03:52:25
    Wicked
    +1
    so true, its ignorant for anyone to judge without going through it our seeing someone they love go through it.
  • aRcaNum69 ♥Living... 2013/11/11 17:05:02 (edited)
    aRcaNum69
    Absolutely no reason to do it. If you think it is, your delusional in you thought process. I am not a hater. But your reasoning is off.
  • mu_linlin7 2008/12/04 00:31:42
    mu_linlin7
    +1
    They need help, not a label. I'm kind of offended you even asked this.
  • ♥Living... mu_linlin7 2008/12/10 23:56:29
    ♥LivingButAboutToDie[THLuvr]♥
    +1
    true, and we dont look for attention, either!
  • Elaine~!*♥suicidalprep♥*!~ 2008/09/14 01:13:08
    Elaine~!*♥suicidalprep♥*!~
    +1
    they are looking for a way out of their internal pain... cutters need help(i would know)
  • Laura In Dandyland 2008/08/23 05:29:13
    Laura In Dandyland
    +2
    I used to cut...Would that make me stupid?? I got over that phase...
    People who cut...well
    They just need a way to release from all the crap
  • Mitzie 2008/08/13 05:49:04
    Mitzie
    +1
    They are just trying to reach out. Sometimes, action are bigger than words. Because when words are spoken, a lot of people now days never hear them
  • person Mitzie 2013/05/20 23:40:54 (edited)
    person
    +1
    Depends who you say the words to, it would be a lie to say no one listens. a listener is a person who cares. Hard to believe, but there people who care. if someone is suffering and inflicting pain on themself they don't need to. Sometimes expressing emotions effectively and facing fears not with a blade but with your heart and mind can be a action that will have the most powerful effects on you and the world
  • kaylyn. 2008/06/22 03:28:06
    kaylyn.
    +3
  • Jenna 2008/05/24 23:40:16
    Jenna
    +1
    they just r lost and need help and thats wat they do for help
  • Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!] 2008/05/12 23:56:30
    Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!]
    +1
    They're depressed and don't know what else to do to help themselves.
    I have a lot of empathy for them.
    They are bullied a hell of a lot and it needs to stop.

2014/09/18 17:50:41