Do you think its right that Soda Head allows some one to post a question with Tea baggers in the question??? its a very vulgar term!!

hazel 2011/09/29 02:42:00
More and more very vulgar words are used by Liberals here on Soda head, my understanding is that the f word the n word the c word ant the teabagger term is very vulgar and shoud not be used ....Then why is it now u8sed in the headlind of a question ????How do you feel about this??

• Dave POTL-PWCM-JLA 2011/09/29 16:49:18
    I think all the vulgar words are ok , I beleive in freedom of speech no matte...
    Dave POTL-PWCM-JLA
    +70
    I'm not so thin skinned that I will get upset about such a thing, especially coming from a big government loving, entitlement loving, racist, American hating bunch of libturds.

• RevBH omgwtfr... 2012/05/31 22:39:08
    RevBH
    +1
    THX, friend.
  • Wolfman 2012/02/13 23:40:17
    I think that the rule should be firm on the use of those vulgar words that we...
    Wolfman
    +1
    No. Vulgar terms should not be used in a question.
  • Herb 2012/02/13 23:21:29
    Herb
    depends on the words sure the fbomb and a couple of others should not be aloud but hell is in our language of everyday. can't police it all.
  • hazel Herb 2012/02/14 04:05:01
    hazel
    we are adults we can express ourselves with out vulgar
  • Herb hazel 2012/02/14 04:41:38
    Herb
    +1
    true but many are adult/children
  • hazel Herb 2012/02/15 06:38:02
    hazel
    TRUE
  • Deb 2012/02/01 11:15:17
    I have a different answer
    Deb
    I get straight to the point and it's not my business to judge another, as for vulgar words? By reading an article we should have an idea who is worthy of getting the point across with a clear understanding as per intelligence. If vulgar words are used and nothing else? We then can make our own assumption as to...
  • Betty "Jesus is Lord" 2012/01/19 14:48:33
    I have a different answer
    Betty   "Jesus is Lord"
    +2
    I think the use of vulgar words show a persons lack of intelligence.
  • hazel Betty ... 2012/02/14 04:05:16
    hazel
    +1
    Its true
  • omgwtfr... hazel 2012/02/18 03:28:37
    omgwtfroflmao
    +2
    No. That is an opinion. Not a fact. Opinions are just that, opinion. They are neither true or false. Opinions are like Sphincter ani externus muscles. Everyone has them, all of them stink.
  • Betty ... omgwtfr... 2012/03/22 11:14:29
    Betty   "Jesus is Lord"
    +1
    Well, then it's a lack of character and in bad taste.
  • drdos1943 Betty ... 2012/03/14 03:19:11
    drdos1943
    +1
    ...and also a lack of command of the English language.
  • Cuthber... drdos1943 2012/08/17 19:00:51
  • drdos1943 Cuthber... 2012/08/17 19:22:04 (edited)
  • Cuthber... drdos1943 2012/08/17 20:47:53
    Cuthbert Allsgood
    +1
    You have framed your argument into the arbitrary rules of a debate class. I agree that within that framework I cannot argue with what you wrote. I also agree that even in the larger framework ouside of a debate class the choice people make with language does show character, but I hold that it does not lessen ones command of the English language, diminish the credibility of an argument, or reflect a lack of intellect. Those are judgements being made against an individual that are not necessarily true, rather they are based on an individuals opinions of such things. The individual is free to use those judgements, but they are opinion, not fact.

In my opinion it is the one who casts a judgement without really listening that is in the wrong and is diminishing any argument they could have made. Just because someone frames their ideas in ways that are not necessarily appealing to everyone does not lessen those ideas.

I am also of the opinion that more can be learned from discussing things with those who do not share your opinions and worldviews than can be from sticking to what is familiar and safe. I often liken that to verbal masturbation, where people only discuss things with people they know share similar belief structures in order to keep themselves from being challenged.

...

Granted, you may be talking about harassing language, or angry language, where the intent and tone is to anger or hurt. I'm just talking about not arbitrarily censoring oneself because society tells me it's wrong to use certain words, themes or gestures and to try listening to others without judgement.

Also, I have to admit that I am guilty of this same mindset when it comes to the written word. I can't stand to see textspeak, leetspeak, or horribly misspelled and grammatically incorrect text. While I think that speaks to ones laziness in typing, and makes it difficult to communicate, all the points I've made above should apply to that as well. I guess I'll have to keep trying. At the very least this conversation has allowed me to point that out to myself, so thanks for that. :)
  • drdos1943 Cuthber... 2012/08/17 21:07:59
    drdos1943
    Agreed... the veracity of the argument supersedes the kind of language in which it was written...even if expletives are used to express a point.,...but being able to express oneself without using them, is quite admirable and lends the argument much more credibility.

Good Speed...friend
  • eminemfan 2012/01/05 19:14:07
    eminemfan
    im not offended by it at all infact i say it as much as i can 2 my friend ill b like "Tea bag Tea bag Tea bag Tea bag Tea bag Tea bag Tea bag Tea bag" he'll b like "stop!!! thats a rlly bad word do u no wat it means?" then he'll tell me wat it means haha i love pissing him off but one time at a pool me nd my friends were yelling things in the slide nd one of my friends said "TEA BAG TEA BAG TEA BAG TEA BAG!!!" then the lady at the pool waz like "HEY! langue" lmao i dont even conciter it a bad word
  • hazel eminemfan 2012/01/05 21:09:48
    hazel
    +1
    your silly, tea bag isnt a vulgar word the vulgar word is calling some one a tea bagger
  • eminemfan hazel 2012/01/05 23:46:46
    eminemfan
    oooooooooo lolz that explains alot :P
  • Martin McCabe 2011/12/30 21:56:21
    Martin McCabe
    +4
    The human languages (Most) tend to be inadequate to accurately express emotions, feelings and the depth thereof. Or the human condition accurately. Limiting word usage limits speech, communication, thoughts, and ultimately truth falls. You'd be surprised how much more a listeners listens when you accent your speech with a key word like f**k! Of course you can't do that all the time or it loses impact from becoming common. Eddie Murphy's schtik is a good example. In 'Raw' he really wore out the F word.
  • hazel Martin ... 2011/12/31 03:04:24
    hazel
    +1
    you might just be surprised how clear the human animal can be if educated just a little...You can make a strong clear point with out using vulgarity , if you have half a brain
  • Martin ... hazel 2011/12/31 19:45:41
    Martin McCabe
    +1
    You got the time to upgrade the knowledge level of every person you run into? I don't. Obviously I haven't the patience to be a teacher! And there are a lot of things I can only explain to a very few people on the planet. Even then, language will be a cumbersome tool. I've been places other people can't go. And I'm not being snooty.
  • hazel Martin ... 2012/01/19 16:06:06
    hazel
    and your point is??
  • Jeff hazel 2012/10/12 00:48:10
    Jeff
    What I think is vulgar is someone who deliberately tries to insult someone's intelligence because they have a different opinion. It shows their true character. I not consider the term tea bagger to be offensive or vulgar. I do not try to take a shot at you by trying to insult you. I find it offensive when someone like you types in all caps which denotes yelling.
  • Betty ... Martin ... 2012/02/15 21:07:55
    Betty   "Jesus is Lord"
    When I hear those words my hearing shuts down.
  • EarlCollins 2011/12/24 21:22:50
    EarlCollins
    +2
    Vulgar words are deemed vulgar for a good reason. Some words are just too hurtful and controversial that they should not be used in any context. I do not know about some individuals, but if you would feel wierd about using such words in the presence of your grandmother, then I would think that you would not use it in public places.
    Yet one black man will refer to another black man with the 'n' word and it is OK. No, it is NOT OK. I believe that if you do not want others to use the 'n' word, you should not use it and let it die.
  • niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20 2011/12/03 22:43:48
    I have a different answer
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +3
    Prohibitions, restrictions, etc will never achieve desire results but will serve as an excuse for more limitations conducive to more reduction of Freedom of any kind.
    Freedom of speech is curtailed since we can not use the N word (Thanks MLK).
    Prohibition brought you Al Capone and the like and so forth.
    Gather all the 4 letter words and epithets in English and tell them to a Chinese Farmer; you get a nice smile in return.
  • xgagasmonster64 2011/11/25 06:30:21
  • hazel xgagasm... 2012/02/14 04:06:19
    hazel
    very lady like mom must be proud
  • IndigoReb hazel 2012/03/07 04:00:40
    IndigoReb
    Some people find the use of sexist stereotypes offensive...just thought I'd mention that.
  • lola bell 2011/11/22 23:08:20
    I have a different answer
    lola bell
    +2
    I'm thinking that it's similar to watching things like car races or olympic skating ...it's pleasant enough but aren't you kind of waiting for the inevitable "crash & burn". Vulgar words are like crashes...you don't rejoice in them or particularly like them but they get your attention and basically alter the vibrations you are unconsciously feeling no matter where or how they come in to your world. I think there is something to be learned by every word - vulgar as it may be... as well as every person -vulgar as THEY may be.
  • hazel lola bell 2011/11/24 07:33:31
    hazel
    I know all about murder and it would shock me to see and hear it , doesnt mean ITS OK NO BUT NO THANKS
  • Andy Fl... lola bell 2012/02/22 07:48:25
    Andy Fletcher
    +1
    absolutely beautiful response
  • Carson 2011/11/17 01:49:03
    Carson
    I am not offended at all by words that are "offensive" but would hope that some people would use common sense in there posts. Then again I do like to drop the occasional F bomb to add emphasis, thats all it is to me and thats all it will ever be to me.
  • hazel Carson 2011/11/21 16:41:50
    hazel
    not every body feels that way
  • Carson hazel 2011/11/21 19:58:28
    Carson
    +1
    I likr your post about how the use of vulgar language is a nice way to figure out somebodys IQ, but I still do beleive that swearing is a good way to emphasise ones point. Especialy when dealing with the average person.
  • hazel Carson 2011/11/22 01:51:21
    hazel
    I DONT MIND (SWEAR) WORDS ...THERE IS JUST no NEED TO USE VULGAR WORDS AND DESCRIPTIONS ..SHOWS STUPIDITY TO ME....DIDNT MEAN TO USE CAPS ...TOO LAZY TO DO OVER
  • Carson hazel 2011/11/22 03:08:31
    Carson
    +1
    Good thing you noticed the capos, because that would put you in that category.
  • hazel Carson 2011/11/24 07:34:32
    hazel
    YOUR SILLY
  • Martin ... Carson 2011/12/30 21:59:32
    Martin McCabe
    +1
    Supposedly the F word was a legal acronym : For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. Besides "sticks & stones....

2014/10/24 07:20:20