Do you need to bleach your hair for splat

riley 2011/06/17 04:30:41
Related Topics: Green, Hair, Brown
I have been thinking about dying my hair green is it necessary to bleach your hair my hair is a darker brown.

• marian 2012/05/29 23:08:04
    marian
    +1
    i was thinking about dyeing my hair my hair is dark brown i want it too raspberry will come out
  • Eyebrowz² 2011/06/17 05:22:02 (edited)
    Eyebrowz²
    Yes, you need to bleach first. You need to get as light as possible for green, you should mix 'red gold color correcter' in your bleach to neutralize orangy tones...and I don't recommend 'Splat' hair color, it bleeds onto your skin (I used their purple once and even though I scrubbed my neck and wiped the dye off with alcohol every day it continued to bleed onto my skin leaving me with a bright purple neck, not good). I'd go with 'Manic Panic' or 'Punky' hair colors. Mixing the dye with developer will make it last longer, also letting the dye sit on your hair for as long as possible (the longer the better), adding a little bit of dye to your shampoo, and rinsing with cold water helps.

dye shampoo rinsing cold water helps https7d3 scene7 comisima hair bleach
    dye shampoo rinsing cold water helps https7d3 scene7 comisima bleached hair
    dye hair adding dye shampoo rinsing cold water helps dye hair adding dye shampoo rinsing cold water helps
    dye shampoo rinsing cold water helps https7d3 scene7 

http://www.manicpanic.com/classiccreamformula.html
comisima green hair
  • riley Eyebrowz² 2011/06/17 05:34:30
    riley
    +2
    How do I bleach my hair
    (is my first time)
  • Eyebrowz² riley 2011/06/17 05:43:11 (edited)
    Eyebrowz²
    You can buy a kit, which will have everything you need in it already, or you'll need one or two packets of powdered bleach (depending on your hair length/thickness) a bottle of 30 volume creme developer, and a pair of vinyl gloves. Mix the stuff together according to the instructions, mix in the red gold color correcter, put it on your hair (you may need the help of a friend to make sure the back is evenly satruated), and just leave it on until your hair is as light as you want it, then rinse.
  • riley Eyebrowz² 2011/06/18 05:31:40
    riley
    +1
    Cool thanks for the help
  • Omni riley 2011/06/28 05:44:12
    Omni
    Don't bleach your hair. YOU WILL RUIN IT! The Splat dye alone can change your hair color quite well as long as your hair isn't naturally black.
  • David R... Omni 2011/08/12 00:24:48
    David Ramos
    +2
    I bleached my hair to be blonde and i had a really dark brown before, it took like 1-2 hours. As you can see in my facebook picture.
  • ve Eyebrowz² 2013/01/28 03:36:22
    ve
    +3
    what kit do you recommend?
  • Omni Eyebrowz² 2011/06/28 05:43:23
  • Eyebrowz² Omni 2011/06/28 06:00:00
    Eyebrowz²
    That's because it tinted your hair. Purples, reds, and blues will do that. If you put green on dark hair it isn't going to look right, you HAVE to bleach your hair to dye it a lighter color, especially with greens as they only turn out right on light hair. I have been dying hair for years, I have dyed hair every color in the rainbow and then some, I know what I am talking about. Green dye on brown hair will make your hair look like sh*t.
  • Omni Eyebrowz² 2011/06/28 06:21:31 (edited)
    Omni
    Here's a picture of a strip of my hair. You can see my previous hair color from the pictures I have uploaded on my profile.

picture strip hair previous hair color picture uploaded profile

I admit that using Bleach would get you a lighter color, but that doesn't mean its absence won't give you any color. If she wants super light hair, then I suppose bleach would work, but she never specifies that.
  • Eyebrowz² Omni 2011/06/28 07:05:33
    Eyebrowz²
    It's not about having light hair, it's about purity of color. If you put a dye like that on darker hair it will only tint it, you won't get a pure color, the hair wont be green, and a green tint over brown will not look good. Purples and reds work best to tint brown hair as the colors work well together, still not a pure color, but as with your hair, it works. Blue will tint brown hair, but even it won't look that good. Green and yellow do not look good at all over brown hair as they are lighter hues, in order to get green hair that actually looks good, you have to bleach or use some from of pre-lightening to get the hair as light as possible so the green will be more of a pure color. She said she wanted green hair, not dark greenish tinted poop colored hair that looks like crap, and that requires bleach.

She has never bleached her hair before, and one bleaching isn't going to do much damage at all, the problem people have with bleach is they over process their hair and fry it causing the hair to become brittle, dry, and damaged, they bleach it too often, or they put other harsh chemicals on the hair after bleaching causing more damage. Most of the temporary dyes, such as Manic Panic, are made cruelty free and actually help your hair by conditioning it and replacing some of th...

She has never bleached her hair before, and one bleaching isn't going to do much damage at all, the problem people have with bleach is they over process their hair and fry it causing the hair to become brittle, dry, and damaged, they bleach it too often, or they put other harsh chemicals on the hair after bleaching causing more damage. Most of the temporary dyes, such as Manic Panic, are made cruelty free and actually help your hair by conditioning it and replacing some of the nutrients your hair needs.

This girl had blond highlights and light brown hair, the only parts of the hair that look alright are where the blond highlights were, the light brown part turned a nasty poo color. It only looks worse over dark brown hair.

light brown turned nasty poo color dark brown hair
  • Jennife... Eyebrowz² 2011/08/21 17:10:53
    Jennifer Nicole
    what about red and blue???

2014/11/23 17:11:32