Do you like the winter?

Kezzi Morris 2012/11/26 19:58:00

• Nellie-TheQueenOfCraziness 2012/12/02 20:16:44
    Nellie-TheQueenOfCraziness
    +1
    I could do without the freezing cold and snow blizzards when I am stuck walking in one. Otherwise I really enjoy winter. Drinking hot chocolate/tea and making smores indoors using the fireplace, yuuum. Watching movies. Going outside and goofing off after it's finished snowing for a while, then coming back in and warming right back up again. Watching the snow fall down and just hanging out with my family or friends. Yes, all of that sounds good to me.
    snowy night hot chocolate nellie thequeenofcraziness hot chocolate nellie thequeenofcraziness
  • MiniB 2012/11/29 21:42:47
    MiniB
    +1
    Don't care for the cold or snow but there's something quiet about the season. I enjoy reading during the winter months
  • XxJanaNomnomxX 2012/11/28 16:08:20
    XxJanaNomnomxX
    +1
    Only when it doesn't snow.
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/11/28 02:29:57
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +1
    But I'm ready for Spring by February.
  • Happy Birthday 2012/11/27 23:51:59
    Happy Birthday
    +1
    I love the coldness of it..
    makes feel like im alive as if i can run forever...
  • jem 2012/11/27 21:24:32
    jem
    +1
    winter draws on!!!
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/11/27 20:51:31
    Jenna ☮♡ッ
    +1
    Sure it can be beautiful when it snows but I hate the cold and that makes it unbearable for me.
  • Max7 2012/11/27 20:06:59
    Max7
    +1
    It's strange, I am not wild about winter, however, I seem to stay healthier in the cold weather. In the spring and summer it's a constant battle with allergys, but yet I enjoy it much better than winter. However, for my neck of the woods, we have been relatively blessed, the weather has not been bad for the middle of November.
  • Best Friends Forever 2012/11/27 19:53:53
    Best Friends Forever
    +1
    Yes and no...Yes because is beautiful the snow,and no because gets very cold...
  • John 2012/11/27 19:40:42
    John
    +1
    can you send me some?
  • *SqU!R@L QuE3N* 2012/11/27 19:12:01
    *SqU!R@L QuE3N*
    +1
    i prefer the summer cuz cold makes me feel like im dieing of cold
  • ziad 2012/11/27 19:11:00
    ziad
    +1
    But I do not like the cold
  • Riobhca 2012/11/27 19:07:48
    Riobhca
    +1
    I don't like hot weather.
  • Cat 2012/11/27 17:57:44
    Cat
    +1
    i love it cause its perfect. winter here is like 80 degrees
  • Destiny SizzleWink 2012/11/27 17:52:53
    Destiny SizzleWink
    +2
    sometimes
  • Millie 2012/11/27 17:08:04
    Millie
    +2
    Fall is my favorite season-perfect weather! But if I had to choose between being hot or cold, I'd choose cold. I do like winter when it snows & because of Christmas!
  • Momena 2012/11/27 16:51:54
    Momena
    +2
    i mean no
  • Luxxie 2012/11/27 16:25:39
    Luxxie
    +2
    I adore winter ! Unfortunately the winter we have here, is like summer. -.- Courtesy of an island.
  • xXScarlettXx 2012/11/27 15:38:17
    xXScarlettXx
    +2
    Yes, winter at night is my favorite time/place to be.~ :3
    winter at night
  • tredzwater 2012/11/27 13:57:34
    tredzwater
    +1
    I dislike cold. And, I define "cold" as anything under 68 degrees F.

I grew up in Florida but I now live north of that state. I put up with winter to get spring, summer and fall.
  • craptonian 2012/11/27 13:21:55
    craptonian
    +3
    in a desert country the only time i can go out is the winter
  • tredzwater craptonian 2012/11/27 13:59:35
    tredzwater
    +2
    I thought that desert people had long since learned to cope with the heat. What are your winter temperatures like?
  • craptonian tredzwater 2013/01/11 07:09:20
    craptonian
    +1
    winter tempratures here are like autumn in england, it nice and the only time i can go out because in the summer its kinda hard to breath with the humidity, and im originally from iraq so im not that used to the UAE weather. sorry for replying so late, i havent logged in for quit a bit
  • tredzwater craptonian 2013/01/11 08:18:13
    tredzwater
    +1
    No problem.

I didn't know the UAE was so humid. I grew up in Florida, in the US, so humidity doesn't bother me. I like heat, however it comes.
  • craptonian tredzwater 2013/01/11 08:25:10
    craptonian
    +1
    Workers (construction) arnt allowed to work in the morning because of the 70-80% humidity in the air, and most of the summer im in my room.... almost never went out last summer XD
  • tredzwater craptonian 2013/01/11 18:32:02 (edited)
    tredzwater
    +1
    Wow! That's very interesting. In western Florida, from April until October, it rains very heavily every day. I've heard of workers staying home because of the heat (as much as 46 C) but never the humidity.

As I say, I grew up there and spent most of my adult life there so, for me, it was normal. When I was small, no one had air conditioning in their homes... only theaters or stores...so I was used to it.

I'd hate the dry heat of the desert. It's murder on your skin, but it feels just fine to live in.

ETA, right now, the humidity in my home town is 65% and this is winter. There is much less humidity in winter. In spring and summer, it frequently hovers around 90%.
  • craptonian tredzwater 2013/01/11 19:57:55
    craptonian
    +1
    90% is alot,
    the thing is.. i love ALL types of weather except for humidity, dry summers are something i wish i have in the UAE
  • tredzwater craptonian 2013/01/11 21:52:42 (edited)
    tredzwater
    +1
    Have you ever been to Al-Dibdibah? I would love to see something like that, once in my life. It must be very beautiful.

My home town land looks a lot like this:

pinellas county hiking
    and this:

wild pinellas county

Outside of the city, of course.
  • craptonian tredzwater 2013/01/12 08:38:37
    craptonian
    +1
    lol not really XD,
    but i have been to places like the second picture, without the sand and palm trees, in syria, iran and iraq, when i was 4 years old i went to dhok in iraq, waterfals, bridges, mountains and forest, in the winter when i was 6 i went to syria, we went to see mountains and parks i saw a squirrl for the first time and the snow too, when i was 7 we went to iran for 2 weeks beautiful mountains and shrubbery, also saw a hedghog for the first time... cutests.. thing .... ever!!, now i am in UAE i discovered the internet, and i rarely get out of the house XD
  • tredzwater craptonian 2013/01/12 09:52:02
    tredzwater
    +1
    I've always wanted to stand on top of a mountain and have everywhere I looked be DOWN. And, I've never seen deep snow. I never saw snow, at all, until I was middle-aged.

We have squirrels running around all over the place. They are nuisances because they steal the pecans from your trees and eat your flowering bulbs. I've never seen a live hedgehog but they look really adorable! I walk my dog on nearby government parkland and there are many waterfalls, streams and forests.

I'd love to see a real desert, too. I guess the only place I don't want to see is the Amazon rainforest but that's only because of the insects. I'm not very fond of bugs. Especially bugs that can kill you! I also have a really deep love of caves. I'd also like to see Australia's Great Barrier Reef. I did a lot of SCUBA diving, when I was young, but nowhere so beautiful.

I, too, spend too much time on the internet.
  • craptonian tredzwater 2013/01/12 10:01:52
    craptonian
    +1
    i would LOVE to go scubadiving, you reminded me of one time i went to lebanon i was 8 and we went into a cave, they told us stories about how people used to carve the pillars of rocks and hide money inthem, the walls wereall jagged and there was ALOT of water.. almost like a river, the water was really cold and the place was beautiful , it was winter and christmas time but for us it was eid (i think prophets birth) it was awesome, but i dont regret having the internet because i know so much more and im more educated about the world,oh and i found sodahead XD
  • tredzwater craptonian 2013/01/12 10:59:50
    tredzwater
    +1
    I've been to Ruby Falls Cave and it was beautiful. It's commercialized, of course, but the lighting was wonderful!

ruby cave
    ruby cave

I've been to non-commercial caves, as well, and I like those the best. Around here, though, you do have to be careful. Bears like to use the caves as dens so I never go in any in the wintertime. In summer, the bears are usually out and it's safe.

Do you play any sports?
  • craptonian tredzwater 2013/01/12 11:42:42
    craptonian
    +1
    those caves look amazing....
    i laughed at your question XD
    no but i train my brain constantly (excuse for not playing any sports XD)
  • tredzwater craptonian 2013/01/12 11:57:36 (edited)
    tredzwater
    +1
    Brain training is a good thing...a very good thing.

I only asked because I was very athletic until quite recently. Now, I spend my time reading or on the Net and keep making good resolutions to get up and get moving again...and not keeping them.

I know the climate bothers you but there are many things one can do indoors. In fact, I used to ride horseback in an air-conditioned riding ring, of all things, when the weather was bad. But, in my case, "bad" is 15 C. LOL

Swimming is fun, if there's a pool near you. Do they have public pools in the UAE? I'm very ignorant about it.

ETA: I know Eid. I used to teach ESL and had quite a few Muslim students.
  • craptonian tredzwater 2013/01/12 12:27:13
    craptonian
    +1
    yeh we have an outdoor and indoor pool in the building, the outdoor pool is really big but the indoor one is quit small
    i have never heard of an indoor horse riding ring XD,
    what is the floor like? do they bring in sand? or is it laminated? XD
  • tredzwater craptonian 2013/01/12 17:46:39 (edited)
    tredzwater
    +1
    The riding ring I used had wood shavings over concrete and rubber as the floor surface. First, the concrete, then heavy rubber was glued to it and the shavings put on top of that. The shavings were changed often. I used to love the smell.

This one is very similar but the one I used wasn't nearly as large. It only held about 10 horses. And, the windows were jalousie ones.

indoor riding ring

ETA: There were restrooms and a drinks machine at one end and my Arabian used to try to "accidentally" wander down that way because he loved Pepsi Cola.
  • craptonian tredzwater 2013/01/13 03:21:16
    craptonian
    +1
    hahahaha :D
    aweosme horse XD
  • tredzwater craptonian 2013/01/13 04:58:36
    tredzwater
    +1
    For some reason, he also loved hamburgers. I never figured out if he liked the bread and just ignored the meat and ketchup or if he actually liked meat and tomato flavors. He was well-trained but if you walked around with a hamburger, he got right in your face.

His name was Amiri Al-'aziz and he was very intelligent.
  • craptonian tredzwater 2013/01/13 07:46:31
    craptonian
    +1
    amiri al-aziz means "my dear prince" in arabic :D
  • tredzwater craptonian 2013/01/13 11:12:08 (edited)
    tredzwater
    +1
    Well! How cool is that? I never called him that...it was just on his papers. I called him "Aspen" because his skin would flutter, when I stroked him, like aspen leaves in a breeze.

cool papers aspen skin flutter stroked aspen leaves breeze

ETA: He's long dead but I'm curious...I was told that his name was pronounced "Ah-MEER-ee Al- A-ZEEZ". Was that correct?

2014/11/28 03:06:51