Do you like graveyards?

Gib 2011/07/18 04:13:16
Related Topics: Home
I love them they are my second home....

• skywatcher 2011/07/20 19:42:50
    skywatcher
  • Nellie-TheQueenOfCraziness 2011/07/18 15:32:19 (edited)
    Nellie-TheQueenOfCraziness
    I love them. They're so relaxing and peaceful. When I was little and I'd go camping in the wwods near my old house, my sister and I would sneak out of our tent so that our dad couldn't hear us in his. Then we'd sneak pretty much across the street to where the cemetary was and we'd sit and tell stories or we'd just talk. Even now we'll go out the cemtary in town at night every now and then on Friday nights when mom's out and our step dad's at work and we'll leave some flowers for our aunt who passed a few Octobers ago, then we'll just sit under the willow tree near her grave or walk around and talk or look at all of the gravestones. I just find them to be calming, peacveful and ineresting places.

And I also like the smaller graveyards that are nearby some proerty, the graves always seem so personal but possbily close to a family that owned that nearby property.
    tree grave walk talk gravestones calming peacveful ineresting places night graveyard peace tree grave walk talk gravestones calming peacveful ineresting places ancient graveyard
    nearby proerty graves personal possbily close family nearby property family graveyard nearby proerty graves personal possbily close family nearby property wooded graveyard
  • Sofahead 2011/07/18 13:23:43 (edited)
    Sofahead
    I find older ones interesting.

older interesting cemetaries newark

Monument for Ray Tse, Jr
    older interesting monument ray tse jr Ray Tse  Jr

Victorian tried make them into gardens to spend time to sit and reflect. Newer ones tend to be facelessly untilitian.

Some haven't been maintained.
    Like anything else these days, there's always evidence of those who have no respect who spraypaint and vandalize which puts a depressing crimp on the experience.

http://www.city-data.com/foru...

respect spraypaint vandalize depressing crimp experience httpwww city-data comforu glenwood angel
  • CatastrophicCyle 2011/07/18 07:43:17
    CatastrophicCyle
    +1
    The jewish cemetery close to me is a cool place to hang out
  • hmgmcrmy Catastr... 2011/07/18 17:40:00
    hmgmcrmy
    +1
    "to hang out"....what? I don't think that place is meant to be a chill spot.
  • Catastr... hmgmcrmy 2011/07/18 20:31:52
    CatastrophicCyle
    Bleh, I guess I'm just weird then.
  • hmgmcrmy Catastr... 2011/07/19 11:43:26
    hmgmcrmy
    I don't think weird. I just think that's a place of remembrance. I'm not trying to be rude.
  • Catastr... hmgmcrmy 2011/07/19 22:32:50
    CatastrophicCyle
    To other people. To me, it's a calm quiet place with spirits.
  • hmgmcrmy Catastr... 2011/07/20 11:42:44
    hmgmcrmy
    +1
    You have a point.
  • Gib Catastr... 2011/07/20 15:06:35
    Gib
    +1
    Man your lucky to be by a cemetery, I have to walk pretty far to get to a cemetery.... But when I get there I love it...
  • Παναγιώτης 2011/07/18 06:53:45
    Παναγιώτης
    i do not like them nor hate them.
  • Chicken Chick 2011/07/18 04:41:34
    Chicken Chick
    I want to do an EVP.
  • Kate 2011/07/18 04:27:50
    Kate
    I always think that all the dead bodies are just gonna rise up from the ground and then I'll be surrounded by mounds of skeletons, sick.
  • User Deactivated 2011/07/18 04:24:55 (edited)
    User Deactivated
    Just think, a mere handful of decades, and a graveyard will be your permanent first home! I'm fairly indifferent to them.
  • NPC 2011/07/18 04:19:39 (edited)
    NPC
    +1
    Most are guarded by security persons. I like to go and sleep on a slab of marble when it is colder in fall.
  • Yes
    ♥EnjoyTheSilenceWhileItsThere♥
    +1
    my favorite place!!

2014/10/01 06:17:12