Do you have nightmares?

Kyle 2012/12/15 09:44:16

• lucythetooth 2012/12/22 17:12:05
    no
    lucythetooth
    Not that I remember, anyway.
  • PUNX! 2012/12/22 11:19:46
    yes
    PUNX!
    Sometimes
  • KyoriYuki 2012/12/22 09:50:08
    yes
    KyoriYuki
    Sometimes I will dream about one situation and it won't faze me, but I'll have a nightmare about the exact some situation.The difference is the smell and the atmosphere.
  • mollie ralston 2012/12/22 04:03:18
    yes
    mollie ralston
    i swear some of my dreams or nightmares can be movies.
  • Serenity Guru of lurve *wink* 2012/12/21 23:54:21
    yes
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    Nightmares and when I am very stressed , night terrors . But I love my dreams . night terrors
  • Blade 2012/12/21 22:46:40
  • aherbert 2012/12/21 22:45:43
    yes
    aherbert
    +1
    Sometimes ... when I am stress about an contract I have nightmares .... the type that I do not meet my due date.
  • trap flapper 2012/12/21 21:03:54
    no
    trap flapper
    +1
    Not anymore, but when I was a kid everything scared me....and gave me nightmares.
  • NumberOneOtakuLove 2012/12/21 20:32:38
    yes
    NumberOneOtakuLove
    +1
    Not very often, I can usually control my dreams, and I don't sleep much.
  • LayLady 2012/12/21 20:04:18
    yes
    LayLady
    +1
    very rarely
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/12/21 19:59:25
    yes
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    constantly
  • ☆Katharina☆ 2012/12/21 19:24:17
    no
    ☆Katharina☆
    +1
    i don't remember my dreams most of the time
  • Tropiceagle33 2012/12/21 19:23:37
    no
    Tropiceagle33
    +1
    No longer do
  • sneekyfoot 2012/12/21 19:22:55
    no
    sneekyfoot
    +2
    I dream about my friends who have died
  • Serenit... sneekyfoot 2012/12/21 23:49:22
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    That's nice , are they happy in your dreams ?
  • sneekyfoot Serenit... 2012/12/22 19:01:11
    sneekyfoot
    some are distrubing others are pleasant
  • Serenit... sneekyfoot 2012/12/23 00:49:02
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    I never dream of those I have lost but after reading your comment yesterday I wish I did . Though I know how dreams can start off pleasant and then turn into a nightmares . I hope the nice dreams of your friends out weigh the bad dreams . xxx pleasant dreams my friend dreaming gif
  • Serenit... sneekyfoot 2012/12/23 10:39:51 (edited)
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    Have you ever been in a lucid dream, which quickly transforms into a nightmare? Even when you are aware that you are dreaming, sometimes it is at such a low level that you can't manipulate what is happening. Most people have had dreams like this, but if they happen too often, here's how to wake up.

1Try to realize that you are in fact dreaming. It is much harder to wake up if you think this is all really happening to you. Try to point out things that are happening that cannot possibly happen in real life, or things that just don't feel right. In fact, you can have a lucid dream if this happens, you could even change a nightmare to a good dream this way, try doing things you have always wanted to do, there will be no consequence in your dream. Sometimes even if you realize that you are dreaming it will be hard to wake up, and I do not recommend flapping your arms around to do so, as you'll likely end up in a strange, half-dream state flapping around in bed scaring people

2Attempt to manipulate your nightmare away. Some people are better at this than others, and it's okay if you find it hard. It takes a lot of practice to fully master this skill. Once you have realized you are in a dream, you can change things that are happening, and make the scary events leave the nightmare. This...

nightmares Have you ever been in a lucid dream, which quickly transforms into a nightmare? Even when you are aware that you are dreaming, sometimes it is at such a low level that you can't manipulate what is happening. Most people have had dreams like this, but if they happen too often, here's how to wake up.

2Attempt to manipulate your nightmare away. Some people are better at this than others, and it's okay if you find it hard. It takes a lot of practice to fully master this skill. Once you have realized you are in a dream, you can change things that are happening, and make the scary events leave the nightmare. This is better than fully waking yourself up if you still want to continue sleeping, or if you liked the dream you were having. Keep thinking of what you want to happen. If you were having a nightmare where you were watching your puppy be killed, keep saying to yourself, "My dog will beat up the killer, and run into my arms". This should happen immediately without repetition if you think it hard enough.

3Wake up if you cannot change the dream. If you are having a nightmare where you are in a house that's on fire, and you can't put the fire out, it's time to leave. You should notice that when you yell for help in your dream, it's more of a faint whisper that does not make a sound. This is because your mouth isn't open in real life. You aren't actually activating your vocal chords or using air, so no sound is actually coming out. Think to yourself, 'I'm going to actually call for help'. Some people get the sensation of their brain responding with a no. Continue telling your brain that you will in fact call out for help until the sensation goes away. This is usually the second or third time. Then, say something. You will notice that it seems harder than usual, and that's because you are actually using your vocal chords. This time, a noise should come out, and you should wake up, realizing that it was all a dream.

4Try to wake up again. If you still can't wake up, and that fire is coming closer and closer, it's time for Plan B. Have you ever noticed that you don't blink in your dreams? It's simple: try to blink. This is pretty easy, and comes in handy if you are having a really scary nightmare. In the dream, your eyes should close, then when you open them, they will be open in real life. You will probably be awake by then. If it doesn't work the first time, shut your eyes closed, hold them there for a few seconds, then slowly open them.

5Try jolting yourself. in your dream, shake yourself so much that it has an effect on you in real life. When you are going to sleep and you have nightmares often, sleep in a position that's easy to 'kick' your legs, in the dream, really kick your legs in the dream which would hopefully wake you up.

My daughter was telling me about her nightmares so I checked this out and then thought , it might help you xxx This dream stuff is something I am going to look into xxx there are people that have actually learned how to control their dreams xxx how amazing would it be to direct your dreams like a movie , as long as it wasn't a Stephen King "Aargh!" it  gif

" Get out of my dreams , you freaky ass clown xxx
  • AG 2012/12/21 19:22:54
    yes
    AG
    +1
    Sometimes
  • Harley Squiggles the God \(... 2012/12/21 19:22:31
    no
    Harley Squiggles the God \(#o#)/
    All the time. :'(
  • Kezzi Morris 2012/12/21 19:21:47
    no
    Kezzi Morris
    +1
    No I don't
  • MJ 2012/12/21 16:12:35
    yes
    MJ
    +1
    sometimes
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/12/21 16:10:31
    yes
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    Sometimes.

Nightmare van go
  • Nellie-TheQueenOfCraziness 2012/12/21 16:05:55 (edited)
    yes
    Nellie-TheQueenOfCraziness
    +1
    I do sometimes, though it is more often that I either have no dreams or some weird dream.
  • Ville Squiggles The Finn\(>... 2012/12/16 00:58:49
  • fallnhope 2012/12/15 22:28:46
    yes
    fallnhope
    +1
    often and in varying amounts of detail
  • Crime Time 2012/12/15 21:18:16
  • Serenit... Crime Time 2012/12/23 00:53:56
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    evil bunny  twilight zone  gif
    Hope it wasn't this one my friend , because this is one scary bunny .....
  • Crime Time Serenit... 2012/12/23 02:44:46
  • Serenit... Crime Time 2012/12/23 03:24:58
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    giant bunny on saints row 2

That is one big bunny xxx lol xxx WTF is a giant bunny doing in a game like Saints Row , all I remember from Saints Row 1 was the pimps and ho's lol. xxx Good game though . So when your not writing your a fellow gamer . I expect that shooting all the bad guys and running over civilians in your choice of stolen cars , helps you to wind down lol xxx keep hunting that bunny down my friend . xxx Serenity xxx I remember we chatted before and I hope that situation is a little better than last time we spoke xxx
  • Crime Time Serenit... 2012/12/26 03:08:42
  • No One 2012/12/15 20:13:47
    yes
    No One
    +1
    But my nightmares are more emotional states while asleep than based on what happens in the dream.
  • Serenit... No One 2012/12/23 00:58:46
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    what do you mean , can you explain please ?
  • viola 2012/12/15 18:43:00
    yes
    viola
    +1
    sometimes, used to have them more often
  • wwjd77crod 2012/12/15 16:51:44
    yes
    wwjd77crod
    +1
    Help. Me. Freddy crueger
  • Serenit... wwjd77crod 2012/12/23 01:01:03
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    are your dreams that bad ?
  • Mr.Steve 2012/12/15 13:14:54
  • |FOS Andy Sixx| 2012/12/15 13:05:17
    yes
    |FOS Andy Sixx|
    +1
    Sometimes
  • Alex♥Adam 2012/12/15 12:17:14
    yes
    Alex♥Adam
    +1
    Yes.. a lot of them these days. Once I had like ten nightmares in one so I kept waking up .__.
  • Serenit... Alex♥Adam 2012/12/23 01:05:49
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    have you ever had a dream within a dream where you wake up and you think your awake but your still trapped in a dream and it continues xxx that's really freaky nightmare gif

2014/10/21 21:35:40